Now, dive gloves aren’t a requirement for diving.
However, there have been several instances while I have been diving where the best dive gloves have come in quite handy… no pun intended.
There are a couple of reasons why you might want to invest in gloves.
The first, of course, is diving in cold water. You’ve probably experienced this on land – your fingers and hands are some of the first body parts to get cold. Well, it’s a lot worse underwater. I also like to pull on the gloves when I know I’m going to be diving for a while. It prevents my fingers from becoming all prune-y and eventually dry.
If you are going to be diving in places with cave walls or other rough surfaces, these type of gloves can help protect you as well. Individuals with disabilities who like to dive and swim have found such gloves particularly useful.
Of course, not all gloves are created equal – so let’s take a look at the ones that are actually worth your time and money:
Best Dive Gloves
Tilos 1.5mm Amara Palm Mesh Tropical Gloves
$20.95 in stock
- HYPOALLERGENIC — All Tilos products are manufactured from 100 percent pure neoprene made from an exclusive formula called X-Foam, which is made from limestone (not petroleum) neoprene. This means it is completely petroleum-free and hypoallergenic for people with sensitive skin. This also makes X-Foam the only neoprene formula that complies with the very strict P.A.H. and REACH test requirements.
- THERMAL PROTECTION — 1.5mm thickness helps to conserve body heat in cooler waters.
- RELIABLE DURABILITY — Amara palms allows for maximum grip and endurance while protecting your hands from painful blisters, calluses and sunburns. Neoprene mesh back and lycra panel insertion keeps your hand airy and cool in hot weather.
- SUPER STRETCHY — Top of the line 4-way stretch neoprene forms to your hands while adjustable hook and loop wrist fastener guarantees a perfect fit each time.
- VERSATILE — This pair of neoprene mesh gloves is perfect for various water sports like swimming, diving, snorkeling, paddle boarding, kiteboarding, wakeboarding, kayaking, and rafting.
The reason that the Tilos 1.5 Amara Palm Mesh glove is at the top of my list is simple – quality. I absolutely love the stitching on these gloves.
This, combined with the material that the company has used makes these some heavy-duty gloves indeed. This means that they can take a great deal of scraping and scratching and won’t really show signs of tearing or damage.
The palm of the glove, as well as the thumb, have been reinforced to be able to withstand additional friction. While these gloves are tough, they also maintain a certain degree of flexibility.
The Lycra panels ensure it. The naturally curved nature of the glove does make it more comfortable to wear.
However, you can expect a certain of stiffness when your fists are unclenched.
The gloves are fastened without any fuss at all. There is a large Velcro band keeping it secure. It is easy to detach the band even with the gloves on.
The gloves are 1.5mm thick, this is just enough to keep them durable but not necessarily ideal for extreme temperatures.
While these gloves will help to keep the cold out, I don’t recommend using them in very cold waters. They will not provide you with the insulation that you will need at those temperatures.
If you will be using your hands a lot during your dives, then these certainly are the gloves for you.
- Made from Amara Palm/Neoprene, mesh, and Lycra
U.S. Divers Comfo Grip 3mm Cold Water Diving Gloves
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Constructed of 3 mm neoprene material for extra warmth
- UNIQUE DESIGN: Pre-curved design to minimize fatigue
- EASY STORAGE: Features a hook and loop closure
- RELIABLE GRIP: Rubberized palm for a secure grip when holding various diving accessories underwater
- SIZE: Small
If you are going to be diving in cold but not freezing waters, I would suggest these U.S. Divers Comfo Grip gloves.
At 3mm thickness, it provides you with just enough insulation in cooler temperatures.
I haven’t tried in really cold water so I can’t say for sure just how well they would hold up. What I like most about these gloves is that they are functional above all else.
This is because they are convenient seams where your fingers bend at the joints.
This gives you a much better range of movement while you are wearing them.
The other good thing about these gloves is that they have a texturized grip on the palms. This allows you to better grasp and hold things without letting them slip through.
These two features, combined, mean that these gloves are great if you require moving your hands around more. It is also quite helpful that the gloves are quite a tight fit which means that there is no excess material to contend with.
At the same time, it does mean that you should double-check the size of gloves that you are purchasing to ensure that they will not be too tight.
The gloves can be secured with the help of a hook and loop fastener which is actually quite easy enough to manage.
- Made with neoprene
- 3mm thickness, good for cold water
- Texturized grip on palm
Cressi High Stretch 5mm
$28.45 in stock
- Five finger gloves made from single-lined soft, high-stretch Neoprene.
- The inside is covered in Metallite to make them easy to put on.
- The entire surface is covered with a non-slip finish for a sure grip in all situations.
- The preformed shape favours the natural position of the hand, with semi-bent fingers.
- The High Stretch Gloves are designed in Italy by Cressi and made in China. Cressi has been an Italian brand pioneer in scuba diving, snorkeling, and swimming equipment since 1946.
If you are headed to colder waters, then the Cressi High Stretch diving gloves are going to be a better choice for you.
The gloves are available in thicknesses of 2.5mm, 3.5mm, and 5mm. I’ve found the 5mm to be especially protective against colder temperatures.
The glove, in its entirety, is made from neoprene. As such, it is quite well suited to be used in a diving situation. It also means that that the gloves are quite stretchable while at the same time conforming to your own hand size equally well.
Personally, I find these gloves to be quite comfortable, especially when I need to have them on for long periods of time.
Something else that is commendable about these gloves is the stitching. Or rather, the fact that all of the joined areas have been doubly strengthened with both stitching as well as glue.
What puts these gloves over the top is the anti-slip grip all over them.
This will help you to handle small objects and work on things even when you are underwater.
Therefore, if you need to hold onto something while you are diving, I would suggest these gloves. Now, these gloves do not come with a Velcro band and I would advise keeping them away from Velcro as they have been known to snag.
This does make the process of putting them on and taking them off slightly more cumbersome. You do get used to it soon enough, however.
- Made from neoprene
- 5mm thickness, good for cold weather
- Stitching and glue
Neo-Sport 3MM & 5MM Premium Neoprene Five Finger Wetsuit Gloves
- Constructed from soft and flexible premium neoprene material.
- Easy-flexing gloves deliver abrasion and thermal protection without sacrificing dexterity.
- Glued and sewn seams ensure water integrity.
- Gator elastic closure fits easily over wetsuit sleeves for secure and streamlined seal. This can easily be cut off if not required.
- High-grip textured palm with cyclone design helps provide secure grip on a variety of surfaces.
The NeoSport Wetsuits Premium gloves offer up the best of both worlds – durability as well as insulation.
The insulation portion of the gloves is due to the fact that they are 5mm thick.
This is more than enough to keep you warm in the chillier waters. The fact that the gloves are made from neoprene only adds to this insulating effect.
I also like the added comfort provided by the gloves. At the same time, NeoSport has taken steps to ensure that the gloves remain durable nonetheless.
Perhaps the most notable of these features is the fact that it has used glue as well as stitching for the seams.
Despite this, you can be quite certain that you are still afforded a degree of flexibility with these gloves on.
I would actually vouch for these gloves for people who either are into more active watersports or tend to photograph or video underwater. This is due to the textured grip on the palm and the fingers of the glove. This makes holding onto objects a great deal easier as there is some friction created.
Speaking of friction, the gloves are secured with the help of a Velcro band. I would say that these are good gloves for either beginner divers or those who are not used to wearing dive gloves.
The comfort and the functionality of the pair balance each other out perfectly. It is important to remember that these gloves fit quite tightly – so you need to be careful about the sizes that you get.
- Created from neoprene
- Textured grip
- Stitches and glue seam
Darkfin Power Gloves
- IMAGINE IMPROVING YOUR PADDLE SPEED - dive gloves are made with 3-D web profile, which compared to your bare hand for propulsion, increases surface area by 70 percent. Much more power and speed in the water
- HANDLE OBJECTS EASILY - ultra-thin, 0.9 mm or 1/28 inch Second Skin scuba diving gloves give finger dexterity to pick small objects, to press small buttons on a camera underwater or to adjust diving gear
- STAY LONGER IN THE WATER WITH WETSUIT GLOVES - this extra layer on your hands helps to keep them warmer, so you can enjoy catching waves or diving for longer
- USE SILICONE SPRAY OR GET GLOVES WET - we recommend spraying a small amount of silicone lubricant spray on your hands and spread with a rubbing motion. Or get into the water, fill the water gloves with water and put your hands in, then take the diving gloves above the water and squeegee down. To remove, just blow into the edge by your wrist and inflate them like a balloon. They pop right off
- GET THE RIGHT SIZE - To determine the best size measure your hand from the tip of your middle finger to the crease in your wrist closest to your palm for the length and then measure from the base of your thumb diagonally across to the other side of your hand for the width. Use these measurements with the Darkfin Hand Size Chart found in the third photo from the top. Locate the size boxes both in inches and centimeters, displayed at the bottom right corner of the photo to find your correct size
For those who are experiencing some form of disability with their legs or just can’t muster up enough power for their kicks, these are the gloves for you.
The Darkfin Webbed Power gloves aren’t like most other dive gloves – they sure don’t look like them, at the very least.
This is due to the webbing that can be found between the thumb as well as each of the fingers.
The purpose of this is to increase the surface area of your hand by up to 70 percent. In case, you are wondering why this is helpful, it’s simple.
Greater surface area means more paddling power. Therefore, just by using your hands, you are going to find it easier to propel yourself forward with these gloves.[/su_column] [/su_row]
In addition to being lightweight, these gloves are also quite thin.
This is so that they can mold to each of your fingers, your palm, and even your wrist perfectly. It is due to this that you should be quite careful about the size of the gloves that you buy – they need to fit extremely well to work properly.
Luckily, there are a lot of sizes to choose from. Despite what it may look like, once the gloves are wet, they actually offer up a pretty decent grip.
These can be used for much more than just swimming or diving, kayakers and surfers have found them equally helpful.
While useful, you should remember that these gloves do have limited durability. Therefore, you will either need to minimize the number of times you use them or be careful about your activities.
- Contoured shape
- Webbing increases hand surface area
- Increases paddling power
- Good wet grip
Cressi Ultraspan Camo
- The soft and flexible elastic fabric gives complete movement of the fingers during use. The thickness of the 2.5 mm fabric ensures warm hands.
- Camouflage effect cover in Cressi's Tecnica pattern.
- Anti-slip dots on fingers give these gloves a secure grip.
- Suitable for activities such as scuba diving and spearfishing.
- The Ultraspan gloves are designed in Italy by Cressi and made in Cambodia. Cressi is a brand pioneer in Spearfishing, Freediving and Scuba Diving equipment since 1946.
My favorite part about the Cressi Ultraspan gloves is the comfort and the softness once you put them on.
This, of course, is due to the elastic neoprene.
Pulling them on is a bit of a chore because there is no Velcro clasp.
Once they are on, however, your hands couldn’t be happier.
What is surprising about such comfortable gloves is that they actually have a considerable amount of toughness. This is added to the fact that the gloves are about 2.5mm thick.
You certainly will not have to be worried about getting cut if you are to handle any surface or object that may be rough or spiky.
Speaking of handling, the underside of the gloves – the fingers and the palm – are actually made from an anti-slip material.
This means that you can wear gloves while working with items even when you are underwater. I also appreciate how much flexibility the gloves afford me.
Unlike many other dive gloves, I find it quite easy to clench and flex my fingers.
Now, these are just 2.5mm so I wouldn’t recommend that you use them for really cold water as they won’t be nearly insulating enough. However, as long as the temperature remains above 16°C, you will not really feel uncomfortable.
Also, unlike many other types of dive gloves, you get a cool camo look as well.
The stitching on these gloves appears to be quite solid as well.
- Made from neoprene
- 5mm thickness
- Abrasion-free and grip features
Mares Flexa Classic Scuba Dive Gloves
$23.63 in stock
- PADI Master Scuba Diving Instructor Owned and Operated.
- This Product Comes Complete With A Full Manufacturer Warranty.
Choosing the right pair of gloves for your diving session can be challenging especially for beginners. The idea is to consider the material of the gloves, the stitching, and the fitting quality. These factors will guide you through selecting a pair that will work for your specific needs.
These Mares Classic Flexa Gloves are designed for the regular diver than needs a handy pair for extreme diving sessions. The gloves come in a quality material that is comfortable to wear all day. These gloves are made using a Neoprene lining that contributes to the warmth. The neoprene layer is double for improved durability and warmth.
On this note, the gloves can work well for extreme temperatures. Additionally, they have a thickness of 3mm which is considered suitable for adequate warmth in freezing temperatures. With this pair, you do not have to worry about numb fingers underwater.
One of the features that stand out with this pair of gloves is the grip. The gloves have rubber prints on the palm side to enhance the overall grip. The tiny prints prevent slipping off when you hold on to something for support. Also, the increased grip ensures you can safely carry items in your hands as you dive.
If you are stuck at finding the right size of dive gloves, you might want to consider this pair. This pair comes in a variety of sizes to give you a wide range for you to find the perfect fit. Starting from xx-small to the biggest size xx-large, you will most definitely find the right pair. The gloves come in a black pair which will most likely match the rest of the gear.
- Double neoprene lining
- 3mm thickness
- Rubber prints for grip
- Variety of sizes
Micosuza Neoprene 1.5mm Five Finger Dive Gloves
- Made of 1.5mm thick highly stretch neoprene; Comfortable Flatstitch Construction gives you a soft and comfortable fit
- Excellent stretch and recovery fabrics, form-fitting design reduces drag in water provides you a free movement without restriction
- Premium lightweight neoprene with more air cells prevents water from coming in and out; increase warmth and decrease weight
- Specifically designed for water fitness and aqua aerobics, great for any watersports provides UV protection and defense against sea lice, jellies and other biological irritants
- 100% satisfaction guarantee! Customers' satisfaction is our NO.1 priority! For water lovers Micosuza is your Never Regret Purchase!
It is essential to consider some factors when buying dive gloves. Some of the most important factors have to be the fit, quality of material and the thickness. The Dive & Sail dive gloves are designed with these factors in mind to provide you with the best quality and durability.
The gloves come in a premium quality neoprene material which is considered suitable for dive gloves. The material is warm and creates a comfortable feel inside the gloves. On this note, the gloves work as a great addition to any diver’s gear. They are ideal for scuba diving, snorkeling, canoeing, kayaking, swimming, etc.
This pair of dive gloves has a 1.5 mm thick material. This thickness is ideal for people that need regular diving gloves in temperate conditions. However, this pair might not work well in extremely cold water conditions to keep you warm all through. Therefore, you can trust this for the warmer climates and regular swimming sessions but not deep-sea dives.
The quality of the gloves is outstanding and guarantees durability with the right use. They have glued bling stitched seams that enhance strength, comfort, and durability. With this pair, you can be sure the gloves will not come off as you enjoy the water environment. Additionally, with the adjustable Velcro wrist band, you can enhance the quality of your fit.
The gloves come in small, medium and large sizes so you can select one that fits the best. They come in different high-visibility colors that you can choose to suit your preference. These are a combination of black with pink, yellow or blue.
- 5 mm thickness
- Premium neoprene material
- Adjustable Velcro strap
- Available in three sizes
OMGear Neoprene Gloves Diving Wetsuit Gloves 3mm
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 0721352991920|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 157; Length: 984; Weight: 29; Width: 866|
|Product Type Name||OUTDOOR_RECREATION_PRODUCT|
|Title||OMGear Neoprene Gloves Diving Wetsuit Gloves 3mm Glued Anti-Slip Flexible Thermal with Adjustable Waist Strap for Snorkeling Scuba Diving Surfing Kayaking Rafting Spearfishing Sailing (3mm camo2, M)|
|UPC List||UPC List Element: 721352991920|
The OMGear Diving Gloves are designed to provide you with quality, comfort, and durability. The gloves come with skin-friendly 3mm premium neoprene material for quality. The material has a 4-way stretch to it to ensure you are comfortable all through. This design enhances the fit and improves the comfort of the fingers.
This stretch is achieved by the use of a nylon laminate which also enhances durability. The material prevents your hands from cuts and scratches while protecting you against freezing water. The design features an adjustable Velcro strap which helps to secure the gloves tightly while providing a better fit for comfort.
The gloves are suitable for a variety of water activities; thanks to the sturdy construction. They feature a rubber printing on the palms which ensure you never lose your grip while snorkeling, surfing, swimming or scuba diving. The rubber print is of high quality and does not fade away after years of using the gloves.
If you are looking for a pair of gloves that can take you through deep cold water diving, then you can consider this set. It has glued and sewn stitched hems that ensure ultimate protection against cold water access into the gloves. Also, the Velcro strap on the wrist minimizes the amount of water entering to keep your hands warm and cozy all through.
An additional bonus feature of these gloves is the ergonomic unisex fit. The gloves are pre-formed on natural hands to ensure the right positioning of the material for comfort. This design ensures the fingers fit correctly and still leave enough room for free movement of the fingers with the gloves on. That means the gloves are well-fitting but not too tight to feel the strain.
- 3mm thickness
- Premium neoprene material
- Velcro wrist strap
- Anti-slip rubber print
- Ergonomic fit
Seavenger Abyss Dive Gloves
- THERMAL PROTECTION – 1.5mm thickness helps to conserve body heat in cooler waters.
- DURABLE DESIGN – A reinforced palm and thumb ensure you’re ready for the toughest of challenges.
- EASY GRIP – Amara leather palms allows for maximum grip and endurance.
- SUPER FLEXIBLE – 1.5mm Neoprene mesh back and Lycra panel insertion make for ultimate flexibility.
- PERFECT FIT – Adjustable wrist band and sizes XXS-XXL available, refer to Seavenger Size Chart.
If the type of diving gloves you choose does not fit well, you are most likely to face challenges using them. One, you can expect that they will ley it excess water which can be uncomfortable if you are using them for hours. You can solve such a problem by getting the right size for your hands.
These Seavenger Abyss gloves come in a variety of sizes from an xx-small to an xx-large, so you have a wide range to select the perfect fit. Each of the dimensions matches the wrist size with the finger lengths to ensure both parts fit as expected.
The gloves have a 1.5 mm thickness which helps to conserve body heat in cold water. Although this might not work well during freezing temperatures, they are an excellent choice for everyday swimming and light diving when the temperatures are warm.
The pair has a durable design to ensure you get the most out of the gloves for an extended period. More to this, the design features a reinforced palm and thumb to give the gloves that extra strength and durability. Also, the design allows you to handle the toughest of challenges underwater. The gloves have adjustable wrist bands to secure them even better for long hours of fun underwater.
For a comfortable and secure grip, the gloves feature Amara leather palms which allow maximum grip and endurance when holding on to something. With these gloves, you can be sure you will not lose your grip regardless of the conditions. The neoprene mesh-back and the Lycra insertion bring about the flexibility of the gloves for smooth movement of the fingers.
- 5mm thickness
- Durable neoprene and Lycra insert
- Adjustable wrist band
- Amara leather palms
Lobster Gloves for Diving
- Made With Kevlar Fiber Material Reference the size chart in the photos.Unlike nylon, leather and high-performance polyethylene gloves, which are often used to make sport diving gloves, Kevlar fiber is both incredibly cut-resistant and durable. The material is also inherently flame-resistant, so they won't burn or melt; making our fishing gloves an optimal choice for those who encounter cuts, abrasions, or heat while on the job or for sport.
- All Around Protection Our D-Vein Gloves for Lobstering are designed to keep your hands safe throughout the lobster diving experience. Aside from the Kevlar material, the palms have a non-slip grip, so you don’t have to worry about your catch-of-the-day wiggling away or accidentally cutting yourself while deveining or filleting. The topside of our gloves is coated in rubber armor that protects your skin from sharp objects like reef and rocks and the elastic cuffs mold perfectly to your wrist.
- Easy To Use Many scuba glove products are difficult to use due to their stiff and bulky composition. Gloves that aren’t pliable for a firm grasp can make lobstering or fishing a nuisance. With the D’Vein Lobster Gloves, you will immediately notice how exceptionally soft and flexible they are on the inside, so you can freely use your fingers without any resistance from the glove. The material is sturdy, yet thin and comfortable so you won’t feel like you are wearing bulky, awkward gloves.
- Made For More Than Lobstering While we pride ourselves on being a quality product designed for lobster diving, we also aimed to make a versatile glove for multiple water sports and activities. Because our product is waterproof and resilient with a firm grip and flexible fingers, you can utilize them for many water-related activities. Use these gloves for spearfishing, scuba diving, snorkeling, filleting, or swimming around the reef. They are so light, you’ll forget you have them on.
- Easy To Wash And Dries Quickly If you are out on the water a lot, these are perfect for you. Salty water, combined with the scent of fish and blood, make for an unpleasant smelling glove by the end of the day. Luckily, our product can be thrown right in the washing machine without worrying about ruining their integrity. Leave them out to air dry overnight and you’ll find that they are good to go the next day. Our gloves are so versatile and convenient, you’ll never want to wear any other kind.
The Lobster Gloves are made using Kevlar fiber material which is known for its high-performance quality for diving use. Unlike leather and nylon gloves, these are cut-resistant and incredibly durable regardless of the conditions of use. The material is also flame-resistant, so it does not melt or burn when the temperatures hit high.
The D-vein gloves are designed to keep your hands safe all through. The palms come with a non-slip grip which ensures you have a great and comfortable hold when out and about. The top side of the gloves is coated in rubber armor which protects the skin from sharp objects like rocks or reef. The elastic cuffs mold to your wrist perfectly for a comfortable fit.
It is agreeable that some gloves can be stiff and difficult to use underwater. This pair has a soft finish to it and highly flexible to allow natural movement of your fingers. On this note, the material is thin yet sturdy taking away the bulk while providing a comfortable fit all together. With these gloves, you will not feel the strain on the wrist or fingers.
The gloves are made for a variety of water activities. They boast of high-quality construction and strength to withstand the harsh water conditions in different locations. This feature makes them ideal for scuba diving, snorkeling, spearfishing, swimming, filleting, etc. Again, with the lightweight construction, you can use them for just about anything underwater.
The aftercare of these gloves is easy. They wash well and dry quickly for your next diving session. After washing, the gloves do not hold the unpleasant smell of fish or blood. More to this, you can clean the gloves in the washing machine without compromising the quality.
- Kevlar fiber material
- Non-slip grip
- Rubber coating
- Waterproof and flexible
- Available in four sizes
BPS 3mm Neoprene Diving Gloves
- THE COMPANY - Helping everyone to ‘get out and do’ is the reason Barrel Point Surf exists. Created by a Kiwi surfer and caring Dad who loves helping others get out onto and into the water, we’re a Mom & Pop business that began with us building surfboards in our garage. Now we are all about helping make water sports accessible, wherever you are in the world. Say yes to barrels, not barriers.
- THE PRODUCT – Protect your hands and grab a pair of our BPS Wetsuit Gloves now! Constructed with double-lined Neoprene, glued and stitched seams, rubberized palm grip pattern, and an adjustable wrist strap to guarantee comfort, warmth, and protection. These are made durable to use while on any water activity and comes available in 3mm and 5mm in various colors and sizes.
- MORE ABOUT THE PRODUCT – Each pair makes your hands move freely while reducing hand fatigue. Designed with a grip textured palm that will help you handle slippery surfaces for your safety. The adjustable wrist strap minimizes water getting in while ensuring an excellent fit (so they do not feel like they will come off). The Neoprene fabric used in these gloves is made tough that will last longer than others.
- HERE TO HELP – We offer sizes from Extra Small to Double-Extra Large, and all you need to do is check our size chart to see which size suits you (measurements are also provided in the chart). Once you’ve purchased, we will send you an E-guide to help you further with your gloves and as well as how to look after them. Take note that we’re just an email away for any questions or concerns you may have.
- GUARANTEE – All ‘Barrel Point Surf’ products are covered with our ‘Next-Level Guarantee’ for 12 months. Should you encounter any problems or if you aren’t satisfied with this item, we’ll have it replaced or refunded- your choice! This product is also stored and shipped (quickly and reliably) to you by Amazon in the US. Thanks for supporting our small family business! We know our products, use our products, and stand behind them 100%.
The BPS Wetsuit Gloves are designed with 3mm or 5mm double lined neoprene. This material enhances the warmth of the gloves making them useful in extremely cold water conditions. The gloves have glued and stitched hems which ensure they last in the right state for a long time.
More on the quality, these gloves have a rubber print pattern on the palm-size for enhanced grip. Also, they feature an adjustable wrist strap to increase comfort, improve the warmth and ensure protection. With the wide variety of sizes available, you can choose the right pair for a perfect fit. Together with the wrist strap, you are sure the gloves will remain in place all through.
These gloves allow you to move your hands freely without feeling the strain on your fingers. Since they are glued and stitched, they last a long time, and you can be sure they will not come apart. This quality makes them ideal for scuba diving, swimming, snorkeling, surfing, kayaking, etc.
When swimming, water can quickly get into the gloves and ultimately affect the quality over time. With these gloves, you can be sure of lasting quality since the wrist strap provides a tight fit for minimizing the amount of water that goes into the gloves. On this note, the size you choose matters the most; you need a pair that fits well and is comfortable for a great experience using your pair.
If you love to choose style on diving gear, then you can select from the full range of styles of these gloves. They come in a plain black color, floral prints, black and other colors combinations, and Camo prints. Whatever your style is, you will most definitely get a suitable pair for you and your family.
- Available in 3mm and 5mm thickness
- Variety of sizes
- Double neoprene material
- Rubber pattern for grip
How To Choose The Best Dive Gloves
Dive gloves aren’t something that many people consider a vital part of their diving gear. Therefore, if you do need to purchase a pair, it is easy to get confused with all of the options available to you.
Here is a short guide to help you distinguish the good from the bad and to help you determine just what you need:
The first thing you should look at is the material with which the gloves are made of. There is often a wide variety of materials used for this purpose. It can range from rubber to neoprene. Neoprene does tend to have an edge over the competition, however. This is for a couple of reasons. First, as it is made from the same material as wetsuits, it holds up well under oceanic conditions. It is also quite comfortable, which does count for a lot on long dives. Last but not least, in addition to its insulation properties, the neoprene does add a considerable amount of protection.
You should be aware that rarely are the gloves only made of neoprene. In many instances, they are reinforced with other materials. This could be Amara or even Kevlar. The purpose of this is to make the gloves that much harder, especially if you will be handling lobsters, sea urchins, or will be scraping up against cave walls. These materials also help to add grip to the palm of the gloves so that it is easier to hold and manipulate equipment underwater.
You get to decide which material is best suited to your diving conditions. One thing that you should keep in mind, nonetheless, is flexibility. Make sure that you are able to comfortably move around your fingers, regardless of the material that has been used.
One of the main motives for wearing dive gloves, of course, is to make sure that your fingers and hands are kept warm. As you well know, not all waters are the same temperature. They can range from mild to cool, to downright cold. One way to combat the cold would be with dry gloves. These gloves are equipped with a specific type of wrist straps to make sure that no water enters the gloves. This way, your hands are kept warm.
The more common way to stave off the cold, however, is by choosing gloves of varying thickness. In most instances, you can expect gloves to be anywhere from 1mm in thickness to about 7mm. If you will be swimming in milder waters, you will probably not require anything thicker than 1mm. This does depend on your reaction to the surrounding water temperature as well. If the water is colder, you may require something between 3mm to 5mm. In truly cold conditions, gloves with a thickness upwards of 5mm are often your best option.
It is quite important that the gloves that you buy fit you like, well… a glove. Wearing gloves that are either too tight or too loose comes with its own set of complications. Gloves that are too loose may result in them falling off while you are swimming. Not to mention that it will allow water to rush into them and make them quite heavy and cold. If there is an excess of material with the gloves, you will also find it difficult to hold or adjust your equipment underwater.
Gloves that are overly tight will just be downright uncomfortable. Also, you don’t want to put yourself at risk of cutting off circulation. This is why you need to find a happy balance and get the right size for you.
While you may not give much thought to it, the fastener features of your dive gloves are actually quite significant. They will determine just how easy it is to put on and take off your gloves. What you need to keep in mind is that you may have to often do this with at least one glove already on your hand. Therefore, these fasteners need to be secure but also must be easy to use.
There are typically three types of glove fasteners. The more widespread one is the wrist strap. Here you simply wrap the strap around your wrist and press it down on a patch of Velcro. This happens to be my favorite type of fastener as it is easy to remove and put on, especially when I have my gloves on.
Then you have the gloves that use zips down the side. To loosen the glove you simply pull the zip up and then pull it down to secure the glove over your hand. These are quite useful as well.
Last but not least are the gloves that don’t have any fasteners at all. You simply pull these down over your hands and tuck them into your wetsuit. It is important that these types of gloves fit extremely well to prevent water from flowing in. Personally, I am not overly fond of these as require a good deal of tugging to either pull them on or off.
You can now either choose a pair of dive gloves from the options presented above or go shopping on your own.
This guide will make sure that you find the pair that is best for you.
Best Dive Gloves
Read through our detailed reviews before choosing the best dive gloves for your needs!
- Tilos 1.5mm Amara Palm Mesh Tropical Gloves
- U.S. Divers Comfo Grip 3mm Cold Water Diving Gloves
- Cressi High Stretch 5mm
- Neo-Sport 3MM & 5MM Premium Neoprene Five Finger Wetsuit Gloves
- Darkfin Power Gloves
- Cressi Ultraspan Camo
- Mares Flexa Classic Scuba Dive Gloves
- Micosuza Neoprene 1.5mm Five Finger Dive Gloves
- OMGear Neoprene Gloves Diving Wetsuit Gloves 3mm
- Seavenger Abyss Dive Gloves
- Lobster Gloves for Diving