Are you searching for the best lawn mowers under $300? You’ve come to the right place. We are doing the research for you and rounding up the 13 best lawn mowers under $300 and delivering them right to you.
Mowing the lawn is a chore that most of us must do once or twice a week for over half the year. This means that we give our lawn mowers a hard workout on a regular basis. Once we purchase a lawn mower that we like, we don’t give it too much thought. That is, we don’t think about it until we wear it down and need to replace it. Like any mechanical equipment, a lawn mower needs constant love; even if you do keep yours well-maintained, the time will come for a replacement model.
When you start looking online at options, you’ll find an overwhelming amount of lawn mowers in the under $300 price range. Therefore, we are helping you narrow down these options to this list of the top 13.
Best Lawn Mowers Under $300
Troy-Bilt TB330 Self-Propelled Lawnmower
- Powered by a 163cc Briggs & Stratton Engine
- Equipped with a 21-Inch TriAction cutting system with integrated premium deck wash
- Designed with a single-lever variable speed drive control with four top speed settings for individualized comfort and control
- Comes with a 3-in-1 side discharge capabilities, mulch or rear bag - with a 1.9 bushel capacity bag included
- Designed with 8 x 8-inch high performance wheels and an adjustable ergomatic handle for added ease while operating
The Troy-Bilt TB330 163 cc 21-inch 3-in-1 Rear Wheel Drive Self-Propelled Lawn Mower combines a powerful gas engine and convenience of use in an affordable lawn mower that will give you a manicured lawn on even challenging terrain.
- 21” blade span
- Four-speed settings that allow you to mow at your own pace
- Side discharge, bag, or mulch options
- Adjustable handle is ergonomically-designed to keep you comfortable
- 8” wheels
The Troy-Bilt TB330 163 cc 21-inch 3-in-1 Rear Wheel Drive Self-Propelled Lawn Mower will make you the envy of the neighborhood!
This mower has a 21″ blade span, 4-speed settings as well as 6 different cutting deck heights. This gives the user plenty of options when maintaining their yard!
You can cut comfortably and precisely thanks to ergonomic features that will allow you to cut in comfort.
For the homeowner on hilly terrain, the oversized 8” wheels and comfortably-designed and adjustable handle will give you the perfectly cut lawn.
- Can set the cutting deck to 6 different height options
- Adjustable handle allows you to adjust your grip to make cutting grass easier
- 8” wheels give you more control and precision when cutting
- 163cc Briggs & Stratton engine performs reliably and starts on the first pull of the cord
- The tab-bar that holds the deck height setting is made of plastic and may need replacing/repaired from time to time
- Pull cord sometimes gets stuck when pulling
- No drain plug in order to remove the oil for the winter months
Troy-Bilt is a well-known and trusted manufacturer, purchase the Troy-Bilt TB330 163 cc 21-inch 3-in-1 Rear Wheel Drive Self-Propelled Lawn Mower with confidence.
Husqvarna 21" Push Lawn Mower
- Husqvarna 21 in. push mower is ideal for medium to large lawns with flat terrain
- Powerful 160cc Honda GCV engine is ready for high performance in the most rugged mowing conditions
- Soft grip handle offers superior comfort and ergonomics for extended mowing wo
- Four-point cutting height adjustment allows for grass heights between 1 and 4 inches
- 3-in-1 cutting deck allows for mulching, side discharging or rear bagging via vented soft bag
The Husqvarna 21” Push Lawn Mower 7021P is a mower powered by a mighty 160cc Honda GCV gas engine.
- 160cc Honda GCV engine
- You can choose to bag, side discharge or mulch the grass clippings
- 21” cutting blades
- 12” back wheels and 8” front wheels aid in controlling the cutting
- Handle is soft-grip for added comfort
With a Honda engine on this mower, you know you can rest assured that you’ll be set up for grass-cutting success with the purchase of this lawn mower.
There are three options for the grass clippings – side discharge, mulch or bagging it. This mower has 21″ cutting blades along with 9 different cutting heights to really make the mowing process more efficient.
When you purchase the Husqvarna 21” Push Lawn Mower, you’re investing in Husqvarna quality and Honda reliability.
- Fuel-efficient and powerful 160cc Honda GCV engine
- Handle folds down so you can easily store or transport your mower
- Large back wheels make it easy to maneuver this mower, even in tight spaces
- Mulch, bag, or side-eject the grass clippings
- 9 cutting heights for customized lawn care
- Not self-propelled
- Assembly instructions slightly confusing to understand
- Difficult to set the cutting height the first few tries
The Husqvarna 21” Push Lawn Mower is backed with a powerful Honda engine and equipped with larger rear wheels. If you have a lawn that’s steep or with a lot of grade variations, you’ll be able to power through the challenges with this unit.
Craftsman 37430 Briggs and Stratton
- Briggs and Stratton Silver Series 5-torque - 140cc engine
- 21-inch cutting width, low 7-inch front wheels, high 11-inch rear wheels
- 3-in-1 cutting methods (side discharge, mulch, or bag clippings into rear bag)
- Dual-point deck height adjusters with six positions for quick height adjustments
- Reliable spark plug
The Craftsman 37430 21 Inch 3-in-1 Push Lawn Mower features a 140cc Briggs and Stratton gas-powered engine. The famous Craftsman name assures you of reliable performance that will give you a great looking lawn.
- Briggs and Stratton 140 cc gas engine
- 21” cutting blade span
- 3-in-1 convenience allows you to side eject, bag, or mulch the grass clippings
- Adjustable deck height with 6 settings
- 7” front wheels and 11” rear wheels for easy maneuvering
3 options for the grass clippings – bag, side discharge, and mulching, this along with 6 cutting heights gives you options when it comes to mowing!
This machine is easy to start with a low recoil which is great if you struggle with this part of the mowing process.
A reliable Briggs and Stratton engine is combined with easily maneuvered wheels to make cutting your grass an easier task. The mower performs great and leaves your grass nicely cut.
- Starts easily with low recoil
- You can collect the grass clipping, mulch, or side eject them
- 6 deck height adjustments allow you to customize the cut height of your grass
- 11” rear wheels make precise turning to enhance the beauty of your lawn
- No hose attachment to aid in ease of blade cleaning
- Oil cap is difficult to reach when adding oil
- Push handle is not adjustable or easily gripped
For a reliably performing lawn mower under $300, the Craftsman 37430 21 Inch 3-in-1 Push Lawn Mower will get the job done right. Craftsman is one of the most trusted names in power equipment because they manufacture reliable and sturdy products.
PowerSmart DB8621S Gas Self Propelled Mower
- Easy pull starting
- 3-in-1 bag, side discharge and mulching capability allows you to spread grass clippings to the side, returning key nutrients to your lawn so your grass can grow healthy and thick
- Large rear mounted 18 gal. Container with easy release
- 5-Position Height adjustment allows you to change the cutting Height to easily cut grass, weeds and overgrowth, and the 8-inch rear wheels make it easy to push.
- 21-Inch Steel mowing deck
The PowerSmart DB8621S is a gas engine self-propelled lawn mower that was designed perfectly to tackle mowing even hilly or rough terrain.
- Easy to pull cord requires no priming
- 21” cutting blade span
- 5 adjustable cutting heights
- 159cc self-propelled gas engine
- Grass clippings can side eject, mulch, or rear bag
PowerSmart might be a lesser-known brand than some others we’re reviewing, but don’t let that dissuade you from trying this reliable lawn mower out for yourself.
For dependable performance at a more affordable price point, the PowerSmart DB8621S is quickly becoming a customer favorite!
It’s easy to use and fires up easily. Its lighter weight makes it easy for users of all skill levels.
- Weighs only 76 pounds, making it light and easy to push even over rugged lawns
- 3-in-1 functionality includes a large 18-gallon rear discharge bag
- Pull cord pulls easily and fires up the first time
- 5 different height positions
- Turns easily and even in compact spaces, giving a great looking cut
- Rear wheels only 8”
- The highest height position is only 3”
While the PowerSmart might not be a name that’s as well-recognized as others, you’ll feel comfortable giving it a try thanks to the limited 2-year warranty. The ease of use of the PowerSmart lawn mower is helping this brand rapidly gain popularity.
Yard Machines 159cc Self-Propelled Mower
- 159CC GAS ENGINE: Durable and powerful gas engine with front wheel drive and single speed transmission for a quicker mowing job. Ideal for small-medium sized yards.
- 2-IN-1 FEATURES: Side discharge and mulching capabilities to accommodate whatever your lawn needs!
- 21-INCH CUTTING DECK: Durable cutting deck has a dual height adjustment with a cutting range from 1.25 - 3.75 inches.
- 8 x 8 INCH WHEELS: Lightweight design and large wheels for smooth turning and easy maneuverability.
- WARRANTY: 2-year limited.
Looking for a lawn mower that will give your yard a well-maintained look? Give the Yard Machines 159cc 21 Inch Self-Propelled Mower a try. This gas engine mower will have you looking forward to cutting your grass every week because you’ll see great results.
- 159 cc gas-powered engine
- 21” cutting blade span
- Side eject of the clippings or mulching options
- Adjust deck height with dual levers to ensure level deck better-looking results
- Four 8” wheels
The Yard Machines 159cc 21 Inch Self-Propelled Mower is a favorite for homeowners with small-to-medium-sized yards.
This mower gives them the power in a lightweight size and maneuvers well even in smaller yards.
A 2-year limited warranty offers great buyers peace of mind although this machine is reliable, easy to use and navigate.
- Weighs in at 71.9 pounds, so virtually anyone can use this it
- The dual-levers ensure accurate adjustment, so your grass is cut very precisely and evenly
- 2-year limited warranty will give you peace of mind
- Cuts a 21” wide path
- Easy to start and non-snagging pull cord
- Front-wheel drive
- No speed adjustment
- No bagging option for the grass clippings
For the small yard, Yard Machines Self-Propelled Mower is a consumer favorite. It makes a beautiful looking and evenly cut lawn. Plus, you’ll enjoy knowing that your purchase is backed by a two-year limited warranty.
Remington RM130 Trail Blazer Gas Push Lawn Mower
- Powerful 140cc OHV engine with auto choke packs enough power to cut through the roughest grass
- Rust-resistant 21-inch steel deck gets the job done quickly and efficiently
- SureCut blade lifts and circulates as it cuts so you can mulch without clumps
- Dual-lever height adjuster with 6 height settings and adjustable grip so your lawn is the length you want it
- Durable 7-inch front and 8-inch rear wheels have sturdy treads for operating on uneven terrain
The Remington RM130 Trail Blazer 140cc 21 Inch 3-in-1 Push Mower is a gas engine lawn mower that will exceed the expectations of even the most fastidious homeowner. With adjustable comfort-grip handles, you might even begin to look forward to grass cutting day.
- 6 position dual-lever height adjusters
- Comfort-grip handles can be adjusted to keep you comfortable
- 21” span cutting blades
- 140cc gas-powered engine is great on gas
- 7” front wheels with 8” back wheels allow you to cut even in tight areas
- 3-in-1 functionality allows you to eject clippings to the side, a rear bag, or mulch
Easy to use and easy to start this mower is really great on gas due to the lower 140cc engine. There are 6 adjustable heights to choose from and the sure cut blade system makes for a clean cut every time.
The Remington RM130 Trail Blazer 140cc 21 Inch 3-in-1 Gas Push Mower will help you get your grass cut in no time flat and keep you comfortable as you complete the task.
- The Sure Cut blade system lifts the blades of grass to that you cut cleanly and ejects is evenly in your yard to prevent big clumps of grass
- Dual-lever height adjustments allow you to set the deck perfectly to cut grass evenly
- Rugged wheels can withstand even very bumpy terrain
- Easy to pull cord and fires up on the first try
- Bag is cumbersome to attach
- Rear wheels are only 8”
If you have a medium-sized yard that you want to cut quickly and comfortably, check out the Remington RM130 Trail Blazer 140cc 21 Inch 3-in-1 Gas Push Mower. You’ll be cutting like a pro.
Worx WG719 13 Amp Caster Wheeled Electric Lawn Mower
- Caster wheel design with locks provides extra maneuverability
- Steel cutting deck with premium mulching capabilities
- One-Touch fully collapsible handle and compact stand up storage
- Multiple cutting height adjustments for various conditions
- Foam padded comfort handle
If you prefer the convenience of an electric lawn mower over gas, take a look at the Worx WG719 13 Amp Caster Wheeled Electric Lawn Mower. Powered by corded electricity, it’s compact size but powerful cutting capabilities make it a favorite for homeowners who are tight on storage space.
- 3-in-1 mower can side-eject, mulch, or bag your grass clippings
- The caster wheels give you a zero-turn capability for precise mowing
- Folds up for compact storage
- Padded handle for comfort
- Deck height is adjustable with 7 height settings
- 19” blade span
The Worx W719 13 Amp Electric Lawn Mower is a popular choice for homeowners who have limited storage space and small yards.
It not only takes up a smaller footprint than a gas mower, but you also don’t need to store unsightly gasoline cans.
The smaller footprint also means smaller cutting blades at 19″ but if you have a more compact back yard then that won’t be an issue.
- Handle folds in tightly to make compact storage
- Super easy to make neat, tight turns in small yards due to the caster front wheels
- Adjust your cutting deck to 7 different heights to groom your lawn just as you wish
- Handle is padded to give you added comfort when cutting grass
- 19” cutting blades
- Lowest height setting is too high for some varieties of grass
For a compact electric mower that can cut cleanly and give your lawn a great look, give the Worx WG719 13 Amp Caster Wheeled Electric Lawn Mower a try.
Sun Joe iON16LM Cordless Lawn Mower
$216.73 in stock
2 used from $199.39
- No pull cords, gas, oil, tune-ups, carbon emissions or tangled extension cords
- Powerful brushless motor increases battery efficiency, maximizes motor performance, decreases noise and vibration and extends motor life
- Compact design ideal for small to mid-sized lawns. Cutting options - Bag and discharge chute
- 6-position height adjustment lever tailors grass cutting height from 1.18 to 3.15 Inch
- ETL approved; Energy Star certified.Deck Material:ABS Plastic
For extension cord-free and gasoline-free grass cutting, think about the Sun Joe iON16LM Cordless Lawn Mower. It’s an EnergyStar-certified lawn mower that makes your weekly lawn care a breeze.
- Rear-eject your grass clippings or bag them up for disposal
- Brushless motor to keep the unit running efficiently
- Height adjustable in 6 positions
- 40 minutes of run-time per use
- 19” span of cutting blades
The Sun Joe iON16LM offers you zero-carbon emission lawn care. If you’re trying to reduce your carbon footprint, this model is perfect for you.
The battery is 40volts and offers a running time of 40minutes. This is enough time to mow an entire small to medium-sized yard.
A simple push-button to start makes it very easy to use and the engine is very quiet. The blades are a bit smaller than other models at 19″ and this mower doesn’t offer mulching capabilities. However, it’s a great electric mower!
- 40-volt battery with 40 minutes of running time gives you a powerful enough charge to cut an entire small or medium-sized yard
- Adjust the cutting height in 6 positions from 1.18” to 3.15”
- Collect clippings in the 9.25-gallon collection bag or eject clippings
- Push-button start
- Quiet engine is considerate of the neighbors
- Zero-carbon emissions to reduce your carbon footprint
- Brushless motor lasts longer than other electric motors
- 40 minutes of run time limits use to a small to middle-sized yard
- Rear-eject of grass clippings blows grass all over your legs while you mow
- No mulching capability
- 19” blade span
The Sun Joe iON16LM is a unit for the environmentally-conscious homeowner who wants a great looking lawn without consuming fossil fuels or a corded mower.
Greenworks Corded Lawn Mower
$179.85 in stock
2 used from $160.03
- Durable 20-inch steel deck
- Powerful 12 amp motor cuts through the toughest grass
- Unlimited run-time with AC corded power
- Durable steel 21-inch cutting deck gets the job done quicker and more efficiently
- 3-in-1 system - mulch, rear bagging, and side discharge
The Greenworks Mower is a lightweight, easy-to-use corded electric lawn mower with 12 amps of power. For small backyards that need just a light touch, this is a convenient way to handle your weekly cutting needs.
- No waiting for charging, plug in and mow
- Fold-up handles mean you can easily store this mower in tight spaces
- 7 positions of deck height adjustment
- 20” mower blade span
- Start up with the touch of a button
- Light-weight 56 pounds
- Quiet electric operation
As this is purely electric the mower itself is very quiet and very easy to use – simply plug it in and off you go.
This is adjustable and has 7 different cutting positions. Lightweight and easy to use this mower also comes with a 4-year limited warranty which is great!
The Greenworks 20” Corded Mower 25022 is so lightweight that even those who with only limited capability can push this mower. Its ease of use makes cutting smaller yards quick and easy.
- Quiet motor due to electrical operation
- Rear eject or bag the grass clippings
- Can adjust the deck to 7 positions
- 7” front wheels with 10” rear wheels for easy maneuvering
- Light in weight, easy to push
- 4-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Rear ejecting clippings is messy and leaves grass clinging to your legs
- Ejection chute is narrow and needs regular cleaning to prevent clogs
If you want a reliable and simple to use corded mower, the Greenworks 20” 25022 model will help you get the job done reliably every week. In addition, the 4-year limited warranty will assure you that Greenworks will stand behind their equipment.
BLACK+DECKER MM2000 Mower
1 used from $158.53
- Push mower with 13-Amp motor for ample power in any overgrowth
- 20-inch 3-in-1 electric mower is great for mulching, bagging, and side discharge for multiple mowing modes
- EdgeMax deck design of the push lawn mower is made for close up to the edge cutting
- Single lever easily adjusts the height of cut with 7 settings between 1 1/2 inch- 4 inch
The Black + Decker MM2000 13 Amp Corded Mower gives the homeowners who want a lush-looking lawn in a flash everything that they want in a corded lawn mower. The built-in edging tool and 13-gallon collection bag give this lightweight electric mower all the tools you need.
- EdgeMax deck allows you to edge while you mow
- 20” wide cutting span
- 13 Amp motor will power through grass easily
- 7 height adjustments
- 3-in-1 functions: mulch, rear bag, or side eject the grass clippings
The reliable Black + Decker name is one that consumers have trusted for decades for over a century. You’re assured of high quality when you choose to invest in Black + Decker products.
Another very quiet to use mower, the corded option makes it very user-friendly. This design is very lightweight as well – yet another bonus for maneuverability.
- Lightweight mower weighs just over 46 pounds making it easy for anyone to use
- Save space by eliminating the need to store a separate edging tool thanks to the EdgeMax deck that edges your lawn
- 13 Amp motor cuts your grass cleanly to help keep your lawn healthy
- 7 height adjustments from 1 ½” to 4” grass height
- Folds up for storage in even a single car garage
- The light weight limits the use of this mower to lawns with very even surfaces, no heft to power over ridges or bumps
- Narrow ejection chute must be cleaned out frequently or else it will clog
- The lowest height setting is fairly high at 1 ½”
Black + Decker has been a world leader since 1910. Purchase the Black + Decker MM2000 13 Amp Corded Mower to experience this quality. In fact, Black + Decker stands behind this product with a 2-year limited warranty to assure you their ongoing commitment to quality.
Ryobi Cordless Push Lawn Mower
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 0600186761209|
|Product Group||Lawn & Patio|
|Product Type Name||OUTDOOR_LIVING|
|Title||Ryobi 13 13 in. ONE+ 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Battery Walk Behind Push Lawn Mower - 4.0 Ah Battery and Charger Included|
|UPC List||UPC List Element: 600186761209|
For those with the tiniest of storage spaces, you know the struggle of storing a lawn mower. You want the power to cut the grass but need a small unit that will handle the job. The Ryobi 13” ONE+ Cordless Lawn Mower is the tool for you. It is small in size but big on power.
- 13” cutting blade span
- 18-volt lithium-ion battery and charger
- 2-in-1 mulching or bagging features
- Weighs just 28 pounds
- Fold-down handle makes this mower easy to store in even the littlest space.
The cutting blade span on this cordless mower is only 13 inches which is something to consider if you have a decent backyard. For the smaller backyards, this mower is great!
Battery-powered the mower takes an 18-volt battery that is interchangeable with over 100 other power tools by Ryobi. This makes it very easy if they are the predominant tool in your tool shed.
When you need a lawn mower that will beautifully groom your lawn then store out of sight after the job is done, consider the Ryobi 13” ONE+ Cordless Lawn Mower. It’s the perfect solution for small yards.
- 18-volt ONE+ battery is interchangeable on over 100 other Ryobi power tools
- Compact size makes it perfect for making tight turns on small lawns
- 2-in-1 design: mulch your clippings or collect them in the included bag
- Takes up very little storage space
- 13” cutting deck
- So light that it must be used on smooth lawns as it doesn’t have the weight to power over bumpy surfaces
Homeowners with smaller lawns and small tool sheds want the same great looks as larger lawns. The Ryobi 13” ONE+ Cordless Lawn Mower will allow you to achieve that beauty but still save on storage space.
Sun Joe MJ502M Mow Joe Manual Ree Mower
- REEL MOWER: Powered with a push, this manual mower’s 5 sharpened steel blades cut a crisp 20-inch path in a single pass — no gas, oil or electricity required
- ADJUSTABLE: 9 position manual height adjustment for cutting heights up to 2.44 in. deep
- RAZOREEL: 5 durable steel blades swiftly slice through grass for precise cutting
- MANEUVERABILITY: Dual wheel design and sharp harden steel blades ensures accuracy and cutting efficiency
There are some homeowners who really and truly need only the most basic lawn mower for the most diminutive lawns. We didn’t forget you! After researching the best lawn mower for small yards, we decided to include the Sun Joe MJ502M in our list of the 13 Best Lawn Mowers under $300.
- 20” blade span
- 9 height positions
- Grass catcher
- No maintenance needed
This is a true man-powered push behind reel mower. No need to find an outlet or store a can of gasoline. Pull it out of storage and push to cut your grass in just a few minutes.
Simplistic in design and use this mower will perform time and time again. There’ll be no need for maintenance and a 6-gallon bag is included to catch any clippings.
- 20” cutting width
- Manual height adjustment
- Maintenance-free lawn mower
- 6-gallon bag catches the grass clippings to leave your yard clean
- No mechanical break downs
- Low noise operation
- Manual push
- Handle is not adjustable for comfort
For those of you who have very small lawns and want a lawn mower that won’t break down, the Sun Joe MJ502M might be the best lawn mower for you. Moreover, this product comes with a 2-year full warranty.
GDPOWER Self-Propelled Gas Lawn Mower
- 【Working Width】Durable 20-inch steel cutting deck.
- 【Cylinder Capacity】Powered by a 161cc OHV engine to get the job done quickly.
- 【Cutting Height】Features 8 grade cutting heights (1-3 inch) that let you cut the grass down to the ideal size.
- 【Multi-Function】Designed with a 4-in-1 capability to rear bag, side discharge, mulching and rear discharge .
- 【Wheel Size】Equipped with 7 x 10-inch wheels on the front and rear for easy control while mowing.
The GDPower 161cc 4-in-1 Self-Propelled Gas Lawn Mower gives you the ability to fully customize your grass-cutting experience to suit your lawn care needs. It’s flexibility and performance combine to create a user experience that homeowners are raving about.
- 4-in-1 functionality: side eject, bag, mulch, or rear-eject your grass clippings
- 11” rear wheels for great control when using
- 161 cc gas engine makes for effortless mowing
- 20” cutting blade span
- 8 adjustable cutting heights
A slightly smaller cutting blade span than the other models although 1″ is barely noticeable. This machine has a very large bagging feature of 65L which means you can mow uninterrupted for longer.
Eight cutting positions to choose from and an ergonomically designed handle means you’ll be cutting comfortably and efficiently.
Users love the flexibility and the features that are built-in. Indeed, these are rare on lawn mowers under $300.
- Large 65L bagging feature allows you to cut longer before emptying the bag
- 11” rear wheels make the mower easy to maneuver
- 8 cutting positions mean you can customize the cut to your type of grass
- Self-propelled 162 cc gas engine is sturdy and reliable
- 4-in-1 grass collection/mulching options
- Starts easily with the pull cord
- Comfortable, ergonomically-designed handle makes cutting grass easier on you
- Cutting blade is only 20”
- 1-year limited warranty rather than 2-years
For those homeowners who are particular about their lawn care and want to fully customize the outcome, the GDPower 4-in-1 Self-Propelled Lawn Mower offers you the flexibility that you have wished for.
Key Information About Affordable Lawn Mowers
Cutting Diameters: Size Matters!
When you’re reading reviews, you’ll always see a reference to the blade width or blade span. This measurement refers to the cutting diameter of the blades as they are rotating.
Here’s a good rule of thumb. The smaller the yard, the smaller the diameter you will find acceptable. You would not want to cut a medium to large yard with a 13” or 14” lawn mower. On the flip side, a 21” cutting blade would be overkill for the tiny yard of a townhome.
Match the diameter of the blades to your yard size, as follows:
- Medium to large-sized yard: 21” minimum cutting diameter.
- A truly medium-sized yard: 20”-21” minimum blade width.
- Small to medium yard: 18”-20” minimum blade span.
- Tiny to small yard: under 18” blade size.
Gas vs Electric Lawn Mowers
Gas vs electric lawn mowers is a debate that most homeowners have a definite opinion on. Some insist that the power of a gas mower can’t be beaten; others love the environmental implications of an electric mower. The truth of it is that it’s a preference but is largely determined by the size of your yard and the roughness of the terrain. Therefore, let’s look at the top 3 pros and cons of each type:
Gas Lawn Mower Pros:
- More durable than electric mower models.
- Better for a large yard due to cord length or fairly short battery life.
- Larger engines deliver more power for rugged yards or tough weeds.
Gas Lawn Mower Cons:
- Noisy to operate.
- Combustion engines require ongoing maintenance.
- Power cords can be difficult for some users to start.
Electric Lawn Mower Pros:
- No exhaust fumes or pollution while operating.
- Quieter operation of the mower.
- Lighter in weight due to their motors being smaller than gas engines.
Electric Lawn Mower Cons:
- Don’t work for larger lawns due to the power needs.
- Might not be able to evenly cut through thicker grass varieties.
- Repair is more specialized than gas engine repair shops; a repair service might be more difficult to locate.
There are a large number of lawn mowers to choose from in today’s market. Knowing what your needs are before you shop is critical to helping you make a perfect choice. Consider your yard size, the engine type you prefer, the type of grass and your terrain are all important considerations.
Use our research on the 13 Best Lawn Mowers Under $300 and you will be well on your way to narrowing the field and finding the lawn mower that will help you conquer the weekly chore of grass cutting reliable and with the most convenience.
Best Lawn Mowers Under $300
Choosing a lawn mower for under $300 is made easier through this post! Read through our detailed reviews before making your purchase.
- Troy-Bilt TB330 Self-Propelled Lawnmower
- Husqvarna 21" Push Lawn Mower
- Craftsman 37430 Briggs and Stratton
- PowerSmart DB8621S Gas Self Propelled Mower
- Yard Machines 159cc Self-Propelled Mower
- GDPOWER Self-Propelled Gas Lawn Mower
- Remington RM130 Trail Blazer Gas Push Lawn Mower
- Worx WG719 13 Amp Caster Wheeled Electric Lawn Mower
- Sun Joe iON16LM Cordless Lawn Mower
- Greenworks Corded Lawn Mower
- BLACK+DECKER MM2000 Mower
- Ryobi Cordless Push Lawn Mower
- Sun Joe MJ502M Mow Joe Manual Ree Mower