Protecting your eyes should be the highest priority before commencing any work where their safety is compromised. According to EHS Today, over 800,000 eye injuries occur annually and a whopping 90% are preventable (1). Furthermore, according to The Vision Council, nearly 2,000 American workers suffer from avoidable workplace eye injuries that require medical treatment daily (2).
According to the Centre for Disease Control, the majority of eye injuries result from small particles or objects scraping the eyes (3). This includes things such as dust, cement chips, wood chips & slivers of metal which are most often ejected by tools. This category also includes blunt-force trauma tot he eye or socket from larger objects. Next on the list is penetration – from objects such as nails and staples and third is chemical and thermal burns – most common among welders.
While these facts and figures are quite alarming, the great thing is they are preventable with the best safety glasses.
There are two main types of safety glasses you can buy, simplistic glasses that wrap around or goggles which are firmly attached around your head. Depending on what you’ll be using them for will determine which you should buy. One other thing to look out for is that they are certified with one of the following:
Safety Certifications to Look For
- ANSI Z87.1 – American National Safety Institute (4)
- ISEA Z87.1 – International Safety Equipment Association (5)
- CSA Z94.3 (Canadian Standards Association) (6)
Best Safety Glasses On the Market
Smith & Wesson M&P Harrier Half Frame
- EASE OF USE: Glasses feature 4 sets of lenses (smoke, clear mirror, vermillion, amber) that can be changed out using the "one-touch" pop-out method that does not require any flexing or bending of the frames to complete
- DURABLE: ANSI Z87+ certified for pivotal impact resistance
- CONVENIENT: Anti-fog lenses allow for use in colder, or changing, temperatures or during high movement sports or jobs and the rubber nose and ear pieces keep them from slipping while in use
- RELIABLE: UV400 rating to protect your eyes in high sunlight situations
- INCLUDES: Hard zippered storage case with microfiber cloth
One of the factors that determines how long your glasses will last is how they’re stored. It is essential to store your glasses in a protective case to prevent scratching. This pair comes with a zippered case for safe storage.
- A non-slip rubber nose piece
- Rubber ear stems
- Three microfiber lens bags
- Zippered storage case
- Four sets of interchangeable lenses
- Full peripheral eye coverage
These glasses are designed for shooting so ou can imagine they are practical for all uses including work and sports.They come with non-slip rubber nose pieces that ensure you are comfortable for long hours of wear. Also, these glasses have an excellent fit to stay in place. The design of the lens is to ensure you get full eye coverage from all elements.
One of the key advantages that make this pair of glasses worth buying are the four interchangeable lenses. These include smoke mirror, clear mirror, Vermillion, and amber. These anti-fog lenses allow you to use each in different situations. For example, the amber lenses are ideal for working outdoors in very well lit/bright areas.
It is easy to change the lenses of the Smith & Wesson Glasses without the need to flex or bend the frames. A one-touch style allows you to remove & replace/change the lens in a single step.
Dewalt DPG55-11C Clear Safety Glasses
- Rubber tipped temples provide a secure, comfortable fit
- Tough, polycarbonate lens provides impact resistance
- Telescoping temples adjust for a comfortable fit
- Cushioned brow protection for extra comfort and protection
- Ratcheting temples adjust for a proper fit
Dewalt DPG55-11C Clear Protective Safety Glasses are available in a variety of lens types depending on your needs.
- Strong, polycarbonate lens provides impact resistance
- Cushioned brow protection
- Ratcheting temples adjust for a proper fit
Dewalt DPG55-11C Glasses have a dual-injected rubber in the frame, cushioned brow protection and are adjustable making them very comfortable to wear.
These safety glasses meet and exceed the ANSI Z87.1+ Standards and offer 99.9% UVA/UVB protection.
As the Dewalt DPG55-11C Clear Protective Safety Glasses have adjustable ratcheting and telescoping temple they can fit just about any head shape.
The lenses are clear, distortion-free and anti-fog making them a great choice for indoor work or sports.
3M Virtua CCS Protective Eyewear
$11.55 in stock
- DUST DEFENSE: Foam gasket helps limit eye exposure to nuisance dust and other particles while providing additional cushioning.
- WRAP AROUND DESIGN provides extended eye protection and unobstructed viewing.
- ANTI-FOG LENS COATING and removable foam-lined gasket with airflow vents make this protective eyewear ideal for humid environments.
- CORDED EAR PLUG CONTROL SYSTEM: Unique temple design can keep eyewear and ear plugs attached, untangled, and ready to use. Corded ear plugs can double as a lanyard (ear plugs sold separately).
- ANSI Z87: Meets the High Impact Requirements of CSA Z94.3-2007 and the High Impact Requirements of ANSI Z87.1-2020.
3M Virtua CCS Protective Eyewear are excellent safety glasses manufactured by a very reputable company.
- Anti-Fog coating
- Polycarbonate lens for durability
- Designed to help keep earplugs in place
- Impact resistant
The 3M Virtua CCS also have a cord control system (CSS) that works to hold corded earplugs in place, untangled and ready for use.
There is also an optional foam gasket attachment which will limit exposure to dust and also provide more cushioning.
The 3M Virtua CCS lenses offer 99.9% UV protection, are made from polycarbonate and are anti-fog.
These safety glasses meet the CSA Z94.3-07 safety requirements and are Impact resistant Rated to ANSI Z87.1-2010.
DEWALT DPG94-1C Dominator SAFETY Glasses
- Rubber tipped temples provide a non-slip comfortable fit
- Full frame with larger lens provides excellent coverage
- Integrated rubber nosepiece for longer, comfortable wear
- Protects against 99. 9-Percent harmful UV rays
- Meets ANSI Z87. 1+ standards
DeWalt DPG94-1C Dominator Safety Glasses are another excellent set of safety glasses that are comfortable to wear.
- Rubber tipped temples- non-slip, comfortable
- Full frame with a larger lens
- Integrated rubber nosepiece
- Protects against 99.9% harmful UV rays
- Meets ANSI Z87.1+ standards
- Available in 6 different lens colors/types
These glasses are comfortable and are very durable. The lens options are clear, gradient, indoor/outdoor, silver mirror, smoke and yellow mirror.
DeWalt DPG94-1C Dominator Safety Glasses meet the ANSI Z87.1+ safety standards, are well priced and a sturdy pair of safety glasses.
Radians Revelation Protective Glasses
$8.61 in stock
- 5-position ratchet temples provides a comfortable safety glass fit
- Soft, non-slip rubber nose pad with self adjusting fingers
- Ventilation channel between safety lens and protective frame provides extra fog control
- Safety glasses meet ANSI Z87.1 + standards
- Sport type: Hunting
If you are searching for useful glasses for outdoor use, this pair from Radians is a suitable piece. The lenses are designed for maximum protection against UV rays and other elements.
- Amber yellow lens
- Black frame
- 9 % UV protection
- Impact-resistant lens
- Protects against discharged debris
This pair is an excellent choice for a couple of reasons. They are designed to keep away the UV rays from your eyes when using them under extreme sunlight.
Also, they work well when driving out at night to shield the glare from oncoming car lights and street lights. The glasses are lightweight, so you do not feel the weight around the frame area. Wear them for an entire day yet remain comfortable.
These come with an amber yellow lens that works to keep away glare. The Radians Glasses have adjustable side pieces to help you get the right fit. This feature enables you to keep them on as long as you wish since they are comfortable and you can custom the right size for your face.
You do not have to use the strap to ensure you keep them tightly on since the adjusting feature is adequate. The strap comes in handy when you’re active and need tp keep your eyes protected.
Wiley X Safety Glasses
- Patented removable facial cavity Blocks out wind debris & peripheral light
- Top down ventilation keeps eyes cool & lenses fog-free
- This product is manufactured in China
Sometimes, when you leave your glasses on for long hours, you are likely to experience a heat flash around your eyes and nose. Wiley X Safety Glasses are designed to provide ventilation that keeps the eyes cool during hot, sunny days.
- Polarized lens
- Patented removable facial cavity
- Top-down ventilation feature
- Fog-free lenses
- Composite frame
These glasses are a combination of style, comfort, and protection. They are designed to protect your eyes from harmful UV rays. They have a full eye coverage design to ensure not even a single ray reaches your eyes. The glasses meet high velocity and high mass impact standards to guarantee safety and protection.
The lenses of these glasses are shatterproof and come with a scratch-resistant coating to keep them in excellent condition. They come with a removable facial cavity to protect from dust, pollen and other irritants you’re likely to encounter outdoors. This protection includes peripheral light. The polarized lenses prevent glare off the water and other surfaces with bright colored reflections.
One of the qualities that sell these glasses is the clarity the lenses have. When the sun is at its maximum, these glasses will protect your eyes. They come with a sturdy case to store and protect them from scratches. Also, the glasses have a microfiber cleaning cloth to keep the lenses as clear as possible and provide the best clarity you can find with protective goggles.
Although these glasses come in a single size, they seem to fit most people. Also, the frame of Wiley X Safety Glasses has a curved design to help you achieve a comfortable fit.
ReadyMax SoundShie Safety Glasses
- SoundShield Patented Technology
- Retractable earplugs
- Replaceable earplugs
- Absorbs 99% of UV rays
- Anti-fog, scratch resistant lens
If you are looking for quality construction safety glasses, this pair from Readymax is an ideal choice. It is specifically designed for intense construction works with essential accessories to ensure you have the protection needed in such situations.
- Sound shield patented technology
- Retractable earplugs
- 99% of UV rays protection
- Anti-fog lenses
- Scratch-resistant lenses
Included with these safety glasses are retractable earplugs to protect hearing as well. The earplugs are removable so you can replace with others after use. The glasses have an anti-glare feature to keep bright light from your eyes.
The glasses are made for everyday use and are designed to stand the test of time. The fact that they have useful accessories such as the earplugs makes them suitable for people looking for handy safety equipment for construction. They are much more comfortable to use than separate glasses and earplugs.
ReadyMax glasses can also work as shooting glasses since they provide eye and ear protection in one piece. The lenses are clear enough for proper vision yet protective enough to shield glare and extreme sunlight from reaching your eyes. These glasses are also lightweight to wear for a considerable amount of hours and are scratch-resistant.
Pyramex Fortress Safety Eyewear
- Country Of Origin : China
- The Package Height Of The Product Is 1 Inches
- The Package Length Of The Product Is 1 Inches
- The Package Width Of The Product Is 1 Inches
A challenge that comes up when wearing glasses is fogging. This depends on the type of lens and the general design of the glasses. This pair from Pyramex has vented lenses to allow airflow that prevents fogging.
- Vented design
- Adjustable nose pad
- Anti-scratch lenses
- 99% protection against UV rays
- Rubber coated temple tips
These glasses boast amazing fog resistance. If you need glasses to wear in hot situations, these are the perfect ones. These glasses are anti-fog and resistant to oils hence you don’t have to wipe them down.
Another quality that makes these glasses worth it is the scratch resistance lenses. Pyramex glasses are light in weight and therefore comfortable to wear for long hours. Another thing you will love about the design of these glasses is how the frame goes across the top of the lenses. This design keeps your field of view wide open for improved vision and maximum eye protection. These are the perfect glasses for a day in the outdoors or a long drive at night.
Peltor Sport SecureFit Eye Protection
$11.49 in stock
- Low profile, flexible temples provide comfort when worn with hearing protection
- High impact-resistant lenses absorb up to 99.% UV
- Lightweight and flexible for a secure and comfortable fit
- ANSI Z87.1-2010
If you are considering getting a pair of safety glasses that you can wear for long hours, this pair from Peltor are ideal. They are designed with lightweight frames and lenses to protect as long as you decide to keep them on.
- 3M pressure diffusion technology
- Low profile, flexible temples
- High impact-resistant lenses
- 99% UV protection
These glasses feature a 3M secure fit design which makes them comfortable to wear and still achieve the right protection for your eyes. The pressure diffusion temple technology is a scientific advancement that helps to diffuse pressure over the ear. This enhances comfort while ensuring the glasses fit securely.
The glasses self-adjust for a personalized for each time you put them on. The low-profile and flexible temples come in handy to use the glasses together with hearing protection. The contemporary, lightweight and wraparound design ensures adequate coverage and a high field of vision. The lenses provide 99% UV protection and so are suitable to wear in extremely sunny conditions.
Peltor lenses are polycarbonate and have a bright design with an anti-fog coating. These glasses do not interfere with earmuffs or any ear protection equipment. The slim is comfortable and light on the nose area so you can keep them on for some hours.
The glasses can be used in different situations; thanks to the design and protection features. Since the lenses are anti-glare, the glasses can also come in handy when driving at night and need extra eye protection from headlights and bright streetlights.
3M Nuvo Reader Protective Eyewear
$17.65 in stock
- Plus-1.5 MAGNIFYING: Molded-in magnifying diopters combine eye protection with reading enhancement(Bifocal reader)
- RETRO STYLING: Distinct, nostalgic look with reliable eye protection including an integral brow bar and side shields for added coverage.
- COMFORT: Soft nose bridge cushions a high contact point.
- ANSI Z87: Meets the High Impact Requirements of CSA Z94.3-2007 and the High Impact Requirements of ANSI Z87.1-2020.
- POLYCARBONATE LENSES absorb 99.9 percent UV rays.
If you are looking for protective glasses that combine the safety features and the magnifying ability for reading, 3M PPE is the ideal choice. They are designed to protect eyes from glare while enhancing your visibility.
- Magnifying diopters
- Retro styling
- Internal brow bar
- Side shields
- Dual lens profile
These lightweight retro-style glasses feature adjustable temples, a soft nosepiece, and an integral brow bar. The contoured frame and side shields ensure additional safety coverage against elements. The glasses feature molded-in magnifying diopters to allow easy visibility while guaranteeing ample protection. The design combines style with performance which most people seek to achieve with safety glasses.
The glasses are designed for workers who have a hard time reading small print or those engaged in small detail work. The glasses are fashionable yet tough and lightweight; thanks to the one-piece lens. With outstanding protection and safety, these glasses are a perfect choice for everyone. They are available in three different magnification diopters for you to choose the most suitable ones.
The polycarbonate lenses of these glasses absorb 99.9 percent UV rays to keep your eyes protected. Additionally, the lenses have an anti-fog coating that works to ensure clear vision for long hours of use. These glasses are recommended for chipping, chiseling, food and beverage works, aviation, grinding, etc. The wide range of use makes them ideal for regular use.
3M PPE glasses have a dual-lens which makes them look like standard glasses. The lenses have a one-piece design that contributes to durability and quality. They are the perfect pair for a variety of activities and remain stylish without compromising protection.
Howard Leight by Honeywell Safety Glasses
- 9-base wraparound uni-lens style offers maximum protective coverage and superior peripheral vision; soft, elastomer browguard diffuses impact while providing comfort at all key points
- Uvextreme anti-fog lens coating offers superior performance in extreme conditions and won’t wear off after repeated cleanings; ventilation channel between frame & lens controls fog in eye socket area
- Soft, adjustable nose piece fingers conform to almost any nasal passage; adjustable temple length and lens inclination for customized fit
- Clear lens is suitable for most indoor and outdoor shooting environments
- Meets ANSI Z87.1-2010 (High Impact) and is certified to the requirements of the CSA Z94.3 standard; Meets Military V0 ballistic impact test requirements (7x higher than ANSI); 99.9% UV protection
At times it is quite a challenge to find glasses that combine comfort, protection, and style. This pair of glasses from Howard Leight is an ideal choice and keeps up to the promise.
- Multi-material technology on the brow and nosepiece
- Impact diffusion
- Dual 9-base wrap-around
- Adjustable temple length
- Anti-fog coating
These glasses are made explicitly for shooters that seek to get maximum protection without compromising on the comfort of the glasses. This means that these glasses can remain on for long hours without placing an unnecessary strain on the eyes, around the nose and the back of the ears. They are light in weight and remain in place.
The anti-fog coating on the lenses combined with a ventilation channel helps to minimize fog and moisture. The 9-base wrap-around style gives these glasses excellent peripheral vision. With the soft and flexible brow guard together with the adjustable temples, these glasses offer comfort that most brands can’t deliver. Additionally, the nose pieces provided contribute to the added comfort of these glasses.
These features allow customization of the glasses for a perfect fit. The glasses also offer 99.9% coverage against harmful UV rays.
Howard Leight glasses are perfect to wear for sport during the sunny weather, shooting practice, work as well as driving at night. The clear lens makes them suitable to match both indoor and outdoor activities; thanks to the high visibility. They can also work as hunting glasses to protect the eyes from unexpected elements.
DEWALT DPG82-11 Safety Goggle
$12.24 in stock
1 used from $11.28
- DEWALT tough Coat hard coated lens provides tough protection against scratches
- DEWALT Xtra clear anti-fog lens coating provides tough protection against fogging
- Soft, dual injected rubber conforms to the face to provide a high level protection from dust and debris
- Adjustable, elastic cloth head strap provides a comfortable fit
- Ventilation channels allow breathability and added protection against fogging
DEWALT Concealer Safety Goggles offer the best complete goggle eye protection available.
- Adjustable elastic headband to secure to the head
- Hard coated lens for protection
- Anti-fog coating
- Comfortable fit
- Ventilation channels allow breathability and added protection against fogging
- Available in smoke lens or clear lens
The DEWALT DPG82-11 Safety Goggle is one of the most popular safety goggles on the market.
They meet the ANSI Z87.1+ Standards and offer 99.9% UVA and UVB protection.
Many customers use these over their prescription glasses and claim there is enough room for them to fit comfortably.
The DEWALT DPG82-11 Safety Goggles are very comfortable to use and the ventilation channels offer excellent breathability.
NoCry Safety Glasses
- DESIGNED TO BE PROTECTIVE AND BUILT TO LAST - The NoCry Safety Glasses keep your eyes safe from direct and peripheral threats with a strong and durable polycarbonate wraparound construction. Also protects eyes from 90-100% of harmful UV radiation
- CUSTOMIZABLE FOR ULTIMATE FIT AND COMFORT - Side and nose pieces adjust to give you a perfect fit without the slipping - no matter the face type or head size
- FOG, GLARE, AND SCRATCH RESISTANT FOR BETTER VISIBILITY - Vanguard Plus double coated lenses offer 5x more fog resistance, 2x more scratch resistance, and no optical distortion so you can see better at all times
- IDEAL FOR WORK AND PLAY - Ideal for woodworking and carpentry, metal and construction work, lab and dental work, shooting, cycling, racquetball, or anywhere you need to wear PPE eyewear
- BACKED BY THE NOCRY GUARANTEE - NoCry stands behind every item we make. If there’s an issue with your glasses, we’ll make it right by replacing them or giving your money back
These Glasses are built to last and protect your eyes from direct and peripheral threats.
- Protects the eyes from 90-100% of UV radiation
- Strong and durable
- Polycarbonate wraparound construction
- Scratch, fog and glare resistant
- Range of uses including sports
- Available in black and green or black and orange
NoCry Safety Glasses have the ENS166 safety certification which is European. Due to the wrap-around style both your direct and peripheral vision will be protected.
The glasses are sturdy, durable and designed to last. They are fully adjustable via a movable side and nosepiece which allows everyone to customize them.
NoCry feature a double coated lens that works to minimize fogging.
BLUPOND Sports Safety Sunglasses
|Color||Silver Frame Yellow Lens|
These Blupond safety glasses are an ideal choice for outdoor activities. They are designed for durability and maximum eye protection from the elements.
- Semi-polarized colored lenses
- Durable metal frame
- Solid lenses
- Integrated nose pads
- Protective case
The glasses come with semi-polarized lenses for minimal distortion and night use. They provide maximum sun protection since they are designed to cut off and diffuse harmful light. This feature makes them suitable to use in the outdoors for long hours. At night, these glasses help to shield glare from your eyes that come from bright headlights when driving.
They come with a durable metal frame construction to withstand drops and dings when using them for sports. The semi-rimless frames provide a larger field of sight for minimal distortion. Additionally, the polycarbonate, shatterproof color-tinted lenses contribute to the protection. The glasses have blue light neutralization which helps to keep the eyes on the target without straining your vision.
The glasses’ design allows long hours of use; thanks to the comfort features. You can keep them on for an entire active day without having to deal with headaches and strains around your nose. The ultra-thin lenses with the integrated nose pads and the rubberized support provide comfort. They are lightweight and ensure the right fit.
Blupond safety glasses are stylish to wear beyond the sports field. They are available in different colors of lenses for you to choose a preferred style. The package comes with additional accessories that include a case, a screwdriver for adjustments and a sunglasses pouch. Also, the package has a microfiber cleaning cloth, a clip, and a gift box.
Neiko 53875B Protective Safety Glasses
$9.99 in stock
8 used from $8.97
- LAB GOGGLES FOR CHEMISTRY: Each safety goggle is ANSI 287.1 Approved and can be used for eye protection when working on chemistry work or related projects. These splash proof safety goggles will serve as a protective barrier to chemicals.
- CONSTRUCTION GOGGLES: These work goggles serve as protective eyewear while on the job at a construction work site. Fully protect your eyes around heavy-duty equipment, sharp objects, and tools.
- FULL PROTECTION SAFETY: Not only for construction and scientific goggle use, the NEIKO 53875B is complete protective eyewear for fields related to doctors, nurses, woodworkers, chefs, or cooks]: The dual injected flexible rubber design lining provides maximum comfort by conforming to the shape of the face and creating a snug fit and seal that can easily be worn for extended periods of time.
- COMFORTABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT: The dual injected flexible rubber design lining provides maximum comfort by conforming to the shape of the face accompanied by a lightweight build to allow the user to wear all day.
- ANSI APPROVED RATING: These goggles meet ANSI requirements and are suitable for use as firearms safety glasses while also being waterproof.
This pair of safety glasses are an ideal choice for long hours of wear. The glasses are designed to provide comfort and the necessary eye protection in different situations.
- Extra-wide design
- Dual injected rubber design
- Universal standard fit wrap-around PVC frame
These glasses also feature an ultra-soft design with a hard plastic lens. The lenses have an anti-fog coating which also contributes to them being scratch proof.
The dual-injected rubber design conforms to the face which ensures the frame sits better than regular safety glasses. The wrap-around PVC frame maintains comfort for long hours of use. This also offers high protection from dust, debris, and chemicals. The adjustable strap helps to customize a suitable fit which makes the glasses ideal for most people.
The polycarbonate lens is impact resistant which makes the glasses useful in different situations. They work well in construction sites, class, worksites, etc. They protect against flying debris and dust and hence a guarantee of eye protection. Also, these glasses are anti-splash thus suitable to use in labs or when handling chemicals.
Neiko Goggles are lightweight, and you will forget you have anything on. This is because they have a PVC frame and ultra-thin lenses. One thing that stands out about these glasses is the cloth-like band. Most companies used a rubberized one that can hurt, these slide on and off easily without tangling with the hair.
Safety glasses are an absolute must for anyone who works with tools or has the potential to injure their eyes. Keeping your eyes safe should be of the highest priority, whether it’s for work, sports, around the home or anything that endangers your eyes invest in the best safety glasses possible. From goggles to sunglasses we have compiled a list of the top 15 options so depending on your intended use you can select the best model for your needs.
For all your safety needs visit the Ram Research homepage!
- Laura Walter. 2008. PPE- Eye, Face & Head. https://www.ehstoday.com/ppe/eye-face-head/article/21908478/800000-eye-injuries-occur-annually-90-are-preventable
- Vision Council. https://www.thevisioncouncil.org/sites/default/files/VCASSESafetyReportv4.pdf
- CDC. 2013. Eye Safety. https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/eye/
- American National Standards Institute. https://www.ansi.org/
- International Safety Equipment Association. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Safety_Equipment_Association
- Canadian Standards Association. https://www.csagroup.org/
Best Safety Glasses
Safety glasses are a necessity when it comes to home improvement projects as well as on worksites. Protecting your eyes is a high priority so make sure you buy the best safety glasses.
- Dewalt Clear Anti-Fog Protective Safety Glasses
- DEWALT Concealer Clear Anti-Fog Dual Mold Safety Goggle
- 3M Virtua CCS Protective Eyewear
- DeWalt Dominator Safety Glasses
- Radians Revelation Protective Glasses
- Smith & Wesson Glasses
- BLUPOND Sports Sunglasses
- Wiley X Safety Glasses
- ReadyMax Safety Glasses
- Pyramex Fortress Safety Eyewear
- Peltor Sport SecureFit Eye Protection
- Neiko Protective Anti-Fog Safety Goggles
- 3M Nuvo Reader Protective Eyewear
- Howard Leight Shooting Glasses