Owning a cat can be rather easy compared to most pets. They are independent, eat fairly simple cat food, do not need to go on walks, and use the bathroom indoors. You just set up the litter box in a bathroom or corner of a room and you are good to go.
Even though their bathroom needs are simple, you still need to worry about making sure you have a good quality litter in the litterbox. Not every litter stops odor or prevents cats from making a mess.
When you invest in the best non-tracking cat litter not only are you paying for strong odor protection and clumping power, but you are also preventing your feline friends from tracking the litter out of the litterbox onto your floors.
If you pride yourself in a clean home then you will greatly appreciate that feature. If you are switching to a non-tracking litter, consider picking one of the litters listed.
Best Non-Tracking Cat Litter
World's Best Cat Litter
$27.95 in stock
- OUTSTANDING ODOR CONTROL — Keep your cat’s litter box smelling fresh thanks to a natural unscented litter with long-lasting odor control.
- QUICK CLUMPING & EASY SCOOPING — No more chiseling and scraping thanks to a fast-acting natural litter that leaves less mess in and around your litter box.
- FLUSHABLE* - SEPTIC SAFE — Skip the trip to the trash with a lightweight litter that’s Tested and proven flushable* and safe for septic and sewer systems!
- LIGHTWEIGHT & 99% DUST FREE — Naturally free of silica dust, this lightweight cat litter offers low tracking and less mess — so you and your cat can breathe easy.For the best results, do NOT mix with a non-clumping litter
- PET, PEOPLE & PLANET FRIENDLY — A naturally safe litter made from whole-kernel corn that offers no harmful chemicals and no artificial perfumes.
When World’s Best Cat Litter says they’re the best, their high-quality cat litter backs up their claim.
- Odor Control
- Quick Clumping
- Cat Safe Materials
- 99% Dust-free
Coming as either unscented, scented, and for multi-cats, you will be sure to find the right litter. This litter is made of whole-kernel corn which is safe for cats while also acting as a quick clumping agent for an easier clean.
As the litter is a larger size that means it will not get stuck to your cat’s fur and that it will come off easier from your cat’s paws when they are hiding their business.
The dust-free material is ideal for cat owners who struggle with allergies but can’t live without a cat in the home.
- Flushable—Septic Tank Safe
- One bag can last over four months for a single cat
- Unscented type does not conceal odor as good
- The texture may be unpleasant to some cats
Cats can easily shift and use the lightweight litter for a more efficient use. You won’t even realize your cat has gone thanks to the tough odor control. Keep both your house and your cat clean by using the World’s Best Cat Litter cat-friendly litter.
Cats Incredible Lucy Pet Litter
$18.90 in stock
- BREAKTHROUGH TECHNOLOGY: Lucy Pet Clumping Cat Litter with Smell Squasher technology is a non-toxic, fast-acting clumping clay that neutralizes ammonia rapidly to prevent any extreme smells from settling around the litter box. The extra-absorbent clumps limit wetness in the box and prevent any unnecessary messes in your home. When you scoop, virtually no dust is given off, making the clean-up process quick and easy.
- NATURAL AND SAFE INGREDIENTS: We start with natural, super-premium grade sodium bentonite clumping clay from the USA which produces firm, easy-to-scoop clumps. Available in Unscented & Light Lavender scent. Non-toxic, safe for cats & kittens. Unlike other litters on the market, Cats Incredible litter does not contain forms of borate or boric acid. Cats Incredible is used & recommended by leading Veterinarians because of its prevention of potentially toxic ammonia. Made in the USA.
- ODOR BLOCKING FORMULA: Cats Incredible has breakthrough patent-pending technology that prevents the formation of ammonia—a key contributor to litter box odors. Designed to help keep your litter box fresher and your home smelling cleaner, without an additional scent. For cat owners looking for the best cat litter odor prevention available, Cats Incredible with Smell Squasher is the clear and safe choice for their furry companions.
- EASY TO POUR SPOUT: The jug is a single-handle, container with a top spout for an easy pour of the litter. The handle is sturdy and reinforced for comfort, making it a breeze to full up the litter box. Durable and long-lasting materials making it simple to store your litter wherever it is most accessible for you.
- LUCY PET ADVOCATES FOR ANIMALS: Committed to helping animals by donating to the Lucy Pet Foundation, whose mission is to reduce pet overpopulation and support other animal welfare causes. 100% of all lucy pet products help fund the Lucy Pet Foundation, which offers free spay and neuter services in a mobile clinic.
Veterinarians approve that Lucy’s Pet Cats Incredible is a top-notch non-tracking cat litter.
- 99% dust-free
- Ammonia blocking
Premium sodium bentonite clumping clay is all naturally harvested in the USA. The fine particles clump quickly to your cat’s waste but not to your cat. That means that your cat’s paws will stay clean and so will your home.
The litter is also 99% dust-free, which means less of an allergen trigger for both the owner and the cats themselves.
An ammonia blocking additive, called the Smell Squasher, is non-toxic and safe for cats and kittens, in case of accidental ingestion, and eliminates the smell and buildup of ammonia naturally created from a cat’s waste.
- Percentage of purchases goes towards offering free spay and neuter mobile clinics
- Recyclable and Non-Pollutant
- Heavy litter can be unpleasant to some cats
Not only will the cats benefit from having the fast clumping litter, but the owners as well will not have to smell or see the waste, and can take longer to change the old litter for some fresh litter. Help teach your cat proper litterbox behavior by starting with Lucy’s Pet Cats Incredible quality litter.
ökocat Super Soft Natural Wood Clumping Litter
$32.00 in stock
- Natural Cat Litter: Our next-generation, plant-based, premium clumping, super soft cat litter is purrrfect for cats with sensitive paws or even kittens, with a texture similar to clay for easy transitioning
- Exceptional Odor Control: Wood fiber naturally prevents enzymes from bonding with liquid and waste to stop the creation of ammonia and odor
- Clumping Litter: Precision cut wood fiber absorbs liquid on contact, forming solid, easy-to-scoop clumps that make cleaning the litter box quick and easy
- 99 percent Dust-Free: Our low-dust cat litter is made from clean wood fiber that has been screened and de-dusted for a cleaner pour and a healthier home and no dirty clay dust
- Natural Cat Litter: Our sustainable cat litter is free of artificial fragrance, synthetic chemicals, toxic dyes, and GMOs; unlike clay, our biodegradable, compostable cat litter degrades quickly and cleanly
Both your cat and the environment will benefit from having your cat use the Ӧkocat Clumping Litter.
- More absorbency
- 7-day odor control
- Made of naturally harvested wood
Reclaimed and recycled all-natural wood provides a safer and faster clumping action amongst other beneficial traits. It is lightweight so it is neither a backache for you to lift or your cat to use.
You won’t have to worry about your cat dragging the litter out of the box as it is fine enough to clump but big enough to be easily shaken off before your cat leaves their litter box.
With the claimed 500% more absorbency you won’t have to worry about constantly changing the litter to avoid any strong smells.
Not that you would have to worry about odor being an issue as the wood creates a natural odor control that can last up to seven days; for busy owners who need the extra time this is a major plus.
- Lasts between 2-3 months per change depending on the number of cats
- Recyclable and biodegradable
- Can potentially not block all odors.
Your cats and your home will thank you when you use the Ӧkocat non-tracking cat litter.
Boxiecat Extra Strength Premium Clumping Clay Cat Litter
$25.87 in stock
- VETERINARIAN RECOMMENDED: Ranked best odor control in veterinary professional study
- ADVANCED PROBIOTIC-POWERED ODOR CONTROL: Stops odors before they start
- IDEAL FOR CATS ON A HIGH PROTEIN DIET: Multiple cats and cats with odor issues
- 99.9% DUST-FREE: New and improved Ultra low dust formula, ideal for allergies, hypo-allergenic
- 2X LONGER LASTING: Use less, save more
Boxiecat only uses premium clay with no added fragrances, dyes, or chemicals. Make sure your cat litter has more clumping control without risking a messy house.
- Odor control technology
- Fast clumping action
- Low tracking granules
- Longer lasting
Its fine and soft granules are easy on a cat’s sensitive paws while also being resistant to tracking outside of the box and also being 99% dust-free to avoid triggering any allergic reactions.
When your cat goes you will know as it clumps hard and quickly on top, which makes for easier scooping without the hassle of searching for the mess.
Natural and safe probiotic odor control stops odors before they start so you might even forget you even have a litterbox in the room.
This litter also lasts two times longer than most cat litters and practically feels like new even with multiple cleanings.
- Veterinarian Recommended
- Ideal for multiple cats and cats on a high protein diet
- Litter size granules can get stuck on cats with longer hair.
- Can let some scent escape depending on the cat’s diet
Have less to worry about by reducing the need to constantly change litter when using Boxiecat a top-quality litter.
Dr. Elsey's Cat Ultra Premium Clumping Cat Litter
- NOTE: Item package indicates weight in both Kg and lb. 40 Lb is equal to 18.14 Kg. Fill clean, dry litter box with 3″ to 4″ of Dr. Elsey’s litter. Scoop waste twice daily and refill box as necessary. Replace entire box once a month. Dispose of used litter in trash. DO NOT FLUSH
- 99.9% dust free, hypo-allergenic natural litter to keep your surfaces clean and perfect for families who suffer from allergies
- Hard clumping, medium-grain clay makes it the perfect clumping litter that helps prevent moisture
- Multi-cat formula and superior odor control keeps your home smelling clean and fresh day in and day out
- Ideal for sifting and mechanical litter boxes so it's easier for you to dispose of your kitty's waste
Don’t skip out on quality litter for your cat when using Dr. Elsey’s Ultra cat litter. The all-natural cat litter uses heavy, dust-free, non-tracking granules that act fast when clumping but doesn’t stick to your cat’s feet for a better, non-tracking experience.
- Natural material
- 99% dust-free
- Fast clumping
The litter clumps fast, within seconds of use, which prevents moisture from seeping to the bottom of the litterbox and making daily cleans easier with no struggle to pry stuck clumps off.
No perfumes or deodorants are added to the litter so it is safer for your cat. Even without an added perfume, the litter is more than capable to stop and contain strong odors with no extra struggle on your part.
If you happen to have a cat with allergies they will be able to safely use this litter as there are no extra plant proteins added to the litter.
- Can be used safely in sifting and mechanical litter boxes
- Durable enough to be used with more than one cat
- Litter can get stuck to a cat’s paw if the cat has wet paws before using the litter
Your cat, or cats, will keep their mess where it should without tracking it around your clean home with Dr. Elsey’s Ultra cat litter.
Arm & Hammer Clump & Seal Platinum Litter
- 10% more odor eliminators than our clump & Seal fresh scent
- 100% dust free platinum formula
- Patented formula seals and destroys odors on contact. Rock hard clumps
- Our Largest Size
Don’t settle for mediocre cat litter, strive for a top-quality litter like the Arm & Hammer Platinum cat litter.
- Non-Tracking granules
- 100% dust-free
- 7-day odor control
- Fast clumping action
Plant-based litter granules are 100% dust-free so no allergen triggering dust clouds are raised whenever your cat uses their litterbox.
Its fast-acting, moisture activated micro clumping granules seals tightly around cat waste to create a hard clump for an easier clean; no more having to shift and search deep into the litterbox for the waste.
It would not be an Arm & Hammer brand if it did not include their baking soda into the mix to destroy odors on contact and even prevent odors from escaping for up to a week.
- Ideal for multi-cat homes
- Long-lasting for several months
- Cat litter can produce an odor not related to cat waste
- Not ideal for cats with plant allergies
Their litter granules also stick less to the cat and stay where it should be, not spread around your home. Waste not with the Arm & Hammer odor blocking and long-lasting cat litter.
Purina Yesterday's News Unscented Cat Litter
- Sold as "Purina Yesterday's News Non Clumping Paper Cat Litter, Unscented, 5 Pounds (Pack of 6)"
- Absorbs 3x the moisture by volume than traditional clay-based litter
- Delivers effective odor control
- No added fragrance
For a high quality, eco-friendly cat litter, consider using Purina Yesterday’s Newspaper cat litter.
- Made of recycled material
- Strong odor control
- 99% dust-free
- No added chemicals
This litter is made completely of recycled paper which makes the litter itself recyclable and a positive impact on reducing landfill waste.
Due to being made of recycled paper, it provides 3x more absorbency when compared to clay cat litter.
The pellet-like size makes this litter ideal for those wanting a non-tracking litter since there are no small particles to get stuck to your cat’s paw and fur.
No added fragrances mean that this litter is safe for sensitive cat skins while still providing strong odor control.
It’s paper material also reduces the amount of dust picked up from using the litter to avoid triggering any allergies in owners and the cats themselves.
- S. Veterinarian Recommended
- Made of all-natural materials
- Needs to be fully changed weekly
- Pellet shape may not be liked by some cats
Keep your cat’s waste where it needs to be while also being a positive contributor to helping reduce waste with the Purina Yesterday’s News paper cat litter.
Fresh Step Ultra Unscented Litter
- ODOR CONTROL CAT LITTER: Bacterial Protection with activated charcoal and specially formulated to prevent the growth bacterial odor on the litter. 10 Days Odor Control Guaranteed
- MULTI-CAT CLUMPING LITTER: Fight litter box odors with our easy to scoop, unscented clumping clay cat litter
- LOW DUST LITTER: For cleaner surfaces and clearer air, we developed a low dust formula
- SCOOPABLE KITTY LITTER: Lock in liquid and odor on contact with this ultra tight clumping formula that prevents stinky crumbles from being left behind
- FRESH STEP CAT LITTER: Made for extreme litter box odors, this unscented Fresh Step scoopable cat litter is created with your cats health and happiness in mind
Have a fresher smelling home and a high-quality litter all in one when using the Fresh Step Unscented cat litter.
- Low Dust
- No added chemicals
- 10-day odor control
Though unscented, this litter is still able to control odors and prevent bacterial growth for up to ten days. How? By utilizing natural odor-neutralizing plant extracts such as activated charcoal to trap and eliminate even the harshest of odors, and having activated carbon to prevent any odor buildup throughout the day.
Their litter granules are big enough to do what they need to without getting trapped on your cat’s feet and being tracked around the house.
The filler-free clay provides tight clumps that keep the waste together and prevents broken lumps or crumbs from developing.
- Multi-cat strength
- Can be used for more than cat waste such as oil/grease clean up, sidewalk traction, and trash can freshening
- Heavy litter granules may not be ideal for some cats
From a single cat home to a multi-cat home, you will surely be able to see the improvements in your litterbox control when using Fresh Step Unscented cat litter.
PetSafe Non Clumping Crystal Cat Litter
$20.95 in stock
1 used from $32.58
- LIGHT LAVENDER SCENT: Lightly scented litter is soothing for both you and your cat
- COMPATIBLE LITTER BOXES: Works with any traditional litter box and the PetSafe ScoopFree Reusable Litter Tray
- CONVENIENT PORTIONS: Includes two pre-portioned bags of premium PetSafe crystal litter with lavender scent ready for use (each bag weighs 4.5 lb.)
- UNBEATABLE ODOR CONTROL: Absorbs urine and dries solid waste for 5x better odor control than clumping clay litters
- LESS MESS: Premium PetSafe crystal litter is low-tracking and 99% dust-free
Reduce the struggle of cleaning your cat’s litter box by using a high-quality litter in the first place, like the PetSafe ScoopFree cat litter.
- Lavender Scent
- Odor control
- Clumping Litter
PetSafe’s premium crystal litter granules absorb urine and dry solid waste 5x faster than competing litter brands for better odor control.
The clumping action keeps the waste inside the litterbox without getting caught on your cat’s paws, resulting in little to no traction and a cleaner home. You won’t have to suffer from any allergen triggering dust clouds as the litter is 99% dust-free.
Although it is best used with the PetSafe ScoopFree Self Cleaning Litter Box, it can still be used with traditional litter boxes. With the light lavender scent, the worry of coming home to a stinking home will be no more.
- Product manufactured by a pet-loving industry
- Manufactured in the USA
- Full potential only when used with the litterboxes and trays of the same brand
- Added scent not ideal for cats with allergies or sensitive skin
With the lovely lavender scent, you will enjoy using PetSafe ScoopFree cat litter in your cat’s litter box.
SmartCat All Natural Clumping Litter
- Out Clumps Clay Everyday
- "No Smell Can't Tell" Odor Control
- Made 100% out of Grass Seed. Transition Instructions-Use 50/50 mix of new litter with existing for one week. After that, use new litter exclusively
- GMO-Free product, Fragrance-Free, 99% Dust Free, Chemical-Free, Biodegradable - Renewable
All-natural clumping doesn’t have to be just clay, as SmartCat All Natural litter proves.
- 100% made of grass
- Fast Clumping
- Strong Odor control
Even though this litter is made entirely out of grass, it still clumps better and faster than traditional clay litters.
The clumping action works quickly to harden around urine and waste for an easier clean. Since it is made of grass, the litter granules are soft on cat paws but do not stick to them, which means no litter traction around the house.
The litter is fragrance-free but still traps odor-causing bacteria to prevent any strong smells from developing.
- Eco-Friendly, biodegradable, and renewable
- Made of grass harvested in the USA
- The texture may not be ideal for some cats
For the cats with sensitive skin or allergies SmartCat All Natural litter is chemical-free and 99% dust-free. The lightweight design is easy to carry, clean, and ideal for multi-cat homes. Give your cat an odor-controlling litter that is safe for cats of all sensitivity levels.
Key Information About Cat Litter
You may know which litter brands are some of the best to use, but if you do not know how to maintain it, or even why you need non-tracking cat litter, then you won’t be able to utilize the full benefits of the cat litter.
Why do you Need Non-Tracking Cat Litter?
Non-tracking cat litter is important for keeping litter in the litterbox and not spread across your home. Litters that have larger or finer granules have a tendency to clump around cat waste and not to the cats themselves, which is ideal.
There’s nothing worse than having to clean up litter granules that get stuck in carpets or scrape up tile and wooden floors. Non-tracking cat litter also helps keep your cat’s paws and fur clean without risking them accidentally ingesting the cat litter while self-grooming.
How do you Maintain Cat Litter?
Cat litter is rather easy to maintain once you know the proper technique. You want to start with a clean, dry cat litter box. Once you have the litterbox, fill it with the litter till it is around 2”-3” deep. If the litter is too deep or too light then the cat may not want to use it.
From there, daily spot cleans in the morning and evening should be enough to keep the litter clean. If the litter level lowers add more litter to keep the depth. If you keep up the consistent cleaning schedule, then you will only have to do a full litter change monthly, meaning you will be saving more and using less.
How do you Litter Train a Cat?
Litter training a new cat or kitten can be rather easy. Cats are naturally clean animals with an instinct to hide their waste. The easiest step to start with is to simply place the cat in the litter box after they eat or had a good play so they can feel the litter and know it is their bathroom. Do not move the litterbox from the spot, but if you do, repeat the step. But sometimes, that is not enough for cats. For smaller cats or kittens, use a litter box with low edges so they can easily enter and leave the litter boxes. You can switch to higher walled litterboxes for larger cats but avoid litter boxes that are completely closed off as it can deter the cat from using them either from fear or because they are put off by the trapped odors of their own waste.
Litter is also an important factor as some cats can be picky about textures and scents. Since cats are more sensitive to smells than we are the light perfumes we smell can be an extreme annoyance for cats and the cats may end up making a mess elsewhere. As for textures, you’re going to have to experiment and see how your cat reacts until you get an idea of what texture and materials your cats react to best.
The most important tip in making sure your cat uses their litter box is to simply keep it clean. You can keep the litter clean with daily cleaning scooping and litter box maintenance. Ideally, cat litterboxes should be changed every six months to prevent any bacterial buildup that could harm the cat. If your cat’s litter box and litter are not clean then your cats will end up relieving themselves elsewhere.
With these techniques, you should have a litter trained cat in no time.
Choosing the right cat litter does not have to be as big a hassle as it seems. When you know what you are looking for out of cat litter you can narrow down the many litter brands to the top ones that fit your needs.
Ideally, you should look out for litters with no added chemicals, clumps easily, is dust-free and provides all-natural odor control. You can use litters that have an added scent only if you know if your cat has no allergies or does not mind the smell.
The material of your cat litter matters as well. Some materials are better at clumping, others better at absorptions, and others are even safer for the environment. You can try one of the suggested products or use them as a guide for picking out the best litter from the brands available to you locally. Your cat may not take quickly to a litter change, but that’s normal. Just persistently encourage the cat and praise them when they use the new litter successfully.
Best Non Tracking Cat Litter
Does your cat do its business then track kitty litter all through the house? Investing in the best non tracking cat litter is key to avoid this! Read through our reviews before making your purchase.
- World's Best Cat Litter
- Cats Incredible Lucy Pet Litter
- ökocat Super Soft Natural Wood Clumping Litter
- Boxiecat Extra Strength Premium Clumping Clay Cat Litter
- Dr. Elsey's Cat Ultra Premium Clumping Cat Litter
- Arm & Hammer Clump & Seal Platinum Litter
- Purina Yesterday's News Unscented Cat Litter
- Fresh Step Ultra Unscented Litter
- PetSafe Non Clumping Crystal Cat Litter
- SmartCat All Natural Clumping Litter