Are you in the process of designing or re-designing your bathroom? Limited on space and trying to maximize the functionality and usability of your bathroom?
The answer could lay in the size of the toilet you choose. Not all toilets are made equal and the following review will highlight the best small toilets on the market.
A toilet is a necessity but the style and size is in your hands, giving you total control over the look and overall function of your bathroom.
There are many small toilets on the market that are stylish, sleek, affordable and compact!
6 Best Small Toilets for Small Bathrooms
Maximizing space without compromising on functionality is more than achievable with some really stylish small toilets.
So let’s take a detailed look at the best small toilets on the market.
GALBA Small Toilet
- WHITE Color - 12" Rough-in (PLEASE CHECK BEFORE BUYING)
- One piece design and Self-Cleaning glazed surface would not scratch, rust, fade, or discolor
- Dual Siphonic Flush. 16.5" Comfort Height. cUPC and MaP flush score of 300.
- Slow closing nesting toilet seat (plastic) included
- IMPORTANT - Check verify rough-in to be at least 12" so this fits. RETURN Policy - Customer is responsible for shipping BOTH ways and 10% restocking fee.
The Galba Small Toilet is a compact, highly efficient vitreous china toilet that also comes with compliance certifications.
- Complete toilet measures 24.5″ L x 13.5″ W x 28.5″ H
- Top of the toilet seat to the floor 16.5″ H
- Bowl length 12.5″ L x 9.5″ W
The Galba toilet has a dual flush, a full flush being 1.6gallons and a half flush being 0.8 gallons although the half flush is adjustable. This is a low water consumption toilet.
Made from vitreous china the bowl is self-cleaning and glazed meaning it is scratch proof, won’t rust, fade or discolor.
In addition the sides are smooth which makes cleaning it a breeze without any crevices.
The Galba has a quiet yet powerful flush with a 3 inch flush valve – the standard is 2 inches. The Galba also has the following compliance certifications:
- ASME A112.19.2M for vitreous china fixtures
- UPC certification from IAMPO
- MaP Flush score > 300
Included with the purchase is a slow closing toilet seat, flush mechanism (inlet and drain valve), flush button and side cap assembly.
The Galba Small Toilet is a highly rated, popular compact toilet that also comes with a 1 year manufacturers warranty.
WOODBRIDGE Dual Flush
- Luxurious Modern Design one piece toilet, clean, sleek look complements with different styles like modern, craftsman, traditional, etc
- Toilet dimensions – 28.5”D x 14.5” W x 27.5” H | Rough opening – 12” | Voltage – 110V | Floor to seat height – 16.5” | MaP Score – 1000 g
- ADA Compliant Toilet | US & Canada UPC & CSA certified products. High-efficiency, Water Sense Certified toilet - meet or exceed ANSI Z124. 1 & ANSI A112-19. 7
- 5 year limited on porcelain parts against fading/staining of the glaze | 1 Year on flushing mechanism & soft closing toilet seat
- Package Includes toilet, pre-installed soft closing toilet seat, pre-installed water fitting, high quality wax ring, floor bolts, and installation instruction, also Include special hand wrench tool to easily tighten the bolts in narrow spaces
The Woodbridge One Piece Toilet is an affordable, stylish and compact toilet for small bathrooms.
- Complete toilet measures 28.5″ L x 14.5″ W x 27.5″ H
- Top of the toilet seat to the floor 18″ H
- Bowl length 14.25″ L x 10.25″ W
The Woodbridge toilet is a stylish and modern toilet that comes in Cotton White. There are also various styles of the same toilet including a square shaped one as well as a more traditional shaped toilet.
With a fully glazed bowl the toilet is self cleaning and quiet.
This flushing is powerful to ensure no clogs or leaks.
Included is a high end closing seat that has a stainless steel hinge.
The Woodbridge toilet comes with a pre-installed toilet seat, wax ring, floor bolts as well as installation instructions.
Although I recommend having a professional help you out. The Woodbridge also has the following compliance certifications:
- ANSI Z124.1 & ANSI A112-19.7
- UPC & CSA
- WaterSense certified
This toilet has a dual flushing mechanism that has a 1.28 gallon flush. When compared with a 3.5 gallon toilet that is a saving of 16,500 gallons per year of water saved.
The Woodbridge One Piece Toilet comes with a 5 year limited warranty on the porcelain fading or staining as well as a 1 year warranty on the flushing mechanism and toilet seat.
TOTO Aquia Dual Flush
- Dual-Max flushing system, low consumption (1.6-GPF/6.0-LPF and 0.9-GPF/3.4-LPF)
- Elongated skirt, Universal Height
- Close coupled, elongated front bowl and tank set, less toilet seat
- Dual flush option, Chrome push-button
- 12-Inch rough-in, 10-Inch rough-also in available
The TOTO Aquia Two Piece Toilet is a low water consumption, efficient compact toilet.
- Complete toilet measures 27.6″ L x 14.25″ W x 31.2″ H
- Top of the toilet seat to the floor 17.3″ H
- Bowl length 12″ L x 10″ W
The TOTO Aquia has a dual flush mechanism with a full flush being 1.6 Gallons and half being 0.9 gallons per flush.
The TOTO Aquia has a glazed bowl making it stain resistant and comes with a one year limited warranty.
With an elongated bowl and skirted design the TOTO Aquia Two Piece Toilet is easy to clean and comfortable for adults to use.
TOTO Aquia is an efficient small toilet that meets the following compliance certifications:
- ASME A112.19.2/CSA B45.1
- ASME A112.19.14
- NPC Canada.
In addition it also has legislative compliance with the California Green Building Code, City of Los Angeles Water Efficiency Ordinance, and others.
American Standard Siphonic Dual Flush
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Round front two piece siphonic action dual flush toilet
- High efficiency, low consumption and WaterSense certified
- Chrome-plated top mounted push button actuator
- 12" rough in
American Standard Siphonic Dual Flush Round Front Toilet is a two piece, compact toilet.
- Complete toilet measures 27.75″ L x 15″ W x 29.5″ H
- Top of the toilet seat to the floor 15″ H
The American Standard has a dual flush button at 1.6 gallons per flush for a full flush or 1 gallon per flush as the half flush.
This is a siphonic action dual flush toilet meaning it uses less water and eliminates more bulk.
This toilet is treated inside and out with an EverClean antimicrobial surface which prevents any stains and odors that can cause bacteria build ups as well as mold on your toilet.
American Standard Siphonic Dual Flush Round Front Toilet also comes with the following certifications:
- ASME A112.19.2-2008/CSA B45.1-08
- Los Angeles Department of Water and Power Supplementary Purchase Specification for Non-Adjustability
- US EPA WaterSenseSM criteria for HET’s
Not only this but the American Standard toilet also comes with the highest MaP (Maximum Performance) rating with the ability to handle 1,000 grams of solid waster in a full flush. The American Standard toilet is also backed by a 1 year warranty.
5. KOHLER K-4007-0 San Souci Round-Front 1.28 GPF Toilet with AquaPiston Flushing Technology and Left-Hand Trip Lever
KOHLER San Souci Round-Front
- One-piece toilets integrate the tank and bowl into a seamless, easy-to-clean design
- Round-front bowl offers an ideal solution for smaller baths and powder rooms
- Low-profile design
- Aqua Piston canister allows water to flow into the bowl from all sides (360 degrees), increasing the power and effectiveness of the flush
- Durable canister design has 90 percent less exposed seal material than a 3-inch flapper, for leak-free performance
KOHLER San Souci Round Front Toilet is a streamlined yet stylish toilet that is compact and low profile.
- Complete toilet measures 25.5″L x 16.25 W x 24.2″ H
- Top of the toilet seat to the floor 15.25″ H
- Bowl size 13″ L x 11.6″ W
The KOHLER San Souci toilet features a round front bowl and a low profile tank making this toilet small and compact for any small bathrooms.
Included is a quiet-close lid and seat which includes quick attach hardware as well as quick release hinges.
The KOHLER San Souci has an AquaPiston flush system which flushes the water in a 360 degree arc giving a powerful flush every time. This is a single flush toilet that uses 1.28 gallons per flush.
The KOHLER San Souci is available in 10 different colors and comes with the following certifications:
- ASME A112.19.2/CSA B45.1 K-5420
- DOE – Energy Policy Act 1992
- EPA WaterSense®
The KOHLER San Souci Round Front Toilet is a great small toilet solution for small bathrooms and also comes with a 1 year warranty.
Saniflo 023 SANICOMPACT 48 One piece Toilet
$913.75 in stock
- Build a half bathroom for residential applications
- Vertical pumping up to 9-Feet and 100-Feet horizontally
- Allows the connection of a sink. Toilet that uses a minimum amount of water
- Uses just 1-Gallon of water per flush
- Stylish toilet seat with chrome hinges included.
The Saniflo Sanicompact One Piece Toilet is ideal for tight fitting spaces and highly efficient.
- Complete toilet measures 21.5″L x 14.5 W x 18.5″ H
- Top of the toilet seat to the floor 18.5″ H
The Sanicompact is a small toilet the includes a vitreous china toilet bowl and a pump that allows for effective waste movement.
Using minimal water this dual flush toilet will go through 1.28 gallons per flush or 1 gallon per flush.
This toilet uses an activated timer and a solenoid valve which works to fill and wash the sides of the toilet bowl. The pump/motor is activated and sucks the water and paper to be pumped to the sewage.
Although that may sound complex for a toilet the inner workings are actually quite simple with moving parts kept to a minimum. The Saniflo Sanicompact One Piece Toilet has been certified to American and Canadian Standards and includes:
- US: CSA Certified – ASME A112.3.4
- CA: Macerating Standard CSA B45.9
The toilet seat is not included in this purchase so bear in mind you will need to purchase one that fits separately.
Types of Small Toilets
If you hadn’t noticed the types of toilets featured in this reviews are all standard flush toilets.
There are also wall mounted toilets which are commonly found in restaurants and hotels but they require a wall tank.
If you are designing your house then this is a great option to save space too.
If you are renovating or changing your bathroom then installing a tank is going to be quite a pain.
For more environmentally friendly options there are some quality self composting toilets which could be of interest.
These aren’t going to be ideal for everyone so this is something to consider then be sure to read our composting toilets review.
In addition there are tankless toilets which can be installed in your home. As you can imagine these are quite compact.
If the rest room is going to be used by the public or staff members then be sure to consider the health and safety regulations along with any other compliance requirements.
Water Saving Toilets
Purchasing a toilet that minimizes the amount of water used is not only going to be great for your wallet but also for the environment.
Consider purchasing a toilet that has an EPA Water Sense Certification. This scheme amongst other things states a flush will use 80% or less than that 1.6 gallons per flush.
Not only will you be reducing the amount of water your home uses but you are also eligible for many other schemes to encourage such a purchase. These include rebates from water suppliers.
In addition state by state laws vary across the USA however, there are laws in place regarding water saving devices and new builds or refurbishments.
Maximizing Bathroom Space and Functionality
There are many great tools to help you work out the best design for your bathroom.
Purchasing a compact or small toilet is a great way to maximize space and usability.
There are other ways to increase your bathroom usability as well such as pairing storage space with your basin, opting for a shower over a bathtub.
You can also change the lighting around your bathroom along with the mirrors to give the effect of a bigger space.
The comprehensive review of small toilets for small bathrooms should help you maximize the space and functionality of your bathroom. There are many to choose from so I have include the toilet size specifications to help you fit the right one for your bathroom.
6 Best Small Toilets for Small Bathrooms
Small toilets are the ideal solution for small or tight bathroom areas where you want a toilet but don't have much space. Small toilets are a fantastic way to maximise your bathrooms space. The toilets within this review also include the specifications and measurements so you can make sure it will fit.
- GALBA Small Toilet
- WOODBRIDGE Dual Flush
- TOTO Aquia Dual Flush
- American Standard Siphonic Dual Flush
- KOHLER San Souci Round-Front
- Saniflo 023 SANICOMPACT 48 One piece Toilet