The idea of purchasing a dog silencer may initially seem like a bizarre concept. Who wants a dog who doesn’t bark? Isn’t part of the reason to even get a dog so you’ll have a four-legged protector who can be seen and heard?
Not everyone agrees with this sentiment though. According to New York Times, while power tools and machinery can wake people up as early as 8 a.m. and as late as 9 p.m. (weekdays and holidays included), barking dogs fall under “unnecessary noise regulations.”
In certain towns, a barking dog can fall under the category of a noise or nuisance laws. And depending on how overly aggressive the dog is, these kinds of fines and police complaints can be costly. This is one of many reasons why finding the best dog barking silencers may be necessary.
Best Dog Silencer
POP VIEW Bark Collar
- ✅HUMANELY SILENCE your dog's annoying barking without painful, anxiety-causing shocks. Dog bark Intelligent No Bark Dog Collar uses painless sound and vibration stimuli to deter unwanted, annoying barking.
- ✅No shock unit detects movement of your dog's vocal chords. It then emits audible warning beeps that are followed by vibrations if the barking continues. Your dog will quickly and easily associate these with his barking.
- ✅Universal size is adjustable for your dog's neck. Suitable for all breeds and sizes, This anti bark collar can be worn indoors and outdoors for training consistency.
- ✅All-weather nylon web collar is impervious to rain, snow and temperatures up to 450 F degrees. Dual-retention plastic buckle requires 2 points of pressure to unlock, ensuring that the collar remains on your dog.
- ✅30 DAY MONEY BACK ensures your satisfaction. If our no-shock dog barking collar doesn't restore peace to your home, return it for a 100% refund of your purchase price. If your dog is very stubborn, the vibration mode is not strong enough for your dog. You can try the shock bark collar.
The Pop View bark collar humanely silences your dog’s barking without the ugly side. There is no painful shock, causing your dog anxiety.
- Nylon webbing
- For small-to-medium-sized dogs
- Dual-retention plastic buckle for dual unlock capabilities
- 7 progressive correction levels used in a series of audible sounds and vibrations
- 2 sets of prongs to fit various puppy and adult-sized dogs
- Battery included
Instead, this bark collar uses a painless sound and vibration to distract your dog from barking by detecting movement from your dog’s vocal chords.
This anti bark device is suitable for dogs who weigh 11 to 110 pounds and have neck sizes up to 21 inches.
- Webbing is weather resistant (rain, snow and extremely hot weather)
- Lightweight control unit
- Can be worn indoors and outdoors
- Doesn’t easily unlock while dog is roughhousing
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Rounded edges prevent chafing
- Not irritable to a dog’s skin or fur
- Vibration mode may not be strong enough for all dog breeds/personalities
Every dog has his or her own personality and levels of aggression may vary. The Pop View dog barking deterrent may not do miracle work on each dog, but it’s certainly worth a shot to see how the device can bring you peace with your neighbors.
Zelers New Model Outdoor Anti Barking Device
- Upgraded tech stop excessive, noisy dog barking by emitting an ultrasonic sound to silence the dog. More effective than old version deterrents and waterproof.
- 100% safe -- trusted by Dog trainer & veterinarians. No electric shock, no liquid propellant is used, and most humane and used widely way to keep your own dog or your neighbors dog from barking.
- For dogs of any size - uses high-frequency sound that works to reduce excessive bark of dogs within hearing range; for dogs 6 months and older up to 50 foot range.
- Two LED battery status indicator, four adjustable Ultrasonic volume levels?- test, low range, Medium range, and high Range.. Age range description: Adolescent
- Easy to use. Tested and trusted.
The Zelers Anti Bark Device may be the best bark control technology to let your dog know “two can play that game.”
- 2 LED battery status indicator
- 4 adjustable ultrasonic volume levels
- Noise rangers in low, medium and high
Instead of using shocking products, this one just competes with your dog to see who can be louder, with the help of an ultrasonic sound to silence your dog. When the internal microphone hears barking, the noise automatically projects. Your dog may be so stunned by the device that he shuts down.
This stop dog barking device is intended for dogs ages 6 months and older. While this dog barking silencer may make other dogs irritated by the noise, playing with the range of the noise device can be a happy medium for all involved.
- Trusted by dog trainers and veterinarians
- No electric shock
- No liquid propellant
- Can be heard from a 50-foot range
- May be irritable to other dogs in surrounding areas, even those who are not barking
- 9 volt battery not included
Neighbors who are concerned about their own dogs hearing the ultrasound may be more willing to deal with your dog barking if it affects their dogs, but the noise rangers (low, medium and high) could help add peace and calm to the whole block.
First Alert Bark Genie Handheld Bark Control Device
$14.99 in stock
- Helps stop unwanted barking at home and on the go
- Uses safe ultrasonic sound waves that only dogs can hear
- Effective up to 15-ft away
- Works on all breeds
- Operates on 4 AAA batteries (not included)
This hand-held dog silencer takes the guessing out of whether it’s being used automatically. By pressing the power button on the device, a dog will instantly hear the ultrasound noise. Ideally it will distract the dog from any bad behavior and/or barking.
- Operates with 4 AA batteries (included)
Dog barking silencers don’t just have to be used to deter barking. They can also be used as a training tool to avoid your dog going through garbage, jumping on you as well as strangers, stealing food, chewing on shoes, etc.
Use this activation button in collaboration with other verbal training tools such as “no,” “down” and “stop” to ensure if one doesn’t work, the other technique will.
- Ultrasonic sound that only dogs can hear
- Effective as far as 15 feet away
- Can work on all breeds
- Adjustable wrist strap
- Carefully developed and tested with professional dog trainers
- Weighs less than a pound
- Batteries not included
- Noise is fairly short
For dog owners with multiple dogs, the hand-held dog silencer may be an easier way to train them all at once.
KCSC Bark Control Device
$39.90 out of stock
- 【NEW TECH】: Stop excessive, noisy dog barking by emitting an ultrasonic sound to silence the dog. More effective than old version deterrents and waterproof.
- 【HIGHLY FUNCTION】: Contain sensitive microphone isolates and picks up barking up to 50 feet away to stop barking both outdoors and indoors (recommended starting mode for indoors is level 1, increase if needed). NOTE: Does not work on deaf or hearing impaired dogs.
- 【SUPER CUTE DESIGN】: The New Bark Controller come with a well-designed mini shape. Designed for easy hanging/mounting on a tree, wall or fence post to stop any dogs barking (within range).
- 【HUMAN & PETS SAFE】: 100% SAFE. Safe to your dogs of any size, other pets, plants, and of course yourself and your loved ones.
- 【SATISFACTION GUARANTEED】: You are protected by our money back guarantee, please give up to two-weeks try. If our product does not work for you, please contact us for a FULL refund.
There’s no mistaking what the KCSC noise device is used for, with its shape replication as a small dog house. The microphone can pick up barking as far as 50 feet away both indoors and outdoors. It can also be mounted to various items, including trees and fence posts.
- Ultrasonic sound
- Sensitive microphone
This device is highly recommended to test out at home first to see how your dog reacts to it. At level one, barking can be detected at 15 feet. At level 2, barking can be detected at 30 feet. At level 3, barking can be detected as far at 50 feet.
- Works indoor and outdoor
- Can hang on heavier textures (ex. trees and fences) as well as inside walls
- Safe for dogs of any size
- The noise speed may vary by dog
- Battery not included
- Deaf or hearing-impaired dogs may not detect it
Test out over a two-week process (minimum) to see how the KCSC bark control device may be most compatible with controlling your dog’s excessive barking.
RECHARGEABLE Anti Barking Device
- ✅A revolutionary Anti Barking Gadget for Your Home & Yard Keeps your home and yard bark-free. Scientific studies show that dogs react to audio frequencies that humans are indifferent to. Trains neighbor's dog to stop barking over the fence in your yard. Repeller trains your dog to stop barking indoors. This unique bark silencer trains your dog to stop barking when you are working outdoors. Also repels neighbor's dog to stop barking when you are working in your yard with built-in bark sensors.
- ✅ How It Works Built-in sensors detect excessive barking in your home or yard, and automatically emit ultrasonic sound waves only dogs can hear. This ultrasonic wave frequency, signals dogs to stop the excessive barking. Bark stopper is weatherproof and durable for outdoor as well as indoor use. When the built-in bark sensors are triggered by barking, QuietHome emits ultrasonic sound waves only dogs can hear. This is a completely safe and humane, no-shock training, as opposed to dog collar.
- ✅ RECHARGEABLE. No Battery Needed!Don’t waste money on disposable batteries! The QuietHome has a powerful rechargeable Lithium battery. It can be placed inside the house, or at the entrance to the yard. It is best to charge the battery every 3 or 4 days. This is also good for the environment. You can charge it while it is working. QuietHome has a powerful lithium battery 2x1200mAh / 7.4V / 18650.
- ✅ Completely safe and humane way to train dogs to stop Barking The QuietHome has sound detectors calibrated to react only when a constant barking of 4 seconds has occurred. Only once a true barking scenario has been verified by the sound detectors, the QuietHome emits a 8-second-long ultrasound noise, in a pitch that humans cannot hear, but dogs do. This “send a warning” to the dog, and trains the dog to stop doing the inappropriate barking.
- ✅FOR LIMITED TIME ONLY get our portable QuietWalk anti barking device for dog walks for free Remarkable portable and light gadget you take with you on dog walks in the park, to deter other dogs from attacking you or your dog, and to train your dog to stop unnecessary excessive barking. Comes with an easy-to-carry strap, LED flashlight and can serve as a keychain. This 3 in 1 anti barking gadget emits ultrasonic sound waves only dogs can hear, it is pet safe and better than collar shock device.
Sometimes the dog that may need to be silence isn’t yours. It could be that the neighbor’s dog is disturbing you from your own work that needs to be done. Maybe you work on cars in your garage or build things in the backyard. The Rechargable device will make your work-from-home jobs a little more peaceful.
- Built-in sensors that detect excessive barking
- Ultrasonic sound waves that only dogs can hear
- Durable for both
While other dog barking silencers require rechargeable batteries, this one may last for a longer period of time. It uses a rechargeable Lithium battery that is eco-friendly. In addition to the device, there’s also a portable QuietWalk anti barking device for dog owners to use while walking their own dogs.
- Durable for both indoor and outdoor use
- Humane, no-shock training
- Eco-friendly battery (2x1200mAh / 7.4 V / 18650)
- Lightweight, wrist strap dog-walking device
- Takes four seconds of constant barking to start
Although dogs may bark for a short period of time, this silencer gives them a four-second leeway of constant barking before the ultrasound emits.
Dog Dazer II Ultrasonic Dog Deterrent
- Handheld dog deterrent device
- Uses the latest in ultrasonic technology
- Harmless to pets
- Works up to twenty feet
- Low battery indicator and belt clip
While dog barking silencers come in all shapes and sizes, this one is one of the most convenient to carry and use. Similar to a mobile phone, the Dog Dazer can be clipped to your belt, which makes for easier dog walking and less uncomfortable run-ins with strangers.
- Works up to 20 feet away
- Low-battery indicator
- High-impact plastic
- 9V Energizer battery
In addition to dog owners, this dog deterrent may be helpful for bicyclists and runners who are faced with stray dogs during their daily workouts. Dog owners who also may not be able to trust how responsible other dog owners are can use it to keep aggressive dogs away from their own just from a simple push on a belt clip.
- Handheld device
- Easily clips to belts
- Animals more than likely will need to be in line of sight for it to work
While dog barking silencers are intended for pups, according to dog silencer reviews, it can be used on wild animals too, including baboons.
DOGTEK Sonic Bird House Bark Control
$44.45 in stock
- 3 built-in bark sensors and 1 XL ultrasonic loudspeaker
- 4 sensitivity settings to indicate what barking level activates the unit
- Effective on most dogs within range (some dogs may not be responsive to ultrasonic correction)
- Weatherproof and durable for outdoor as well as indoor use
- Operates using 6 AA batteries (not included)
Who says dog barking silencers have to look like big alarm clocks or little remotes? The Dogtek Sonic silencer is more decorative for your backyard while still doing the same job of keeping your dog and other dogs from terrorizing the whole block.
- 3 built-in bark sensors
- 1 XL ultrasonic loudspeaker
- 4 sensitivity settings for braking volume
- Requires 6 AA batteries
When a dog’s barking is heard within 50 feet, the internal microphones sense it and the device lets off an ultrasonic sound. Users can test out three sensitivity levels and a test mode in order to make the device work in collaboration with the dog. Keeping the device in standby mode will conserve the battery for a longer period of time.
- Matches barking volume to ultrasound noise
- Durable for outdoor and indoor use
- Works up to 50 feet away
- Some dogs not responsive to this device
- Batteries not included
While the Dogtek Sonic silencer does look like a birdhouse, birds reportedly are unaffected by the device. Cats may not be comfortable near it though.
Quiet Spot Pet Tag Silencer
- Completely eliminate annoying tag noise with Quiet Spot!
- Holds up to 4 tags and keeps the information from wearing off and becoming tarnished
- Patented design features 3M Scotchlite reflective logo and is neoprene weatherproof.
- Comes in fashionable colors and is designed to be worn comfortably on your dog year-round, 24/7
- American made! Quality-forged in Denver, Colorado. Buy the best and get the best.
While remote control dog silencers come in handy for camping and outdoor walks, there’s always the chance that you may lose it. However, putting the dog barking silencer right on your dog makes that a nonexistent issue.
- Holds up to 4 tags
- Patented design
- 3M Scotchlite reflective logo for nighttime walking
- Available in various colors (black, blue, camo, green, orange, pink, purple, red)
- American made (quality forged in Denver, Colorado)
By default, your dog wearing this silencer not only makes him or her not bark but other dogs who come in contact with the dog. Attached to the rest of the tags on a dog collar, this tag’s material makes the collar less noisy and can’t easily be lost.
- Neoprene weatherproof (no wearing off or tarnishment)
- Washing machine friendly
- Installs in seconds
- No tag jiggling
- May not be ideal for those who want to hear their dog’s collar, just not the barking
This pet tag silencer not only reduces the risk of losing a remote dog silencer, but the tags are useful for making sure your dog is returned should he or she ever get lost.
Anti Barking Device
$17.99 out of stock
- ♞【NEWEST TECH】Stop excessive, noisy dog barking by emitting an ultrasonic sound to silence the dog. More effective than old version deterrents and waterproof.
- ♞【HIGHLY FUNCTION】Contain sensitive microphone isolates and picks up barking up to 50 feet away to stop barking both outdoors and indoors (recommended starting mode for indoors is level 1, increase if needed). NOTE: Does not work on deaf or hearing impaired dogs.
- ♞【SUPER CUTE MINI DESIGN】The New Bark Controller come with a well-designed mini shape. Designed for easy hanging/mounting on a tree, wall or fence post to stop any dogs barking (within range).
- ♞【HUMAN & PETS SAFE】 100% SAFE. Safe to your dogs of any size, other pets, plants, and of course yourself and your loved ones.
- ♞【SATISFACTION GUARANTEED】 Life-time warranty. If our product did not work for you, please message us and we will provide you with a refund. It is our responsibility and policy to make sure that customers are 100% satisfied whenever they choose to buy our product.
A casual visitor near your backyard or sitting in your living room won’t be able to mistake this for anything other than it is: a dog barking silencer. Some devices are shaped in other ways (ex. Birdhouses, boxes, etc.) but this bone pretty clearly confirms it’s all about the dogs.
- Ultrasonic sound range from 5 to 15 meters away
- Picks up barking as far as 50 feet away
- LED indicator confirms when device isn’t working
- Requires 9V battery
This dog barking silencer gives you the ability to test out different levels. Various level options help you reach a happy medium between completely irritating your well-behaved dog and getting the noisy dog next door to calm down. It may take a bit of trial-and-error to achieve this balance.
- Works indoors and outdoors
- Designed for easy hanging and mounting to hard surfaces (trees, walls, fence posts)
- Can raise and lower sensitivity
- Lifetime warranty
- Does not work on deaf or hearing-impaired dogs
While this may not be the “bone” your dog wants, it is the “treat” you can use to get along better with your neighbors.
ieGeek Dog Bark Collar
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 0191491002472|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 181; Length: 370; Weight: 38; Width: 327|
|Product Group||Pet Products|
|Product Type Name||PET_SUPPLIES|
|Size||For Small, Middle Large dogs 10lbs ~150 lbs|
|Title||ieGeek Dog Bark Collar Anti Barking Collars Rechargeable No Bark Control Training Device, IP67 Waterproof E-collar with Beep, Vibration Static Shock Mode No Shock Mode for Small Medium and Large Dogs|
|UPC List||UPC List Element: 191491002472|
One of the downsides of dog barking silencers is often the well-behaved dog can catch the blame. The chip in this collar eliminates false triggers from other dogs who are barking. Instead of another dog barking away, the ieGeek device relies on the vibrations from the throat of the dog wearing the collar.
- Adjustable collar for various neck sizes (6 inches to 24 inches)
- Works for dogs weighing between 7 to 120 pounds
- 5 levels of ultrasound corrective sounds (warning, then louder noises)
Sometimes the smaller the dog, the bigger the bark. And this dog silencer is ideal for small breeds such as Chihuahuas, beagles, and Yorkies. Although the dog collar is a bit bulky, it can be worn while dogs of various sizes are sleeping or resting on their sides.
- Rechargeable via USB in under 90 minutes
- Charge lasts as long as two weeks from a single charge
- Money-back guarantee
- Comfortable for dogs to wear while sleeping
- One bullet
Sometimes all a dog needs is a warning, and this dog barking silencer by ieGeek will give a dog a second chance before the barking gets out of hand. And you will be completely in control of whether you want to use the shock option for this collar.
DogRook Dog Bark Collar-Humane Anti Barking
$33.96 in stock
- Humane bark collar with 2 modes - in 96% cases help decrease (eliminate) dog's barking by automatic performance with 5 safe stages of sound (beeps) and vibration. Beeps and vibrations are switching automatically based on the amount of dog's barking, increasing after each bark.
- Rechargeable version - no bark collar works about 14 days with 1 battery life. Get a full charge in 2-3 hours.
- Action without remote - The collar works in automatic mode, in which sounds and vibrations are combined to effectively and safely stop the barking. At the first bark, there will be only a sound signal, at the subsequent barks vibrations are added to a sound signal. Useful when you are not at home and your dog stays alone.
- Adjustable for S, M, L dogs - no shock bark collar is adjustable for dogs weighing 11 to 110 lbs with neck size of 9 to 22 inches. Adjust the strap according to the size of your dog.
- Extra parts - In addition to the automatic stop barking collar we have included USB cable and prongs covers.
This collar by DogRook gives you the option of training your dog to not bark excessively in any weather, from the dog park to snow slopes.
- 7 safe vibration and sound levels
- High-quality nylon strap
- Easily adjustable reflective stripes
- Suitable for dogs weighing 11 to 110 pounds
- 100 percent water resistant
- 2 batteries included
- 2 colored covers included
- Weather resistant (rain, snow, splashing)
This collar is slightly flatter than other dog barking silencers, so it may be more comfortable for your dog laying on his or her side. With seven humane vibrations and sounds to calm your dog, you’ll be able to measure which one works the best. The vibration intensity will last up until the seventh bark, then turn to sleep mode and stop working for one minute.
- One-year warranty
- Can be used on small, medium and large dogs
- Upgraded chip
- One bullet
Because of the seven-bark option, your dog will have the chance to connect the noise and vibration to his or her barking. With time, ideally the DogRook will help you train your dog to be less likely to choose excessive barking to everything that moves.
YC° Newest Bark Control Ultrasonic Anti Barking Device
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 6922082486296|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 343; Length: 717; Weight: 104; Width: 520|
|Product Group||Pet Products|
|Product Type Name||PET_SUPPLIES|
|Title||YC° Newest Bark Control Ultrasonic Anti Barking Device Bark Deterrent Silencer Barking Stop Water Droplet Shape Indoor Use (Black)|
Dog owners usually have signs of dog-loving all over their place whether it’s dog toys, dog photos, dog quote memes or even dog beds. But that doesn’t mean everything in their homes must be a commercial for dogs. This dog barking silencer shaped like a water droplet adds a little pizzazz to your home.
- 4 adjustable ultrasonic volume levels (test, low, medium, high)
- LED battery power level indicator
- 9V battery (not included)
Although it is in the shape of a water drop, this device is best used inside and away from water and/or electronics. While it may not be as versatile as other versions, it does the job with helping to silence excessive barking while adding a touch of decor to your home.
- Suitable for all breeds
- Various ranges (low up to 15 feet; medium up to 30 feet; high up to 50 feet)
- May not work on deaf or hearing-impaired dogs
- Mostly intended for indoors
- Avoid using near electronics (TV, speakers, doorbell)
Whether you lay this dog barking silencer down or hang it against a wall, it’ll fit well in both places and help your dog calm down when you just want some silence in your home.
Key Information About Dog Silencers
What is a dog silencer?
A dog silencer is a humane way of getting your dog to quiet down for the sake of your home, your neighbors, and even while you’re on an outdoor trek (i.e., camping, hiking, etc.) These devices are available in various shapes and sizes that can train your own dog, stray dogs and even other types of animals (ex. cats, baboons, etc.) to stop making excessive noises. Brands often mention if each product has been recommended and/or tested by dog trainers to confirm how useful it is.
Types of dog silencers
Dog silencers can come in a variety of ways, including hand-held remote devices; sturdy devices that can be hammered into hard platforms such as trees or fences; and alarm-like electronic devices that can sit on a flat platform similar to an alarm clock. Depending on the device’s power and specified level, the ultrasound can be heard as far as 50 feet away. There are also dog silencers than can attach right to your dog’s collar, eliminating the risk of losing the remote control device. Battery type and battery life may differ; pay attention to standby options to conserve battery time and avoid the device eating up your batteries when not needed.
Benefits of dog silencers
While there are dog silencers that can electrocute a dog or temporarily hurt him, ideally the goal would be to make the process of silencing a dog’s excessive barking quick and painless. This is why humane options and primarily no-shocking options were specifically chosen for all 12 devices above. Dog silencers also come in handy to avoid dogs who excessively whine or howl for no apparent reason.
Using dog silencers on a dog-by-dog basis
Of course every dog is different and may not be sensitive to the same amount of noise as another. (The human equivalent maybe how you would react to a blaring ambulance or fireworks compared to someone else. Some pets may eventually get used to the sound if heard enough while others will be irritated by it each time. This is why a variety of choices were given. Where one dog barking silencer may not work on one dog, another one will. Even better, it can be used on multiple dogs at once for easier training techniques.
Key Techniques while using Dog Silencers
It is completely up to the owner of the device regarding how often the dog barking silencer should be used. Some devices require a dog bark excessively for a long or short period of time. For example, one device above takes up to four seconds of barking before it will sound the alarm. For a speedy mail carrier, this may not be enough time. But for another one, this may be just the amount of time needed to reach the porch.
Pay as much attention to what a dog barks at as you would with how often to use the device. It’s imperative that manual devices not be used when a dog is not barking. Otherwise, he or she will not understand the connection between excessive barking and this alarming sound. For reasons like these, this should never be used by small children who may attempt to “play” with the manual versions. (Automated versions have a built-in sensor to measure volume.)
Having a dog silencer is a completely individual decision. Some dog owners may find that they miss the sounds of their noisy dogs. Others may find their dogs not being noise boxes to be instant relief. While the dog more than likely won’t mind not hearing the ultrasonic sounds, the short amount of time that the noise happens makes these devices more humane and doesn’t deter your dog from other playful behavior.
Most importantly, it eliminates harsher techniques such as shocking or physical pulling. It’s safe to say if your dog has to choose between the two, the ultrasonic sound would be the preferred method. And even for those who just want to get a good night’s rest or to be able to walk without carrying a huge stick and pepper spray, dog silencing devices even the playing field for peace among your noisy neighbor’s pets, animals in the wild, and stray dogs and cats.
Dog Barking Silencer
The dog barking silencers reviewed are all great value. Read through our reviews before choosing the one thats right for you.
- POP VIEW Bark Collar
- Zelers New Model Outdoor Anti Barking Device
- First Alert Bark Genie Handheld Bark Control Device
- KCSC Bark Control Device
- RECHARGEABLE Anti Barking Device
- Dog Dazer II Ultrasonic Dog Deterrent
- DOGTEK Sonic Bird House Bark Control
- Quiet Spot Pet Tag Silencer
- Anti Barking Device
- ieGeek Dog Bark Collar
- DogRook Dog Bark Collar-Humane Anti Barking
- YC° Newest Bark Control Ultrasonic Anti Barking Device