Snorkeling is great fun and if you’ve found your way here then chances are you’ve fallen in love with it! There are many different types of gear and equipment you can buy so this following post will explore dry snorkels and what I consider are the best available online!
Personally, dry snorkels are a favorite, being able to surface and breath instantly without having to clear my snorkel is fantastic!
What Exactly Is a Dry Snorkel?
A dry snorkel has a one-way valve that prevents any water from getting into the snorkel. This is great for diving under the surface and coming back up again because you don’t need to clear your snorkel.
If water does somehow enter the snorkel they are channeled out so it doesn’t interrupt your flow of breath.
There biggest advantage is that you don’t need to clear the snorkel. this is going to save a lot of energy. It is also never fun to breath in expecting air and getting a mouth full of water.
These types of snorkels are lightweight so if you are diving deep then your snorkel will start to float a little.
Best Dry Snorkel
Cressi Supernova Dry
$19.95 in stock
- This snorkel is the best choice if you want a quality, well designed product that has all the features that make you happy Don't worry about the entry of water: choose an easy-to-use dry snorkel and enjoy your diving
- It features a float mechanism that closes instantly to prevent water from entering the snorkel whether accidentally or purposely submerged
- At the end of the tube, there is a small reservoir that collects water, which is very easy to expel thanks to the purge valve, simply by blowing without effort
- The quick-release keeper allows you to join easily the snorkel to the mask strap with a simple click Push the button to unjoin the snorkel from the mask without removing the keeper from the mask strap
- A wider elliptical bore shape increases airflow capacity for more comfortable breathing and a purge valve enables instant clearing when needed
The Cressi Supernova Dry snorkel is highly flexible which works to prevent
This is also a great snorkel to take traveling because it actually folds down quite compactly when not in use.
It can easily fit into a travel pack or into the pocket of a BC. The mouthpiece is made from silicone which feels soft and comfortable in your mouth and will help ease jaw fatigue.
The float mechanism closes instantly when underwater which prevents any water from entering the snorkel.
Designed with a wider elliptical bore shape this works to increase airflow capacity for easy breathing.
Available in 17 different colors matching this to your swimsuit is easy and fun!
- Comfortable mouthpiece
- Quick-release mechanism
- Fits larger face profiles
- Many colors to choose from
- Well priced
Cressi Alpha Ultra Dry
- Cressi is a REAL diving, snorkeling and swimming Italian brand, since 1946.
- Features a float mechanism which close instantly to prevent water from entering the snorkel whether accidentally or purposely submerged.
- The snorkel has a highly flexible tube that reduces jaw fatigue and folds compactly for storing in a BC pocket or travel pack.
- A wider elliptical bore shape increases air flow capacity for more comfortable breathing and a purge valve enables instant clearing when needed.
- Is made in Italy in 100% high quality silicone, a better material and longer lasting than plastic PVC.
The Cressi Alpha Ultra Dry is a streamlined dry snorkel that reduces drag while snorkeling. Great news for avid snorkelers.
The bore contoured tube offers excellent airflow and there is also a lower purge valve in the case of water somehow ending up in the snorkel.
This is also very convenient for eliminating saliva that builds up while snorkeling-at least for me anyway.
The tube of this snorkel is corrugated and flexible which lets you drop the mouthpiece when not in use.
The silicone mouthpiece is also removable and replaceable which is great news if you chew through yours like I sometimes do!
Included is a 12-month warranty and there are 8 different colors to choose from.
- High-quality silicone
- Designed to reduce drag
- 8 colors
- 12-month warranty
- Dry valve sometimes sticks
Phantom Aquatics Dry Snorkel
- Features a float mechanism which closes instantly to prevent water from entering the snorkel whether accidentally or purposely submerged.
- Suitable for snorkeling or recreational scuba diving.
- High-flow dry top snorkel with flex tube.
- Streamlined design reduces drag, Adjustable clip for securing to any mask.
- Angled mouthpiece reduces jaw fatigue, Lower purge valve allows water to be quickly expelled.
The Phantom Aquatics Dry Snorkel is a streamlined, oval-shaped tube on the top half and a lower flex tube on the bottom half.
It is comfortable in your mouth as the mouthpiece is angled and replaceable if you need to.
Great for swimming through choppy or windy seas, if water does find a way into the valve there is a large self-draining chamber in the bottom of the snorkel.
There is a quick-release buckle that can detach the snorkel in a single action with just one hand.
The only issue with this snorkel is that it is quite a narrow tube so if you feel like you need to take large, deep breaths while snorkeling you may struggle a little bit.
- 7 different colors
- Large draining chamber in the bottom of the snorkel
- Narrow tube
Oceanic Ultra Dry Snorkel
- Patented dry snorkel technology virtually eliminates water entry.
- Oversized purge valve for easy clearing.
- Quick release swiveling snorkel keeper.
- Drop away smooth bore flex mouthpiece.
- Replaceable 100% liquid silicone mouthpiece.
The Oceanic Ultra is one of the longer tubes to make this list. This snorkel has a diagonal reservoir that is easy to clear and comfortable to use.
With a large upper tube, breathing with this snorkel is easy and plenty of air can be taken in.
As a result of this large size, there is a fair bit of drag associated with its use.
It is very easy to attach to your mask and once on is secure.
- Available in 3 different colors
- Silicone mouthpiece
- Flexible tube
- Drop away mouthpiece
- Long tube
- Creates drag
Mares Ergo Dry Snorkel
- 100% dry top. Exhaust valve
- Sliding swivel snorkel keeper
- Corrugated hose and mouthpiece made with high quality silicone
- Comfortable curved mouthpiece
- Suitable for diving or extended snorkeling sessions
Mares Ergo is a dry snorkel that has an ergonomically correct mouthpiece.
Designed for prolonged snorkeling sessions the dry top as well as the exhaust valve make for clear, dry breathing and easy cleaning.
Made from silicone the mouthpiece is comfortable and attaching it to your mask is quick and easy via an adjustable clip.
- Ergonomic mouthpiece
- Easy to breath
- 18 colors to choose from
- Valve sometimes get stuck
- Adjustable clip not too durable
Riffe Stable Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Snorkel
- Low profile light weight snorkel
- Flexible vinyl tube
- Dry top shaped like a shark fin and reduces catch of line, seaweed, and floating material
- Top quality hinged snorkel keeper
Riffe Stable Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Snorkel is a popular choice for scuba divers, freedivers, and snorkelers alike.
The snorkel is shaped similar to a shark fin which reduces drag and prevents it from getting stuck on things such as kelp etc.
With a very flexible tube made from vinyl, it can easily fold into a travel pack as well as into the pocket on a BC.
- Well made, quality materials
- Low profile
- Hinged snorkel
- Only available in black -difficult to see
XS Scuba M-Line Snorkel 3D Dry
- The original dry snorkel! Nothing else compares!
- Unique floating valve system closes on contact with water
- Dry top opens automatically upon surfacing to eliminate vacuum effect
- Adjustable mouthpiece with swivel ball joint
- Smooth bore corrugated silicone tube allows mouthpiece to drop out of way when scuba diving
The XS Scuba Snorkel is designed for comfort and ease of use. There is also a one-way purge valve at the bottom of the snorkel to release any water or saliva that can build up.
The M-Line has a ‘drop away’ corrugated lower part which means if you are scuba diving the mouthpiece will be away from your face.
This is an important safety feature as it won’t obstruct the Scuba regulator’s second stage.
Made from high-quality silicone the mouthpiece is replaceable if you tend to chew through them.
- 5 colors to choose from
- Drop away lower part makes it great for scuba
- Ergonomic design
- Large mouthpiece
TUSA SP-0101 Hyperdry
- Tulsa Hyper dry Elite II Snorkel with Snorkel Keeper
- Combines All the Best-Features of TUSA's Snorkels into One!
- Low-Profile Dry Top
- Staying Dry Has-Never-Been-Easier!
The Tusa HyperDry is a smooth and easy snorkel that has a large oval purge valve.
With an angled mouthpiece the Tusa has been designed ortho-consciously for the perfect fit and comfort.
The lower part of the tube is made from flex corrugated crystal silicone which is durable and comfortable to use.
Somewhat difficult to attach to the snorkel mask, this tube needs to be unclipped and threaded through the retainer. This is ok if you only use the one mask, once in place it is very secure.
- 17 colors to choose from
- Low profile dry top
- Angled purge chamber
- Narrow tube can make it difficult for deep breathers
Aegend Dry Snorkel
- Easily attach to any regular snorkel/dive mask: The keeper could easily attach to Cressi/Speedo/ US/Phantom and other brands standard dive snorkels/masks/goggles. Quick release adjustable clip easy to clip it on/off a diving mask, allowing movement up and down the snorkel tube, for a comfortable position. Your hair doesn't get tangled as much in this type of attachment between the mask and snorkel.
- Food-grade liquid silicone mouthpiece: Super soft and safe material for the mouthpiece, very comfortable in your mouth and provides a good seal. form-fitting with angled and corrugated mouthpiece design, allowing for prolonged use. It’s a removable and replaceable silicone mouthpiece if necessary.
- Longer oval upper tube provides more air, and breath effortlessly: A large diameter tube will give you full breaths without making you struggle to catch your breath. The upper tube is curved and comes close to your head, which will prevent drag your mouth. It’s a perfect snorkel for snorkeling, skin diving, scuba diving, swimming etc.
- Easily blow out water through one way purge valve: Sits at the bottom of a bulblike reservoir that’s offset from the mouthpiece tube, which made it effortless to clear and bone dry. Water can even be cleared out of the dry snorkel while under water, all you have to do is give it a good blow.
- Advanced top dry valve and splash guard: Aegend Dry snorkel profiled “paddle” dry top automatically closes when submerged, not allowing water entry. Even waves crash overhead, the splash-guard will prevent water from coming into the snorkel. Unlike the float ball valve which gets lodged easily by small sands or kinds of stuff, our new design valve won't be stuck, which give you comfortably breath.
This Aegend Dry Snorkel is a flexible choice; thanks to the simple, compatible design. This snorkel works well with dive masks and comes with a quick-release adjustable click to clip it on and off the mask. This design allows movement up and down the snorkel tube ensuring you are comfortable.
The snorkel comes with a high-quality silicone mouthpiece which is super soft and safe to use. It provides an excellent seal and has a form-fitting design to last long. As the mouthpiece is removable it is easily replaced when needed. The longer upper tube provides more air allowing you to breathe effortlessly.
With a one-way purge valve, this allows easy blowing out of the water – it is super easy to clear, and you can blow out water even when using it underwater. The top dry valve automatically closes when submerged ensuring water does not get in. In addition, the splash guard prevents water from coming into the snorkel. This design ensures you breathe clean and do not have to deal with small particles of sand.
- High-quality construction
- Easy to use with different masks
- Comes with a one-way purge valve
- Keeps water out all through
- Quality silicone mouthpiece
- Couldn’t find any
Kraken Aquatics Swimmer's Snorkel
- Center mount snorkel design: Allows swimmer to keep head stationary and focus on swim technique, body position and efficiency which makes it the perfect addition to your swimming gear.
- Comfortable silicone mouthpiece: The soft, flexible, premium quality silicone mouthpiece feels so comfortable that you'll forget it's even there.
- One-way purge valve: Easily clear any water out for clear and easy breathing while lap swimming.
- Adjustable padded head bracket: Simply pull the straps to desired fit and the buckle will hold the straps securely in place.
- Special tube design: Low profile snorkel tube shape helps to reduce water resistance while swimming.
The Kraken Aquatics Dry Snorkel comes with a center mount design that allows you to keep the head steady and focus on swimming technique. This helps you to remain efficient and consistent for a comfortable underwater experience. The feature makes it a suitable addition to your snorkeling or diving gear.
For comfort, the snorkel comes with a silicone mouthpiece. It is soft and flexible to ensure you are comfortable all through- you may even forget you have something on. With the one-way purge valve, you can be sure that water does not enter the snorkel as you dive. In the even some water access the snorkel, the design clears it out for easy breathing.
One of the qualities you will like about this dry top snorkel is the adjustable padded head bracket. It comes with straps that you can pull to customize a comfortable fit. The buckle holds the straps securely in place to ensure you are comfortable. The unique tube design reduces water resistance when swimming.
- Comfortable design
- Handy straps
- Easy to use on a regular basis
- Keeps the water away entirely
- Screw requires tightening after a while
MP Michael Phelps Focus Swim Snorkel
$27.99 in stock
- Unique, low-profile, hydrodynamic tube reduces drag and eases breathing
- Increases cardiovascular strength and lung capacity
- Adjustable light weight head bracket with integrated cushion ensures comfortable fit
- Silicone comfo-bite mouthpiece minimizes jaw fatigue
- One-way purge valve positioned to maximize clearing of excess water
If you are searching for a reliable dry snorkel, you can consider this MP Michael Phelps Snorkel. It comes in a unique, low profile tube that enhances easy breathing by reducing drag. The snorkel plays a significant role in increasing cardiovascular strength and lung capacity.
For comfort, the snorkel comes with an adjustable lightweight head bracket. It has integrated cushioning which ensures you achieve a comfortable fit. The silicone mouthpiece is of high quality to last long and serve you to the core. It is soft and flexible, and the design helps to minimize jaw fatigue.
The snorkel features a one-way purge valve that is strategically positioned to maximize clearing excess water. With the snorkel on, you can easily breathe in water and not have to deal with the massive gulps of water. The triangular snorkel tube prevents side to side rotation for efficiency. The mask comes in a regular fit and a small one to suit your needs.
- Comfortable for a person with a small head
- Easy to fit and adjust in place
- Prevents water leakage into the snorkel
- Stylish design
- Enhances proper breathing underwater
- Short tube
- Swim Training Snorkels - The swimming snorkel with spout allows smooth airflow and provides healthy amount of oxygen while lap swimming, triathlon and maximize speed by 30%.
- Comfortable and Firm Pad - Engineered thickened head-pad sits firmly on head delivers comfort and eliminate movement when flip turns and all four strokes.
- Optimized Mouthpiece - Durable food-grade and odorless material, fits perfect in mouth and keep the snorkel in place, one-way purge help to drain the water entirely during exhale.
- Fast-swim Oriented - It has a sleek hydrodynamic design which allows swimmers to swim effortlessly with minimal water resistance.
- Center Mount Design - Front mount features snorkel ensures smooth arm rotation and maintain body alignment and improve stroke efficiency.
The Zionor Dry Snorkel allows smooth airflow which promotes a healthy amount of oxygen while swimming. It is useful in assisting with speed by easing off the pressure to keep struggling for breath. It comes in a simple design that works effectively in a variety of water sports.
The best snorkel has to provide comfort all through. This one has a comfortable and firm pad that is thick enough for comfort. It sits firmly on your head and helps to eliminate movement as you swim. With the mouthpiece that comes with this snorkel, you can enjoy comfort and efficiency at its best. It comes in durable food-grade and odorless material for safety and comfort.
The snorkel operates on the one-way purge design which helps to drain the water as you exhale. Generally, the dry top snorkel has a hydrodynamic design which helps you swim effortlessly with minimal water resistance. The center-mount design ensures smooth arm rotation to ensure you maintain proper body alignment to improve your strokes.
- Durable material
- Aids in breathing
- Solid construction
- Helps to align the body for better strokes
- Great value for money
- The screw requires tightening after a while
COPOZZ Swim Snorkel
- 【Front Snorkel Central Mount Design】Easy breath with this swim snorkel when you are doing the face-down head position required for butterfly and freestyle swimming strokes. Streamline central mounted swimming snorkel helps to reduce water resistance without blocking any vision while swimming. Perfect for you to focus on your strokes and movements.
- 【Easy Breath One-way Purge Valve】 Water and air you breathed out come out through the bottom valve. No water and air bubbles will affect your swimming. Allow you to clear water out and maintain easy breathing while lap swimming. Help to improve your speed by 30%.
- 【Upgraded Comfortable Silicone Mouthpiece】 The soft, flexible, premium quality silicone mouthpiece feels so comfortable with zero gum irritation. (so that you can focus on your swimming and breathing techniques without annoying irritating gum pain). Perfect size for all.
- 【Easy To Adjust Head Strap】 Press the buckle then simply pull the soft silicone straps, just one press and pull. The buckle can hold the straps securely in place. The adjustable head strap can be adjusted to fit with any swim caps and swimming goggles.
- 【A Great Swim Snorkel】 For both adult and young swimmers, perfect for beginners who haven't get the breathing techniques yet, great for training, exercising, lap swimming to focus on movement and improve stroke efficiency. 30-day money back guarantee. 100% satisfaction guarantee.
The Copozz Dry Snorkel is designed to provide you with quality and durability. It has a silicone construction for the mouthpiece which is soft a flexible for comfort. It is designed to ease jaw fatigue when wearing the snorkel which is an essential feature for reliability.
The snorkel comes with an easy-breathe one-way purge valve. This assists with breather whereby the water and air you breathe out comes out through the bottom valve. With this snorkel, no water bubbles will affect the process. It clears water easily clearing the way for easy breathing. This technique helps to improve your speed when swimming by about 30%.
The design of this snorkel considers the swimmer’s comfort. It has an easy-to-adjust head strap that works for different individuals. You only need to press the buckle and pull the straps to hold in place. For a secure and comfortable fit, you can fix the straps further to fit as desired. The snorkel works well for adults and kids including both starters and experienced individuals.
- Comfortable and secure
- Highly effective underwater
- Easy to adjust for a perfect fit
- Works for everyone
- Cleans easily
- Helps to relieve pain around the neck by proper alignment
- Screw loosens when wet; requires regular tightening
Deep Blue Gear Ultra Dry 2 Snorkel
- ULTRA DRY 2 – Travel to your next snorkel spot fully prepared! Pack the Ultra Dry 2 adult snorkel in your bag along with your swimsuit, beach towel, and underwater camera, and you’re ready to set out in search of your next fun ocean adventure.
- COMFORTABLE FIT – Being a snorkeler with friends, family, or your snorkel party can be difficult without the right equipment. This snorkel has a soft silicone mouthpiece minimizing jaw fatigue for a comfy under water experience.
- FULLY SUBMERSIBLE – This dry top snorkel for men and women eliminates water intake while snorkeling by preventing water from entering the snorkel due to rough waves, and the composite flex tube is designed for an ergonomic proper fit.
- EASY INSTALLATION – The quick snap snorkel keeper on this large bore tube allows for easy removal and installation. Enjoy a snorkel that fits exactly how and where you want it to be.
- EFFORTLESS FUN – Experience your snorkeling adventure in whatever way you like, and enjoy with the best fully submersible snorkel for effortless fun in the ocean, by a boat, or near a reef.
The Deep Blue Gear Snorkel has a dry top snorkel design which ensures you have excellent snorkeling or swimming experience. It is completely submersible and keeps water out all through. The large bore snorkel tube is designed to ease breathing and facilitate the quick clearing of water.
The composite flex tube of the snorkel is ergonomically designed for a comfortable fit. The mouthpiece comes in soft silicone material which ensures you are comfortable. Also, the material helps to minimize jaw fatigue helping you to focus on your swimming techniques. It lasts an extended period with minimal care and is easy to clean.
One of the features that determine the efficiency of a snorkel is the type of valve it comes with. This one has a built-in silicone purge valve which helps to clear the snorkel quickly. Also, the quick release snorkel keeper helps to detach it from the mask quickly. This snorkel has a strap measuring 18 inches to allow enough room for adjustment.
- Durable construction
- Suitable for scuba diving, snorkeling, and swimming
- Easy to adjust and fit
- Effective in preventing water from going inside the snorkel
- The mouthpiece requires a little twisting
Speedo Bullet Head Swimmer's Snorkel
1 used from $21.21
- Minimalist design promotes excellent stability at high speeds
- Flexible TPR headband for comfort, eliminating headaches and pinching
- Low profile shape offers maximum vision and drag reduction
- Adjustable headband with notches on the tube for consistent fitting
- Teardrop shape enhances stability as the snorkel cuts through the water
Qualities of the best snorkel include a simple design, efficiency, and comfort. This Speedo Bullet Snorkel delivers these among other features for a seamless experience using it underwater. The minimalist design promotes excellent stability even at high speeds making it the ideal snorkel for experienced divers.
This snorkel comes with a flexible TPR headband. It is designed to offer you comfort for long hours of use without straining the back of your head. The band is adjustable so you can custom a comfortable fit. It has notches on the tube which assists in securing the snorkel well.
One of the exceptional features of this snorkel is the tear-drop shape. It enhances the stability as the snorkel cuts through the water as you swim. This feature makes it a suitable snorkel for high speeds. Sprinters that need a stable snorkel for regular use can find this helpful. It ensures it keeps the water out of the snorkel, promoting proper breathing. This, in turn, results in better strokes and less concentration on your breathing pattern.
- Eases breathing to allow focus on swimming
- High quality, lightweight construction
- Ideal for sprinters for high speed
- Comfortable headpiece
- Mouthpiece and tube fitting require tightening
Overall if you are looking for a dry snorkel then those listed and reviewed above are all great choices. These are a great idea for those who spend a lot of time diving underwater and clearing their snorkel as they re-surface. These are also a great idea for beginners who may not feel comfortable with clearing out water from their snorkel.
Best Dry Snorkel
Dry snorkels are great for beginners to advanced snorkelers. With one way valves this works to only let air in. Great news for if you dive under the water and surface again, you won't need to clear your snorkel as the one way valve prevents any water entering.
- Cressi Supernova Dry
- Cressi Alpha Ultra Dry
- Phantom Aquatics Dry Snorkel
- Oceanic Ultra Dry Snorkel
- Mares Ergo Dry Snorkel
- Riffe Stable Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Snorkel
- XS Scuba M-Line Snorkel 3D Dry
- TUSA SP-0101 Hyperdry
- Aegend Dry Snorkel
- Kraken Aquatics Swimmer's Snorkel
- MP Michael Phelps Focus Swim Snorkel
- Zionor Snorkel
- COPOZZ Swim Snorkel
- Deep Blue Gear Ultra Dry 2 Snorkel
- Speedo Bullet Head Swimmer's Snorkel