Quasimodo may be a fun, relatable character to see on the big screen. But in real life, none of us want the humpback that comes along with this fictional character. However, bookworms put themselves at risk of spinal concerns by hunching over a bed or couch, getting engrossed in their favorite novels. Even with the best book stand around, curling over in bed to read defeats the entire purpose of the stand.
In addition to poise while reading books and magazines, posture also matters with e-books and iPads. Nowadays the tech-crazed world has to worry about “tech neck” (or “text neck”) from leaning over a laptop or texting nonstop on a smartphone. (There are also concerns about arthritis in the fingers and wrists.) Changing your laptop to tablet mode and reading it like a book won’t change posture concerns, specifically if you’re still leaning over to read. That 60-degree stretch on your neck (about the weight of a few gallons of paint) is wearing out your head, neck and back over time.
While a good yoga class and paying more attention to your posture may be helpful, there’s also the matter of finding suitable accessories that make the process easier. Invest funds into a comfortable, upright office chair. Get rid of that old couch for a new and better built one. Lastly, and for the purpose of this post, purchase a good textbook stand, a book holder for bed, or a hands-free book holder to help make reading easier on your body while challenging your brain.
Best Book Stand
Bamboo Book Stand
5 used from $13.19
- Made of high quality bamboo,Stable and rugged.
- The spring design allows the use of very thick books.
- When not in use, it can be folded up for easy carrying.
- Designed for music scores, recipes, and cooking and reading.
- Multi angle standing: 5 different styles, suitable for any position.
Made from high-quality bamboo, this multi-angle stand can hold everything from music sheets to recipe books.
- Springed pegs
- Folds for carrying
- Five standing angles
Whether you want to balance an iPad or a textbook, the sprung pegs on the book stand are strong enough to hold thicker technology appliances and/or textbooks (up to 3,300 pages).
Depending on the table or nightstand used, this book stand (11 inches x 0.4 inches x 8.5 inches) can be repositioned in five different ways—ergonomically designed to avoid neck fatigue or pain.
It’s not ideal as a book holder for reading in bed but is handy for flat surfaces. The non-slip rubber underneath the book stand doesn’t slide flat and stays in place.
- May have to lift arms repeatedly to turn pages
- Arms may be more efficient when pages are even on both sides
- Several reviewers complain that bottom screws keep loosening
When you’re done with this book stand, fold it and put it in your bookbag for safe-keeping. This book stand is great to travel to various locations and ideal for business travelers.
- EYE -LEVEL READING PROVIDES MAXIMUM COMFORT
- Promotes proper posture for better spinal health
- Supports books, catalogs, planners and more at comfortable reading angle
- Design is stylish and innovative. Satisfaction Ensured.
- Dimensions:10.5 x 3 x 7.9 inch. Material : PVC+ABS
Whether you’re reading a book, magazine, catalog or a daily planner, this book stand is handy for reading at eye level.
- Non-slip rubber (on bottom)
- No assembly required
- Holds up to 10 pounds
This portable book stand (10.5 inches x 3 inches x 7.9 inches) is 0.4 pounds, so it is pretty durable and light enough to carry for travel.
There are a potential 18 ways to adjust the book in place. As you read, move the adjustable arms forward and back in alignment to keep pages from moving.
- Maximum 2.5 inches for adjustable arms to hold a book in place
- Adjustable arms do not point down
- Does not fold down completely straight
A+ Book Stand
$25.00 in stock
1 used from $23.00
- Book Stand BS1500 - Lightweight and portable book stand easily fits in the backpack.
- Bookstand for Textbooks - Strong and sturdy - easily holds large volumes (Law or Medical Textbooks), cookbooks or Study Bible.
- Bookstand for Reading - Ergonomically designed to prevent neck fatigue or pain: features five adjustable reading positions.
- Flexible and strong page holders keep book wide open with paper clip while allowing for easy turning of the pages - Bookstand corners are protected with plastic reinforcements for added durability.
- Book Holder for Reading or Study, Tablet Holder or Cook Recipe Textbook Cookbook Stands Display
If you’re looking for a book stand that is ideal for Bible study, this book stand is for a desk (or counter) is just what you need.
- Fully assembled already
- Extra-wide front shelf
With plastic reinforcement and sharp edges wrapped in acrylic covers, this helps protect a book and its counter from damage. The hinges on the book stand (11.8 inches x 8.7 inches x 1.4 inches) are made from aged bronze and are flexible enough for you to adjust the book stand to five various reading positions. The acrylic covers may be soft enough to read while lying in bed.
- Top plastic covers may not stay in place
- Book shavings along the sides instead of solid wood
Whether you’re trying to balance a reference book (up to 3,500 pages) or a tablet, this portable book stand can do both. When you’re done, fold this lightweight book stand into your backpack and move on to your next destination.
Hala Flip Cookbook Holder Bamboo
- Securely holds and protects cookbooks, tablet devices, and loose recipes from splatter
- One finger, flip-up system is easy to use and can be adjusted to 3 viewing angles
- Large protective splatter shield 13.5" W x 8.75" H folds forward for easy page turning
- Beautiful bamboo construction adds warmth and elegance to the kitchen
- Self-contained, slim design for compact storage with other cookbooks
This sturdy bamboo design can hold books of many sizes. And for cooks who worry about potential spills while cooking, the splatter shield holds your pages in place but avoids the risks of spaghetti sauce decorating the pages.
- Three viewing angles
- Large, protective splatter shield
- Bamboo construction
While some book stands have little arms to hold the pages in place and there may be issues with the pages being too heavy or too light, this portable book stand (10 inches x 13.5 inches x 1.5 inches) is a little different.
The shield 9 inches x 12 inches) presses the pages in place to avoid potential staining (for cooking) or your nearby fan accidentally flipping the pages back and forth. To turn the page, simply flip up the shield and get back to reading from three different angles.
- Plexiglass shield is permanent
- Thicker books may have to sit in front of the shield instead
- Several book stand reviewers complained that wood either broke too easily or arrived broken
Hala, the manufacturing company, listened to the reviews. According to the posting, they noticed complaints about the shield breaking during shipping so they’ve made steps to improve this from happening. Unfortunately, Hala may have to listen to their reviewers again for better-quality wood. Luckily far more people have had success (and no breaks) with the book stand than those who did.
Reodoeer BamBoo Reading Rest
5 used from $11.02
- Made of high quality bamboo
- Stable and rugged and springed pegs allow very thick book
- Adjusted to 6 angle settings
- Conveniently folds down flat when not in use
- Holder Plate: 13.4" x 9.5" x 0.44" (L x W x T)
Whether you’re organizing photos, recipes, books or index cards, this handy bamboo book stand should do the job as needed. With six angle settings, you can position it however you see fit.
- Springed pegs
- Six angle settings
This book stand (13.4 inches x 9.5 inches x 0.44 inches) has six angle settings. With a plastic base and metal support hinges, it’s sturdy enough to stay positioned where needed.
One of the perks of evergreen perennial flowering plants (i.e., bamboo) is how easy it is to clean, specifically if used while cooking. Splashes don’t stay long with bamboo book stands such as these.
- Several reviewers complained of broken stands and loose screws (primarily while shipping)
When you’re done with the stand, just fold flat and insert it into your bag or suitcase for safe-keeping. Or, if make room on a kitchen cabinet or bookshelf to keep it handy.
Readaeer Reading Rest
- made of metal plate
- stable, rugged & light weight
- allow very thick book
- adjusted to 7 angle settings
- conveniently folds down flat when not in use
If your bookbag is already full of textbooks and you just can’t handle another load, trying a metal plate book stand such as this one is a lightweight job to keep your book(s) steady for studying time.
- Metal plate
- Seven angle settings
With seven angle settings, you can play around with which angle is ideal for which book. One of the tricks to make books stay in place is often not the arms so much as it is the angle of the book on the book stand.
Binders also work on this portable book stand. And when you’re done, just fold this binder (11.3 inches x 0.6 inches x 7.3 inches) and go about your day.
- May slide with heavier books
- Not ideal for paperback books
One common complaint about book stand “arms” (or page holders) is that some only fold forward. This metal book stand, however, had arms that go back and forth, which makes it more flexible to adjust for each book.
LEVO Hands Free Book Stand
- LEVO book holders float books in front of your line of vision while you sit, recline, or lay.
- You might like to add the LEVO Clip-on LED Light, or our eBook and Tablet Platform Kit.
- Patented cantilever design swings out over your furniture. No need for clearance under furniture.
- Adjustable height, swing, tilt, spin, fold, and roll perfectly position your book.
- We're dedicated to perfecting your reading time. That's why we now include a Limited LIFETIME WARRANTY
As much as you may want a book stand, sometimes just having the room to adjust it or place it may become a nuisance. This book stand is hands-free and just as handy while you’re leaning back on a recliner chair as it is when shifting around in your kitchen.
- Patented five-axis/cantilever design swings over furniture
- Adjustable height
- On wheels
Whether you just have too much food on your countertop and can’t find room to add a book stand or you don’t want to hold a book while reading in your living room, this is the hands-free book stand to take care of both of those issues. (The base is 13 inches x 13 inches.)
With the ability to swing, fold, spin, tilt and adjust for height (30 to 56 inches), this book stand can move as desired. The lever lock will secure this adjustment into place. You don’t even have to move furniture around to use it; all you need is enough room in front or over your immediate sitting (or cooking) area to use as needed. And when you don’t want it in front of you, roll it to the side and do whatever else is on your to-do list.
- Maximum weight for a book is 4 pounds
The LEVO Clip-On LED Light is optional to make this book stand handy during nighttime hours too when you want to use it but don’t want to wake up your roommates or family sleeping nearby. Take advantage of all of the adjustment and add-on perks. This book stand has a limited lifetime warranty.
SKLaserDesign Two Sided Rotating Book Stand Shelf
- New Improved Design! Takes up less space and additional stability keeps it from shifting or rotating on it's own.
- Easily holds two large books
- Made in the USA - Minor assembly required
- Saves desk space and neck strain
- 3.25" Shelf Depth
The idea of reading two books at once may seem a bit overzealous. It’s not. Editors and students can agree that sometimes it’s necessary to reference two books at once, and this rotating book stand is exactly why this helps.
- Rotates on a Lazy Susan base
- Birch plywood
- Can hold heavier books (ex. medical coding books)
News editors, even those in the tech world, may find this book stand especially handy. Swivel on one side for a spiral editing manual. Swivel to the other side to refer to a reference book. The book stand (13.75 inches x 16 inches x 13.5 inches) can hold books as much as 16 inches deep.
- Minor assembly required (Phillips head screwdriver not included but needed)
Finding room for one book is hard enough. Finding room for two can require constantly rearranging your desk. This book stand makes the process much easier and more convenient, as long as both books can stay in place as needed.
Dazzling Displays Clear Acrylic Book Easels
- Overall Dimensions: 4.5"W x 5.5"H x 5"D
- Material: Clear 1/8" Thick Acrylic
- Thicker and sturdier than other book stands sold on Amazon.
- Polished Edges
- Proudly made in the U.S.A.
Sometimes less is more, and maybe you don’t need a book stand with all the bells and whistles. This thick acrylic book stand can hold small and medium books, paintings, pictures, scripts, etc. Bookstore owners may find this three-pack comes in handy for window displays, too.
- Clear ⅛ inch thick acrylic
- Polished edges
Ideal for spiral notebooks and other easily flattened books, this does just what it’s intended to do: hold your book in place. This book stand (4.5 inches x 5.5 inches x 5 inches) is also pretty simple to clean.
Unlike wooden book stands that may stain or lighter plastic versions that may crack or flop, the perk of this one is that it doesn’t fold down or adjust. Normally the lack of adjustability could be seen as a flaw, but because this is heavier plastic, it may grip your book a bit better than those with multi-tilts.
- Not ideal for lightweight paperbacks
- Cannot hold the weight of most heavy textbooks
- No arms to hold books in place
This book stand comes in handy not just for how lightweight it is but that it can sit steadily on tables. Whether you’re an aspiring actor practicing your lines or a business traveler practicing your speech, this is a handy way to hold your scripts or notes on a plane seat table. Re-enact your lines and/or speech with your hands-free to move around.
Book Rest, iPad & Tablet Holder
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 5060213015593|
|Item Dimensions||Height: 1240; Length: 957; Weight: 77; Width: 839|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 800; Length: 1200; Weight: 71; Width: 1050|
|Product Type Name||HOME|
|Title||Book Rest, iPad & Tablet Holder. Ideal Book Couch Pillow/Stand for Reading in Bed. Perfect Christmas/Xmas Gift for All Ages – Red|
The upside of book stands is they are the answer to all of your problems when it comes to neck tension, back stress, and lack of room on desks and tables. The downside of bookstands is they’re usually awful to use on beds. But this book couch pillow/book stand isn’t.
- Ideal for people of all ages
- Machine washable
- Soft crystal velboa material
This plush book holder is great for the bookworm who would much rather lay in bed than sit perpendicular in front of a desk or table.
With plush arms and bottom to hold the book firmly in place, you can get comfortable with pillows and your blanket, and read away with this plush book stand (9.6 inches x 8.4 inches x 12.4 inches).
- As with pillows, beware of heat when drying and washing to prevent tears
Although like other book stands, the emphasis is on books, you can also use this book couch/book stand with an iPad, tablet, ebook, etc. There’s a 90-day, money-back guarantee so crack open your favorite book sooner rather than later to find out if this is the book stand for you.
BamBoo Book Stand - wishacc Reading Rest holder
1 used from $13.29
- Made of high quality bamboo, stable and sturdy
- Adjustable to five different angle,conveniently set the angle for keeping the correct posture so that the spine is healthy
- Multi-function bamboo bookstand, ideal for support different size and style books, Tablet, Painting Books,Cookbook, Sheet Music,Textbook, Tablature, Catalogs, etc
- Conveniently folding down flat when not in use,You can carry this light-weight and space-friendly portable stand everywhere. Fit easily in mid to large-size bags or backpacks
- Dimension:28x20.5x1cm/”11x8.1x0.39". Fit for home, school, office, library, dorm,etc
This high-quality bamboo book stand is the best if you are looking for a statement piece for your desk. It has a beautiful pattern on each side that adds style to a plain desk.
- Sturdy bamboo construction
- Adjustable to five different angles
- Multi-functional design
- Folds down flat for convenience
- Measures 28 x 20.5 x 1 cm
The bamboo book stand is designed to last long. It is made from natural wood that is well finished to ensure it lasts long despite regular use. The stand is sturdy and stable for effective use. It is designed to adjust to five different angles. With this feature, you can set the angle to ensure proper posture when working for hours.
The bamboo stand is ideal for different sizes of books. It can hold a tablet, painting books, textbooks, and catalogs. It is, therefore, suitable for use at school, office, library, dorm, etc. It is lightweight and folds down flat making it easy to carry around.
- The page holders are a little flimsy to hold pages properly
This book stand is recommended for the high-quality bamboo wood that adds a sense of style on your desk. It is super functional and comes in a portable size to carry it around conveniently.
Hanghs Desktop Document Book Holder
- Material : Steel (the holder plate) and plastic (the base and the two adjusters).
- Design: features 7 adjustable angle setting, eliminating eye strain and correct sitting posture.
- Dimensions (L*W*H): 28.5"x6.5"x18.5"cm Perfect for holding books, laptops and iPad.
- Suitable for: Great for home, office, dorm, library, or any time you need to type something.
- convenient: Making it easy to carry around and to use in anywhere, Fold quickly and store easily.
Referring to your cookbook as you prepare food can be challenging without a book stand. This one from Hangs is designed to hold books for hand-free convenience whether you are cooking or working on your computer.
- Steel and plastic construction
- Features 7 adjustable angle settings
- Measures 28.5 x 6.5 x 18.5 cm
- Ideal for home, office, or school
- Compact and lightweight
- Folds flat for easy storage
This simple book stand is the best of you are looking for a solid and stable option to hold your book in place. It is made for stability for easy use and convenience. The bookstand comes with a steel holder plate that keeps the pages in place, taking away the hassle of adjusting every time.
The base and the two adjusters are made of plastic. This contributes to its lightweight quality for easy use. On this note, the book stand is compact for portability and fold flat to pack efficiently. More to this, it adjusts easily with seven angle settings eliminating angle strain and poor posture.
- Couldn’t find any
It is one of the best book stands, especially when working on a small desk area with lots of paperwork to do.
LS Hands Free Book Stand Flexible Folding Document Holder
6 used from $35.46
- 【Wide Application】Our multi-function book stand can withstand different size and style books and tablet, such as iPad, cookbook, magazines, painting papers, documents, sheet music, tablature, catalogs, etc.
- 【Several Angle and Height Adjustable】Customize height and angle based on different needs, providing you the best comfortable reading, which will relax your neck, free your hands, protect your eyesight and develop a good sitting posture.
- 【Great Supporting】For the book holder is consisted of substantial metal base and sturdy reading frame, which can easily hold book stably.
- 【Wonderful Gift】Fit for home, school, office, dorm, kitchen, etc. It is a great gift option for your loved, especially for students, kids, friends who love reading.
- 【Excellent after-sales service】You can return it if you are not satisfied with the quality. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, and we promise to provide you with the best service.
Reading your book placed on the desk can be straining for the eye and the back too. With a high-quality book stand like this one from Love Book, you can prevent such issues and enjoy a comfortable reading experience.
- Ideal for documents, iPads, and laptops
- Customizable height and angle
- Hands-free use
- Prevents eye strain
- Useful at home, library, dorm,
This book stand comes in a design that stands out from the regular ones. It is raised from the base with a small stand to raise the height to eye level. This feature makes it useful for people that work for long hours and struggle to keep the right posture when working.
With this book stand, you can customize the height to ensure it matches your eye level. You only need to pull it up or push it down to adjust at a comfortable eye level. More to this, you can adjust the angle to ensure you maintain the right posture when working. It can help you develop a good sitting habit relieving the back and neck.
- Takes some time to put it together
The design of this book stand is best for people that work for long hours and need a steady stand to keep the documents or book at a comfortable eye level.
Adjustable Height and Angle Ergonomic Book Holder
5 used from $32.93
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: Raise reading materials to eye-level and stop slouching | Height Range: 0-21"
- ADJUSTABLE ANGLE: decrease page & screen glare. Eliminate eye strain. Panel locks in 15-degree increments
- OPEN SPACE BOTTOM: Helps de-clutter & organize desk space. Perfect place for taking notes!
- LIGHTWEIGHT: All aluminum | sturdy, durable, and portable | Collapses Flat
- PERFECT for studying, reading textbooks, cookbooks | Slips over your lap in bed to make reading more comfortable | Securely holds the largest, heaviest textbooks
Holding a heavy book or your tablet can be straining to your wrist, especially when using these for hours. But, with this book stand from Uncaged Ergonomics you can read and work comfortably on the couch, bed or desk.
- Adjustable height
- Adjustable angle
- Open space bottom
- Lightweight construction
- Ideal for textbooks, cookbooks, and novels
- Holds heavy books
This book stand comes in a flexible design that allows you to customize it to suit your needs. You can adjust the height by raising the base to eye level for comfortable reading. Also, you can adjust the angle to prevent eye strain and decrease page or screen glare.
This stand has an open space bottom to keep your workspace in order. It is lightweight and portable; thanks to the folding design.
- A little stiff to adjust the height while new
The wide application of this book stand makes it suitable for use at home, at the office, school library, etc.
Superior Essentials Portable Book/Document Stand/Holder
$24.99 in stock
- Bookstand for Eye Level Reading- Great for Books Catalogs etc.
- Fully Adjustable for reading from any Angle
- Includes LED Book-light
This book stand comes with more uses than just holding your book to read. It is useful for holding textbooks, documents, tablets, etc.
- Fully adjustable angle
- Useful for eye-level reading
- Comes with a removable LED light
- Small size for portability
The stand is an ideal choice if you are looking for a high-quality, simple stand to add on to your desk essentials. It comes in a matt black color that matches any office or home décor. The book stand has clips at the bottom that act as the holders to keep the book stable all through.
It is fully adjustable, giving you the option to choose the most comfortable reading angle. You only need to tilt it to the direction you need for convenient use. It is fitted with an LED light that comes in handy for use in low-light situations. The light is removable for convenience when packing the stand.
- Not suitable for heavy books
This book stand can help you maintain eye level when reading or working on your tab. With the right angle, this stand can help improve your posture eliminating back and neck strain.
KLOUD City Bookstand
- Great for home, office, dorm, library, etc.
- Material : Steel (the holder plate) and plastic (the base and the two adjusters).
- 7 grooves offer 7 different viewing angles.
- Brand: KLOUD City--THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE & 100% WARRANTY - With our famous 100% satisfaction guarantee, you can have peace of mind. If for any reason you're not completely happy with your purchase- if it breaks, if it's damaged in shipping, or even if you change your mind - simply let us know and we will either replace it or refund your money, your choice!.
- Perfect for holding books, laptops and iPad. Dimensions (L*W*H): 11.22"x7.25"x0.25"
The sleek design of this book stand makes it the best for any office or home desk. It is simple and comes in an easy-to-use design for everyone.
- Steel and plastic construction
- Comes with seven grooves for seven different angles
- Ideal for holding books, laptops, and tablets
- Measures 11.22 x 7.25x 0.25 inches
If you are looking for an affordable book stand to use at home, this should be one of your top considerations. It is designed to help you maintain a comfortable eye level when reading to eliminate eye strain and back pain. It can help improve your sitting posture when working for long hours.
The book stand features a steel holder plate that ensures the book is stable all the time. The base is made of plastic to ensure the stand is lightweight enough to carry around. With the seven grooves, you can adjust the angle of the book stand to suit your needs. It is, therefore, suitable for use by different people with the multi-angle design.
- Not as stable to hold big, heavy books
You can make use of this book stand for holding documents, novels, and tablets. It is suitable for use in libraries, at the office or home.
As handy as book stands are, they are more often than not best used for hardcovers, magazines, catalogs and other reading material that lay flat. Paperbacks may become a problem for no other reason than the binding isn’t broken. If paperbacks are ideal for your book stand, either break the binding or use the arms to attempt to hold the page. Whether used on a kitchen counter, table or desk, keep an eye on which book sizes (weight and height) tend to slide more than others.
Repeated sliding and slamming from books that are either too heavy or too light can scratch the surfaces that they stand on. Rubber bottoms may be better for surface balancing than hard plastic, but each book stand (and the furniture it is on) is on a case-by-case basis.
The same can be said for whether you should invest in a wooden (bamboo) stand versus a plastic stand. As with most wood, chipping or cracks can happen with regular wear and tear. However, cracks can also happen with plastic. Although wood may be more eco-friendly, hard plastic may be just as versatile and durable. Use immediately within the grace period to make sure this is the stand for you.
Best Book Stands
When it comes to choosing a book stand be sure to invest in a high quality product such as those recommended!
- Bamboo Book Stand
- BestBookStand Actto
- A+ Book Stand
- Hala Flip Cookbook Holder Bamboo
- Reodoeer BamBoo Reading Rest
- Readaeer Reading Rest
- LEVO Hands Free Book Stand
- SKLaserDesign Two Sided Rotating Book Stand Shelf
- Dazzling Displays Clear Acrylic Book Easels
- Book Rest, iPad & Tablet Holder
- BamBoo Book Stand - wishacc Reading Rest holder
- Hanghs Desktop Document Book Holder
- LS Hands Free Book Stand Flexible Folding Document Holder
- Adjustable Height and Angle Ergonomic Book Holder
- Superior Essentials Portable Book/Document Stand/Holder
- KLOUD City Bookstand