Dual flush toilets are a great toilet system to have in your home, allowing you to control how much water you use per flush.
Dual flushes work by either triggering a full flush which would be required for heavy waste or a half flush for lighter waste.
Toilets use a lot of water so having the ability to minimize consumption through a dual flush option is increasing in popularity.
The following post will explore the best dual flush toilets on the market.
Low Consumption EPA certified Toilets
EPA has a specific program or certification that they use to provide a water sense approval.
Toilets that are EPA approved consume 80% less water than the federally regulated 1.6 gpf (gallons per flush).
It is fair to be concerned about the quality and power behind a flush that uses a lower rate of water.
To gain the EPA certification the toilet still must pass the miso paste test, meaning it must clear miso paste on the bowl in a single flush.
The toilets reviewed in this article all have the EPA water sense certification aside rom the Saniflo Sanicompact.
This is because this toilet is a macerating or upflush toilet that has it’s own pump to remove waste.
This toilet is still a low water consumption toilet and it does have a dual flush.
Best Dual Flush Toilets
American Standard Siphonic Dual Flush
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Round front two piece siphonic action dual flush toilet
- High efficiency, low consumption and WaterSense certified
- Chrome-plated top mounted push button actuator
- 12" rough in
The American Standard H2Option is a dual flush toilet that uses 25% less water than the conventional 1.6 gallon per flush toilet.
Two chrome plated push buttons are located on the top of the tank which look stylish and have the half and full flush option. The full flush uses 1.6 gpf and the half uses 1 gpf.
- 27.8 x 15 x 29.5 inches
- Power wash rim & jet powered siphon flush
- Everclean Technology
- Toilet seat not included
The siphon technology uses less water and flushes more bulk without making a lot of noise.
This toilet has received the highest MaP (Maximum Performance)rating which tests how much waste a single flush can move. T
he H2Option can handle 1,000 grams of solid waste for a full flush and 400grams for a light flush.
The EverClean technology creates a permanent antimicrobial surface which prevents any stains and therefore odors that can cause bacteria, mildew and mold.
This technology also makes its easy to clean and maintain although having a toilet brush is still necessary.
American Standard’s H2Option toilet is EPA certified although not ADA compliant. It is also backed by a 5 year warranty, making this toilet a popular choice.
KOHLER Wellworth Two-Piece Dual-Flush
- Two-piece toilet
- Round-front bowl offers an ideal solution for smaller baths and powder rooms
- Left-hand nested trip lever offers a choice of 1.1 or 1.6-Gallons per flush
- 2-1/8-Inch glazed trap way
- Coordinates with other products in the Wellworth collection
Kohler Wellworth is a two piece toilet that is ideal for small bathrooms or powder rooms due to its size.
This toilet has a left hand lever with the two flush options being either 1.6 gpf or 1.1 gpf.
- 27-3/4″ L x 29-1/4″ H x 18″ W
- 1.6gpf or 1.1 gpf options
- Class five flushing technology
The Kohler Wellworth uses a class five flushing technology that is designed for extraordinary bulk-flushing performance.
The power behind the flush is a result of the rapid release of water paired with the direct fed jet which cleans the bowl as well as flushes the waste away.
Available in 4 colors – biscuit, almond, black and white and has a round bowl which further adds to the space saving in your bathroom.
This Kohler Wellworth is EPA certified but not ADA compliant and comes with a 1 year warranty.
TOTO Aquia Dual Flush
- TOTO CST412MF.01 Aqua Dual Flush Elongated Two-Piece Toilet, 1.6GPF & 0.9GPF, Cotton White
Toto Aquia has a round flush button located on the top of the toilet along with an elongated bowl and skirting around the bottom.
- 27 5/8″ L x 31 3/8″ H x 14 1/4″ W
- Dual max flush system
- Toilet seat not included
- 1.6 gpf or 0.9 gpf
The Toto toilet uses a dual max flush system for eliminating waste and is at universal height.
Universal height refers to the shape and height of the seat meeting ADA specifications.
This toilet is EPA certified but due to the flush being triggered by buttons as opposed to a lever it does not have the ADA compliance.
This toilet performs well and looks great thanks to the skirting along the bottom which conceals the trapway.
The Toto Aquia is available in 4 different colors bone, colonial white, cotton and sedona beige and the purchase includes a 1 year warranty.
Toto Washlet with Integrated Toilet
- Dual-Max flushing system - 1.28 Gallon Flush or 0.9 Gallon Flush
- Front and rear warm water washing with temperature and adjustable pressure controls
- Remote control operation. Illuminated touch pad. 2 user memory. Auto Open/Close lid. Auto Flush
- Sleek, low profile skirted one-piece Elongated front bowl
- Automatic air deodorizer - Warm air dryer
The Toto Washlet G500 is a premium toilet with a bidet seat packed full of features and options.
- 28.5 x 11.8 x 25.2 inches
- Dual-Max flushing system
- SanaGloss glaze
- 1.28 Gallon Flush or 0.9 Gallon Flush
- Bidet toilet seat
If you aren’t familiar with bidet toilet seats then be sure to read our detailed review specific to these wonderful creations.
The Toto Washlet has many features including front and rear wash with an adjustable temperature and water pressure.
Along with an air deodorizer, air dryer that can be temperature controlled, automatic open and close as well as an auto flush and 2 user memory.
The toilet seat is controlled with a remote with an illuminated touch pad.
Through gravity and a cycle bowl flushing is powerful. This along with the SanaGloss glaze virtually stops stains forming on the bowl.
The Toto Washlet G500 comes with all the hardware and mounting pieces and in addition is ADA compliant.
Saniflo SANICOMPACT One piece Toilet
- BONUS HALF BATH: The Sanicompact is a self-contained dual-flush toilet system used to install a half bathroom up to 9 feet below the sewer line, or even up to 120 feet away from a soil stack. For residential use only.
- DUAL PURPOSE: The Sanicompact will also discharge gray water from a sink. The wastewater drains into a 1.25” hose connection in back of the toilet.
- EFFICIENCY AT ITS FINEST: The standard dual flush version uses 1.28 gpf or 1 gpf and uses less water than any regular toilet but with the same efficiency. The push button activates a timer and a solenoid valve in order to fill and wash the bowl.
- TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS: Motor: 0.5 HP oil-filled thermally protected; Noise level ≤ 53 dBA (Lp) (measured at 3 ft.); Discharge rate at 9 ft: 24 GPM; Certification code: CSA (IPC, NSPC); Connections: Sink
- 4 YEAR WARRANTY: All of Saniflo's products have a 2 year warranty with purchase, and an additional 2 years is added with registration. Our warranty program can offer peace of mind, should a problem arise.
The Saniflo Sanicompact is the ideal toilet for small bathrooms and is also a macerating toilet. This means you can install this toilet away from drain lines in places like a basement or outdoor shed.
- 21.5″L x 14.5 W x 18.5″ H
- 1.28 gpf or 1 gpf
- Toilet seat not included
- Macerating toilet
The Sanicompact is a compact one piece toilet with a macerator built into the toilet. Be sure to read up on macerating toilets and if they are the right choice for you.
Built into the toilet is an activated timer and a solenoid valve which works to both fill and wash the toilet bowl.
The motor will automatically activate and remove waste and paper upon being flushed.
While the Saniflo Sanicompact isn’t EPA certified it is a low consumption toilet with only 1.28 gpf or 1 gpf. This toilet also comes with a 1 year warranty.
Dual flush toilets are ideal for those looking for a water saving toilet to lower their environmental footstep or to save on water bills. They are highly functional and there are styles for everyone. When it comes to finding the best dual flush toilet I hope you found this review helpful!
Best Dual Flush Toilets
Dual flush toilets are a fantastic water saving idea that can save you a lot of money in the long run. Using a half flush for liquid waste you can cut your water usage significantly. The dual flush toilets included in this review are all very high quality so have a read and select the right one for you and your needs.
- American Standard Siphonic Dual Flush
- KOHLER Wellworth Two-Piece Dual-Flush
- TOTO Aquia Dual Flush
- Toto Washlet with Integrated Toilet
- Saniflo SANICOMPACT One piece Toilet