For those with small lawns with Bermuda grass, a reel pushmower is often the easiest option for lawn care. This is especially true if you have a tiny storage area as you eliminate the need to house gasoline cans, oils, and a bulkier model of lawnmower. If you’re wondering about how to identify the best reel mower for Bermuda grass, you’re in luck!
In addition to being space-saving, there are other advantages of using a reel mower versus an electric or gas-powered mower. Those advantages are as follows:
- Quieter to operate.
- Reduces your carbon footprint.
- No engine maintenance.
- Save money on fuels.
- Less initial investment in your lawnmower.
The Ram Research team has done the investigation into various reel mowers, and we’ve identified the ones that give you the best options for making a purchase of the best reel mower for Bermuda grass.
Best Reel Mower for Bermuda Grass
American Reel Lawn Mower
$81.28 in stock
5 used from $74.78
- 4-blade reel with a cutting width of 14” and durable 8.5” polymer wheels for maximum maneuverability
- Mechanical lawn mower with an adjustable blade height of 0.5”-1.75” with scissor action cut
- Manual grass cutter blades made of heat-treated alloy steel that stays sharp for years
- Environment-friendly alternative to gas-powered lawn mowers which is pollution-free and noise-free; Low maintenance, lightweight and easy to use
- Capable of cutting grass up to 4 inches tall
The American Lawn Mower 1204-14 14” Push Reel Lawn Mower is not only the best reel mower for Bermuda grass, but it also happily snips away at other turf grasses such as ryegrass, fescue, and bluegrass.
- 14” blade span
- 4 blades
- Cutting deck adjusts from ½” to 1 ½”
- Sturdy polymer wheels roll easily
- Steel reel
- Weighs only 20 pounds
Its compact size and precision blades will make short work of your grass cutting chores, and let you move on to your fun weekend activities.
The American Lawn Mower 1204-14 holds the distinction of being “Amazon’s Choice” in the category for push reel/manual lawn mowers.
- Light in weight, so it’s easy to operate
- Sharp, good-quality steel blades hold an edge for a year or more
- Wheels make it easy to maneuver even on steeper yards
- 90 day warranty gives you peace of mind as you start using the product
- Only two wheels can make this less stable
- Warranty is only for 90 days
- 14” cutting path is considered quite small by most standards
- No bag for grass clippings
With a 90 day warranty and knowing that this is Amazon’s Choice for best push reel mower, you can invest with confidence!
Craftsman Reel Mower
- Overall Dimensions:25.6" x 18.3" x 10.8"
- Item Weight (lbs.):29.3
- Cutting Height Adjustment Type:Side Levers
- Handle Material:Steel - Foam Padded
When you see the Craftsman name on any product, you probably realize that you’re in for a treat! The Craftsman brand is synonymous with high-quality tools that make your life easier.
- 10” front wheels
- 5 blades
- 6” rear wheels
- 18” cutting path
- Rear eject with a 9.25-gallon clipping collection bag
- Foam padded handle
- Side lever adjustment
- 9 position height adjustments
- 2-year warranty
With thoughtful ergonomic additions like a padded handle and rear wheels to make cutting the grass a more pleasant chore, you might even begin to look forward to grass-cutting day again. This is the best push reel mower for the person who wants a perfectly manicured lawn.
You can masterfully craft your lawn with precision, thanks to the 9 height adjustments which are set with an easy to use side lever.
- 5 precision blades make clean cuts
- 4 wheels for superb stability when mowing
- Collect the grass clippings in the bag, and you won’t need to rake up the mess
- Enjoy the comfort of padded handles
- Deck height adjusts from ¾” to 2 ½”
- 2 year limited warranty
- Sticks tend to get stuck in the blades
- Blade squeals with first few uses (a dab of oil before first use could solve the problem)
Craftsman is so confident in this product that they back it with a two-year warranty. You’re assured of quality if you decide that this is the best manual push mower for your home.
Hyper Tough Reel Mower
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 0798753246515|
|Product Group||Lawn & Patio|
|Product Type Name||OUTDOOR_LIVING|
|Title||Hyper Tough 1816-18HT 18" 5 Blade Reel Mower with Trailing Wheels|
|UPC List||UPC List Element: 798753246515|
Hyper Tough. The name practically says it all! This is considered by many to be the best reel mower for Bermuda grass and other tough grasses. It will also power through robust weeds like dandelions with ease.
- 18” blade span
- 3 adjustable deck heights from 1” to 3”
- Simple turn knob to adjust the deck
- 5 blades
- 10” front wheels
- 6” rear wheels
- Loop handle is cushioned for your comfort
- Rear grass ejection
With an 18” cutting path and steel blades that make clean cuts, you’ll be able to make even a challenging lawn look clean and pristine.
Hyper Tough engineered a reel mower that is tough on grass but soft on the operator due to the comfortable handle and rear wheels.
- 5 tough steel blades power through the thickest grasses and weeds
- 4 wheels for added stability when operating
- Easy to turn the deck height from 1 to 3 inches with the turn of a know
- Handle is padded comfortably to eliminate fatigued hands
- No bag to collect the grass clippings
- Some assembly is required
If you have Bermuda or other tough grasses, this mower makes the list of best manual push mowers. It gives you the capability to power through and makes your yard look fantastic. Give it a try and you’ll agree that this is a game-changer for your yard.
Great States Hand Reel Push Lawn Mower
- Small push lawn mower with 4-blade reel and 14" cutting width; 8.5" polymer wheels provide optimal maneuverability
- Manual push reel mower with an adjustable blade height of 1”-1.75” with scissor-action cut
- 14-in lawn mower blades made of heat-treated alloy steel that stays sharp for years and can be sharpened when necessary
- Planet-friendly alternative to a gas-powered push mower that does not require extensive maintenance, oil, or gas
- Push lawnmower that is low maintenance, lightweight, and easy to use
For keeping the tiniest lawns in impeccable shape, homeowners strive to find the best reel lawn mower. The Great States 204-14 14” 5 Blade Push Reel Mower might be the answer that you’ve been looking for.
- 5 blade reel mower
- 14” blade span
- Weighs in at 19.9 pounds
- 8 ½” tough polymer wheels
- Cutting deck raises from ½” to 1 ½”
- One year warranty
It’s compact and lightweight. In fact, it’s just under 20 pounds. It’s so light that you can even install hooks on your garage wall and safely hang it up for storage!
Don’t let the small size fool you! This product consistently receives high marks across the board on reel mower reviews.
- 5 blades make a clean cut
- Light in weight for easy hang-up storage
- Adjustable deck height allows you to customize your lawn care program
- One year manufacturer’s warranty
- Deck only adjusts to 1 ½” which can be too low a setting during a drought
- 14” cutting path is on the smaller side
- While a bagger is available from the manufacturer, it’s not included with the mower
If you have a small garage and no space to store a lawn mower, your worry is over. This could be the best push reel mower for you because its low weight allows it to securely hang to store away. What’s more, you have a one year warranty from Great States to back up the purchase.
Fiskars Reel Mower
$198.20 in stock
1 used from $188.29
- Make lawn mowing enjoyable with an advanced reel mower that’s 60% easier to push than other reel mowers
- InertiaDrive reel is designed for all grass types, delivering twice the cutting power to glide through tough spots and StaySharp cutting system cuts without unwanted contact, greatly reducing wear for long-lasting performance
- New reversible grass chute can be positioned to direct clippings forward, away from your feet, or backward and downward
- StaySharp cutting system cuts without unwanted contact, greatly reducing wear for long-lasting performance without costly annual blade sharpening
- Inset wheels allow the blades to extend across the mower’s full width, eliminating uncut strips and edges near foundations and fences
The Fiskars Reel Mower StaySharp Max is thought of as the best reel mower for Bermuda grass, Bahia St. Augustine’s, and Zoysia. These are the classic drought-resistant varieties of grasses that are tough enough to withstand abuse like the ravages of the sun, drought, and wimpy blades.
- 18” cutting path
- Upgraded InertiaDrive reel design
- Inset wheels for accurate edging
- Reversible grass chute
- StaySharp blade technology
- Blade height adjustment lever
- Weighs 51.7 pounds
- Comfortable loop style handle
With StaySharp blades, your grass will look great mowing after mowing. And the inset wheels allow you to edge as you cut, skipping an extra step needed to make your yard look fantastic.
- InertiaDrive reel design makes this mower 60% easier to push than other models
- Reversible grass chute allows you to throw grass backward or forwards
- Wheels are inset so you can cut all the way to the edge of your sidewalk or driveway and eliminate the need for manual edging
- Lever-controlled deck height adjustment is easy to use
- Limited lifetime warranty from Fiskars
- No collection bag for the grass clippings
- Weighs almost 52 pounds, could be too heavy for some users
Fiskars has long been known as an industry leader in lawn cutting tools, shears, and clippers. They back their products with a limited lifetime guarantee, and this push mower is no different! You’ll have peace of mind with this purchase because you are backed by the Fiskars warranty.
Fiskars Staysharp Push Reel Lawn Mower
1 used from $122.64
- The smart design of our eco-friendly reel mower offers a cleaner cut without the hassles of gasoline, oil, battery charging, electrical cords or loud engine noise
- A combination of advanced technologies make the StaySharp Reel Mower 30 percent easier to push than other reel mowers
- Patent-pending InertiaDrive Reel delivers 50 percent more cutting power to blast through twigs, weeds and tough spots that would jam other reel mowers
- Lifetime warranty
If you live in extremely close quarters and want to be courteous to your neighbors, the Fiskars Staysharp Reel Mower may be the best reel lawn mower for you.
- 30% easier to push than other reel mowers
- Lifetime warranty
- Variable deck heights
- 17” blade span
Not only will you be the quietest neighbor on the block, but you will also have the best looking lawn. This is because the precise blades of the Fiskars will leave your yard looking perfectly groomed with every cutting.
- Easy to use lever to adjust the deck height
- 12-month manufacturer’s warranty
- Non-stick cylinder means no messy grass to clean off after use
- No bag collection system
If you need a silent lawn mower, give the Fiskars Reel Mower a try. You’ll be backed by a 12-month warranty, so buy with confidence.
DuroStar Push Reel Mower
- 20-inch cutting path for quick mowing
- 10-Inch heavy duty wheels which can handle all types of terrain
- Height adjustments can be made with just a twist of a knob. Adjustment positions range from 1-1/2" - 3" in Height.
- 5 Steel blades
- Includes grass catcher
The DuroStar makes our best reel mower reviews for one reason. It has a 20” cutting path which is almost unheard of for push reel mowers. For those who have a small lawn, but not a tiny one, this can be a timesaver as it will eliminate unnecessary passes across the lawn.
- 20” cutting path
- 10” wheels
- Rear wheels
- Knob to adjust deck height
- Deck height adjusts from 1 ½” to 3”
- 5 heat-treated, sharp blades
- Grass collection bag is included
Not only does the 20” cutting path save you a lot of steps, it also saves you time. You won’t take away any more of your precious leisure time than necessary!
- Four wheels for stability
- Grass collector is included
- 5 sharp blades obliterate weeds and grass
- Easily adjust the blade height by turning a knob
- Lowest blade height is 1 ½”, which could be higher than some people prefer
- Some users reported difficulty with assembly
If you have a small to medium-sized yard but prefer the eco-friendliness of a reel mower, the DuroStar will be awesome. It’s wider cutting path will assist you in completing your yard work quickly and leave your lawn looking lovely.
Greenworks Reel Lawn Mower
- 16" cutting path gets the job done quicker and more efficiently
- 2-in-1 feature provides mulching and rear bag capabilities
- 4 position height adjustment offers a range of cutting height from 1 1/8" to 2 1/4" for the perfect cut on all grass types
- 10" front wheels and 2" rear rollers makes it easy to maneuver across your lawn
- Zero fumes, No Gas, Quiet and Easy to Use for a Green healthy lawn
The Greenworks 16” Reel Lawn Mower is making our best reel mower for Bermuda grass list despite its 3.5 out of 5-star rating on Amazon. Nope, we aren’t crazy.
- 16” cutting path
- Choice of mulching or rear bagging with included bagger
- Adjust blade height to four positions
- 10” front wheels and 2” rear wheels
- Loop style handle
We found that the blades of this mower will destroy weeds and cut Bermuda grass. Plus, Greenworks offers one of the best warranties we found—a 4-year manufacturer’s warranty.
Because of the four year warranty offered by Greenworks, we feel that the rewards outweigh the risks with this purchase.
- You have a choice of rear ejecting and mulching the grass clippings or bagging them if you so desire
- Blade heights range from 1 1/8” to 2 ¼” and are easy to adjust and set
- Sharp blades power through all grasses and weeds without damaging your grass
- 4 year manufacturer’s warranty
- Not as quiet as other models on our list
- Maximum deck height is 2 ¼”, which might not be high enough in drought conditions
If you want to make a purchase that’s backed by a solid, long-term warranty, consider the Greenworks Reel Mower.
Earthwise Reel Mower for Bent Grass
$115.13 in stock
- Hand-push reel mower with 16" cutting width, 7-blade ball bearing reel, and 10" composite wheels; Durable steel side plate design
- Versatile Earthwise Power Tools by ALM push lawn mower for cutting bent grass- Bermuda, Zoysia, Centipede, St. Augustine, and Seashore Paspalum
- Alloy steel 7-blade mower stays sharp longer
- A self-cutting mower with an adjustable cutting height of 0.5"-2.5" for clean and even cuts
- An planet-friendly alternative that matches the best gasoline push lawn mowers
The Earthwise 1715-16EW 7 Blade Push Reel Mower for Bent Grass is the final entry on our reel mower reviews. It makes the cut because it’s specifically designed to cut bentgrass varieties. These include Bermuda, St. Augustine, Centipede, and Zoysia.
- 7 blades
- 16” blade span
- Adjustable cutting height
- Quality blades cut cleanly
- 10” composite wheels
- 2 year warranty
Selecting the right tool is imperative to get any job done well. Cutting your grass is no exception! The key to the effectiveness of the Earthwise 1715 is the 7 blade system that mows down tough grasses without any problems.
- The 7 sharp blades make child’s play out of cutting cleanly through tougher grasses
- 16” cutting path is just the right size for most smaller yards
- Adjustable blade height ranges from 1” to 3”
- 2-year warranty
- No clipping collection bag
- Handles aren’t ergonomic
The Earthwise is not the highest-rated reel mower on Amazon. However, the 7 blade system is designed specifically for tough, wiry, bent grasses. If you have this type of grass, this could easily bee the best reel lawn mower for you.
Scotts Classic Push Reel Lawn Mower
3 used from $146.68
- Classic Scotts 20 inch push no-motor manual reel rotary lawn mower features 20" cutting width, 5-blade ball bearing reel, and 10" dual tracking wheels
- Quick-snap 1"-3" cutting height adjustment for a clean, even cut every time with this Scotts classic hand push reel rotary 20 inch lawn mower
- Blades on the Scotts classic hand push reel rotary 20 inch lawn mower are made of quality, heat-treated alloy steel for staying sharp longer
- Ergonomic handle with cushioned grip for comfort when using the Scotts 20 inch 5-blade manual hand push no-motor reel lawn mower; Easy, tool-less assembly
- Lightweight and easy to operate; This engine-free, no-motor, classic manual reel hand push lawn mower requires no gas or oil
Scotts is a well-trusted name in the lawn care marketplace. When you see Scotts, you expect value. And value is exactly what you get with this push reel lawn mower that will clip through your lawn with ease. It has a small frame but delivers big results.
- 9 Deck height adjusts from 1” to 3″
- 10″ dual tracking wheels
- Treaded tires
- 20” cutting span
- 5 heat-treated blades
- 2 year limited warranty
- Alloy steel blades
When you want value and performance to go hand in hand, you know you can trust Scotts to deliver. It’s one of the most recognizable names in the world, and you won’t be disappointed in the real value of this reel mower.
- Deck height is easy to adjust
- 10” wheels are large enough for tough terrain
- 20” cutting path makes short work of lawn care
- Tires are treaded for extra traction
- No collection bag for discharged grass clippings
- The cushioning on the handles wears down quickly
- Twigs and sticks jam the operation until you dislodge them manually
For a simple to use push reel mower that will last you for years of reliable cutting, trust Scotts. You’re assured of continual use part of the 2-year limited warranty.
Designed for small yards with little care required in mind, the Remington RM 3000 16” Reel Push Mower can handle all species of grasses. It’s a simple to use reel mower that will be certain to enhance the appearance of your yard.
- 16” cutting span
- Ergonomic loop handle with padded grip
- 5 blades
- 10” front wheels
- Rear wheels
- Includes a grass clipping collection bag
- Adjustable deck height from ¾” to 2 ½”
- 2-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
You don’t always have to spend more money on the best looking lawn. The Remington RM 3000 is deemed the best reel mower for Bermuda grass because it’s equipped to handle the job at hand.
- 10” front wheels make the mower easy to move around
- Collection bag will hold grass clippings and eliminate mess
- Deck is easy to adjust with a lever
- 5 blades make quick work of grass cutting
- 2-year warranty
- Works best on flatter lawns
- Blades need more frequent sharpening
- Collection bag is fairly small
If you are looking for a value-priced reel mower that will power through even tough weeds and grasses, keep the Remington on your shortlist. Remember, you do have a 2-year limited warranty to reassure you as you make this decision.
Other Key Facts about Reel Mowers
When you’re considering a reel mower, keep realistic expectations in mind. It won’t have the same power as a gas- or electric-powered mower. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- The reel mower will do less damage to your grass as it cuts.
- Longer grass might take a couple of passes to cut to the desired height.
- It might take you more pushing than a powered mower but consider it part of your exercise routine.
- Sticks will occasionally get stuck. Carefully dislodge them and keep going.
- With regular oiling and removing stuck-on or wet grass, your reel mower will last you for longer than a powered mower.
- You won’t be polluting the environment.
- Reel mowers are kinder to your neighbors as they operate rather quietly.
The Bottom Line
Reel mowers are a personal preference. Homeowners choose them because they fit in with their desire to reduce their carbon footprint or into their limited storage space.
While the best reel mower for Bermuda grass could be any one of the products offered on our reel mower reviews, be sure to account for your expected level of comfort, cutting path size, and height adjustments when making your final decision.
Best Reel Mowers for Bermuda Grass
Maintaining your bermuda grass lawn is made easy with the best reel mower for the job.
- American Reel Lawn Mower
- Craftsman Reel Mower
- Hyper Tough Reel Mower
- Great States Hand Reel Push Lawn Mower
- Fiskars Reel Mower
- Gardena Silent Push Reel Lawn Mower
- DuroStar Push Reel Mower
- Greenworks Reel Lawn Mower
- Earthwise Reel Mower for Bent Grass
- Scotts Classic Push Reel Lawn Mower
- Remington RM 3000 16” Reel Push Mower