Deciding between the stovetop pressure cooker, the electric pressure cooker, rice cooker, and a slow cooker can become overwhelming if you don’t really know the difference between the four. In this selection of 12, you’ll learn why the stovetop pressure cooker may be a better option compared to the other three.
What you need to know ahead of time though is stovetop pressure cookers are ideal for families (or solos) who ideally want to make meals faster than they would traditionally on a stove. Quality stovetop pressure cookers can make their meals in half the time as the traditional cooking route would. And while the quality of the meals from your best stovetop pressure cooker and slow cookers may taste reasonably the same, those on the run will be relieved to get the same meal on a tighter schedule.
As long as you monitor the pressure as instructed and are OK with sticking around while it cooks, you’ll have plenty of options to choose from for a pressure cooker stovetop.
Best Stovetop Pressure Cooker
IMUSA Stovetop Aluminum Pressure Cooker
- Made of aluminum
- Cool touch handles with safety locking lid
- Easy to use and clean
- The pressure cookers will speed up cooking time by 70 percent
- Ideal for beans, meats, vegetables, soups and more
As with most stovetop pressure cookers, this one is ideal for preparing beans, meats, vegetables, and soups. And the preparation time is 70 percent quicker than regular stove preparation.
- Cool-touch Handles
- Safety-locking lid
This stovetop pressure cooker will retain the minerals and vitamins that are often reduced from overcooking on a traditional stove.
The cooker traps steam inside to build cooking pressure at hotter temperatures, which is how those flavorful nutrients can hang on longer. It also makes sure food stays hot, moist and flavorful.
Although it is easy to clean, because the aluminum is a softer material, you may want to keep a special eye on temperatures to make sure it does not burn along the sides.
- Aluminum turns black after cooking a few meals
- Manufacturer warranty does not cover commercial use, misuse, modifications accidents or repairs
For cooks who choose a variety of food types, including ethnic cuisines, this Imusa cooker may be the go-to. The manufacturers, Imusa, have been in business for more than 80 years and have roots in Latin America.
Culina One-Touch Pressure Cooker
- CULINA QUALITY 18/10 stainless steel Pressure Cooker has a 6 quart capacity and cooks foods up to 70% faster than conventional cooking, saving you time and lowering your energy bill. Includes a heavy gauge, stainless steel steamer basket and tempered glass lid.
- EASY One-Touch open and close mechanism allows for one-hand operation. Locking mechanism secures pressure cooker cover to the pot in any position. Adjustable Pressure Valve can be set to low, high or steam release. Water Level markings inside the pot ensure correct pressure and optimal results. Steamer insert for perfectly cooked vegetables, seafood and more!
- SAFE Six safety features, including visible red pressure indicator that pops up when pressurized. Safety Valve. Cover will not open when pressure has not been fully released. Large, ergonomic handles. Silicone gasket is BPA-free. UL Approved.
- DURABLE Constructed from heavy-duty 18/10 stainless steel with a satin finish, the Culina Pressure Cooker has an encapsulated aluminum base to ensure even heat distribution. Can be used on all stovetops, even Induction Heating. All parts are easy to clean, although dishwasher-safe, hand washing is recommended to maintain finish.
- 100% Culina Satisfaction Guarantee
The Culina cooker includes a heavy-gauge, BPA-free stainless steel steamer basket and a tempered glass lid.
- Red pop-up pressure indicator when pressurized
- Large, ergonomic handles
- EASY One-Touch open and close mechanism allows for one-hand operation
- Cover can be locked in any position
The adjustable pressure valve has release options in high, low or steam. When pressure has been fully released, the stovetop cooker cover will not open.
The heavy-duty 18/10 stainless steel container has a six-quarter capacity. Although the cooker (5 inches x 10 inches x 8 inches) can be cleaned in a dishwasher, hand washing is highly recommended because of the satin finish.
Other materials on the cooker include an encapsulated aluminum base to make sure heat is evenly distributed.
- Maybe too narrow for larger-sized meats (ex. pot roasts)
The Culina cooker can be used on electric, gas, halogen and induction stovetops. When you’re all done, the three ways to release pressure are to let it cool off naturally, steam release or place under running water.
- Four manual cooking functions: slow cook, stove top, steam, and bake; Four fundamental cooking functions all in one appliance; Cook food in more ways than a traditional slow cooker can
- Triple fusion heat: traditional slow cookers have one type of heat, The Ninja Multi Cooker has three; Bottom heat, Side heat, and steam all work together for easy, one pot meals
- Auto stay warm: the appliance automatically switches to stay warm mode when slow cook, steam, or bake functions are over; This keeps your food hot and ready to serve without overcooking it
- Programmable time and temperature: select your time and temperature for precise cooking (only available with certain functions)
- Sear to slow cook: searing meats before slow cooking locks in flavors and juices as well as creates a delicious texture; Do this all in one pot, no extra pans to wash
If you’re one of those cooks who just doesn’t have time to be at home while cooking and needs a slow cooker, this Ninja 4-in-1 can do just that. But when you are at home but short on time, just change it to the stovetop cooking option and prepare your meal per usual.
- 4 cooking functions with one pot—stovetop, slow cook, oven and steam
- Heating elements let you sear, sauté, and slow cook
- Triple-fusion heat (bottom heat, side heat, steam heat)
- Easy cleanup
This multi-cooker also includes a cookbook, glass lid, six-quart nonstick cooking pot, steaming/roasting rack, multipurpose pan, roast lifters, silicon mitts, and travel bag.
There is also a heating element on the bottom of the cooker to sear meat before slow cooking, which will improve the flavor of it more than it already would have just on the stovetop setting.
- No buffet feature (found in Ninja 3-in-1)
Do not try to use cooking methods interchangeably and expect similar results. When on stovetop cook options, make sure to be available to avoid burning meats and other food choices that may have opposite results in the slow cooking option.
Tramontina Pressure Cooker
- Tri-Ply base induction-ready 18/10 stainless steel construction, features aluminum encapsulated impact-bonded base which distributes heat evenly
- Energy-Saving design locks in essential nutrients; includes 28-page user manual listing cooking times for a variety of grains, meat, seafood & fish
- Cool-Touch Bakelite handle features dual pressure settings while helper handle provides safe and secure handling
- Compatible with all cooktops, including induction; dishwasher and oven-safe (up to 350f / 176c)
- Measures 17-1/4 by 10 by 8-1/2 inches; UL-approved; lifetime warranty
Compatible with all cooktops, including induction, this stovetop cooking appliance comes with an eight-page, bilingual user manual with a list of sufficient cooking times for a variety of foods (grains, meat, seafood, and fish). This is ideal for beginner stovetop cookers who aren’t quite sure what works best for preparation times between stovetop cookers versus a traditional stove.
- Induction-ready 18/10 stainless steel construction
- Aluminum encapsulated impact-bonded base for even heat distribution
- Oven-safe (up to 350f / 176c)
- Measures 17 1/4 inches x 10 by 8 1/2 inches
The cool-touch Bakelite cooker handle features dual-pressure settings—low level for fairly tender foods and high level for tougher foods. The handle is safe and secure to hold due to the unique pressure safety lock mechanism.
The energy-saving design cooks meals in a third of the time of conventional cooking while keeping healthy nutrients intact. Although handwashing is highly recommended, dishwasher enthusiasts do have the option of cleaning this way.
- No steam basket included
UL approved and with a lifetime warranty, the aluminum core for conductivity and magnetic stainless steel exterior means the Tramontina is built to last.
Presto Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
1 used from $69.22
- Chicken, fish, meat, and vegetables cook to perfection fast; Helps tenderize economical cuts of meat
- Pressure regulator maintains the proper cooking pressure automatically; Complete 64-page instruction/recipe book included
- Ideal for use on regular, smooth-top and induction ranges; Our stainless steel pressure cooker may also be washed in an automatic dishwasher. When washing in a dishwasher, you must first remove the sealing ring and overpressure plug from the cover as these parts must be hand washed
- Cover lock indicator shows when there is pressure inside the cooker and prevents the cover from being opened until pressure is safely reduced
- Helper handle for ease of handling; Extended 12-year limited warranty
If you want a stovetop pressure cooker but don’t know where to start or need a few ideas past your go-to meals, the 64-page instruction and recipe book included with this pressure cooker will have you well on your way.
- Helps tenderize meat
- Pressure cooker maintains proper cooking temperature
- Ideal for induction, smooth top, and regular ranges
Whether you’re cooking fish, meat or vegetables, this stovetop cooker is easy to use. And if you want to cook several foods all at once, there is an additional cooking rack that can be used—with no intermingling of flavors.
The Tri-clad base, with a layer of aluminum in between two layers of stainless steel, makes sure heating time is evenly distributed. With a cover lock indicator that immediately notifies you when the pressure is on inside of the cooker, this helps to prevent accidental openings.
It will also tip you off when the pressure is safely reduced enough to uncover and/or serve with the easy-touch handle. Although it is dishwasher safe, hand washing is more heavily recommended.
- The manufacturer may ask for the lid to be shipped to them in order to honor the warranty
If you’re not satisfied with this product, Presto also offers an extended 12-year limited warranty.
Ninja 3-in-1 Cooking System
- Triple fusion heat for fast, juicy, and flavorful cooking
- One-pot meal making for less mess and cleanup
- 3 Appliances in 1: stovetop, oven and slow cooker functionality
- Professional nonstick pot holds large chickens and roasts
- Recipe inspiration guide: recipes for fast one-pot meal making, steam infused roasting, steam infused baking and searing slow cooking
This Ninja stovetop cooker is three appliances in one—stovetop, oven and slow cooker. The steam infusion helps to make improved meals that are less likely to be overcooked and with healthier nutrients.
- Roasting rack with handles
- Holds large meats (ex. chickens, pot roasts)
- Bottom, side and steam heating
- Six-quart, nonstick pot
A recipe inspiration guide is included with instructions for one-pot meals, steam-infused roasting, steam-infused baking, searing and slow cooking in as quick as 30 minutes in the same pot.
In addition to meats (frozen or thawed) and vegetables, this 3-in-1 stovetop cooker can also prepare pasta without making it rubbery, dry or not drained properly. Need broth for this meal? Just add water to make instant broth with the digital dial temperature (range from 250 to 425 on a six-hour timer).
If using the stove option, choose low, high or buffet (warm) heating temperatures. Once the meal is complete, the pot can be removed for serving and easily cleaned.
- No oven bake/roast option available on the dial (featured in the 4-in-1)
While some may prefer the hole in the lid to utilize the thermometers, others may find that liquid will evaporate when the thermometer is not being used. If this is an issue, try ordering a lid without the hole.
T-fal Pressure Cooker
$105.28 in stock
5 used from $73.80
- Encapsulated base distributes heat evenly
- Durable stainless steel construction ensures long lasting performance; side handles for a secure grip
- Won't open when in use; one hand system for risk free opening and closing; variable steam release valve for added control
- Dishwasher safe (with gasket and pressure valve removed); steam basket, stand, and recipes included
- Compatible with any cooktop, including induction
With a steam basket, stand and creative recipes, this T-fal 6.3-quart pressure cooker is all prepped and ready for you to cook a small meal or a massive meal for the holiday season.
- Encapsulated base for even heat distribution
- Durable stainless-steel construction
- Variable steam-release valve for added control
- Compatible with any cooktop, including induction
Safety first with this stainless steel construction. The side handles have a secure grip for easy holding. And the one-hand system will not open when the pressure cooker is in use.
Made from long-lasting stainless steel, this cooker can make large batches of meals all at once, with a steam basket for multi-cooking options.
Although the gasket and pressure valve must be removed before cleaning, the remainder of the stovetop pressure cooker can be cleaned with a dishwasher.
- The inner ceramic pot is not removable
- Initial manual instructions may not be intuitive
On top of the safety and fast-cooking perks mentioned above, this is a stainless steel pot that you don’t have to lug around. Surprisingly lighter than it may look, specifically in comparison to other stainless steel pots, the T-fal Pressure Cooker can easily be moved from stove to counter to table and back again.
T-fal Pressure Cooker
$104.58 in stock
1 used from $98.49
- 22 quart polished aluminum stovetop canner and pressure cooker with a deluxe pressure gauge dial
- Selective pressure control with 3 cooking pressure options: 5, 10 or 15 PSI; overpressure steam release safety components
- Heavy gauge, rustproof aluminum construction; sure locking lid system; pressure monitoring device built into handle
- Includes 2 canning racks to hold 16 pint size jars or 26 half pint size jars when double stacked or 7 quart size jars
Maybe you’ve tried the eight-quart T-fal pressure cooker and need something bigger. The features on this T-fal model, along with its additions, maybe what’s missing and what you’ll need.
- 22-quart polished aluminum stovetop canner and pressure cooker
- Deluxe pressure gauge dial
- Three cooking-pressure options (5, 10 or 15 PSI)
Similar to the eight-quart T-fal pressure cooker, this one also has a sure-locking lid system. There’s also a pressure-monitoring device built into the handle to make it easier to know when it’s OK to try to lift.
With the sure-locking lid system, accidental lid lifts will be avoidable. In this heavy gauge, rustproof aluminum pot, you can fit two canning racks that hold 16 pint-size jars or 26 half-pint jars (double stacking). Seven-quart size jars are also an option.
- Only suitable for gas and electric coil stoves
With a limited warranty (one year for replacement parts and 10 years for the canner), you’ll have plenty of time to get familiar with recipes (also included in this package deal) and find out if this is the pressure cooker for you.
Cook Prep Eat 9 quart Pressure Cooker
- Pressure cook your favorite recipes in 1/3 the time, tenderize the toughest meats in 20 minutes
- High quality rust-proof aluminum for quick & even heat distribution
- Clean cooking: no splashes or spatters to clean up
- Energy efficient: faster cooking times means less Energy used
- Great for one-pot-meals, meats, chicken, risottos, beans, chili, Soup, veggies, cheesecake and more
Sometimes the size of stovetop pressure cookers is hard to guesstimate. This option makes it easy by providing tips for which size fits for your family gathering: 1.5 liters (1-2 people); 3 liters (3-4 people); 5 liters (5-7 people); and 7 liters (7-10 people). This pressure cooker is approximately 8.5 liters, meaning its suitable for a large group of 8-10 people.
- Rust-proof aluminum
- Even heat distribution
- Lid locks into place when the safety valve rises
With the ability to tenderize meat in less than 20 minutes or make an entire meal in one-third of the time it would with traditional pots and a stove, another perk of stovetop cooking appliances is the eco-friendly options.
Less use of electricity and less heat for even heat distribution means less power to prepare meals.
- Certain foods may clog the pressure release valve (ex. cranberries, split peas, pasta noodles)
Whether you’re preparing cheesecake, bean soup or roast beef, this kind of stovetop pressure cooker can do all of the above. The manual, time charts and recipes (included) may help spark some ideas for meals you didn’t even know you wanted to create. Just make sure to read the instructions in full to know which foods that may be suitable in other stovetop pressure cookers may not be suitable in this one.
Charcoal Companion Stovetop Smoker
- Smoke your favorite foods right in your kitchen
- Compatible with most stovetops including NG/propane and electric; use on induction cooktops with a diffuser
- Reaches 400F (204C) for simultaneous smoking and cooking
- Coated steel body, enameled steel drip pan, stainless steel grate
- Heat-safe silicone handles on lid and base
If you’re in the mood for barbecue but just can’t handle the cold weather or don’t feel like dealing with the heat, this stovetop smoker is a happy medium for preparing your barbecue with healthy nutrients inside. Prepare meat, fish, stuffed mushrooms and more on this stovetop smoker.
- Compatible with most stovetops including NG/propane, electric
- Reaches 400 degrees for cooking and smoking together
- Thermometer, Hickory InstaSmoke tube, wood included
- Dishwasher safe
There’s this common belief that the only thing you can put on a grill is meat, but vegetarians and vegans alike know that these kinds of stovetop smokers lend a bit of creativity and texture variations to their meals.
This one can be used for various vegetables and even hummus without worrying about the spillage. And of course, omnivores will love the smoky flavor of grilled meat and/or fish.
While you don’t have to use the grilling components (ex. wood chips) and can make foods like baked potatoes, don’t miss out on its original intentions too.
- Diffuser recommended if using an induction stovetop
- Not recommended to heat above 400 degrees
You can either cook your full meals separately in a stovetop cooker and add the foods to this stovetop smoker for a final “grilled” taste or prepare it totally on here. Just add one tablespoon of InstaSmoke on a medium flame; add the drip pan and grate in the smoker, and place your food on the grate.
Berghoff Vita Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
- Locks in more vitamins, nutrients and flavour for healthier meals in faster time
- Special advanced design energy-efficient base provides a rapid cook and even heat distribution
- Suitable for all heat sources including induction
- Perfect for vegetables, meats, fruits, fish and grains. Browns, boils, steams, braises, stews and roasts
- Generous 9L capacity. Ideal for family-size meals. Diameter 22cm
Attractive on the outside with its mirror-polished exterior finish and helpful on the inside (interior capacity markings), this stovetop pressure cooker looks great on your stove and makes meals just as eye-catching.
- High-quality stainless steel
- 9 liters
- Overpressure plug with lid lock
- Dishwasher safe
As with other stovetop pressure cookers, this one promises to make meals faster while keeping necessary nutrients intact.
The stay-cool handles make it easy to move from stove to counter to table and back again. With its safety lock, you’ll avoid opening the pressure cooker before it cools off. It’s also suitable for all stoves, including inductions.
- The international version of this product may differ in fit, labeling, instructions
- Manufacturer warranty does not apply to international products
The two-year limited warranty on this cooker gives you time to decide if this is the right one for you.
ExcelSteel Professional Pressure Cooker
- Constructed in durable 18/10 Stainless steel with a heavy duty encapsulated base for an excellent heat distribution.
- Through the use of the pressure cooker, foods retain most of their nutrients while locking in the flavor. The pressure cooker uses comparatively less Energy than the traditional stovetop cooking.
- Foldable handles allow for compact storage, and several safety designs to avoid any accidents in the kitchen.
- Pressure regulator maintains proper cooking pressure while pressure indicator lets you know if the press is at optimal levels inside.
- The safety valve locks the lid when in use and the safety window will release steam when pressure cooker is under excessive pressure.
Some pots are just plain awkward when trying to store. It’s easier to keep them on the stove or a nearby counter. But this ExcelSteel pressure cooker’s foldable handles make it easier to store in tight spaces.
- 18/10 stainless steel
- Heavy-duty encapsulated base
- Foldable handles for compact storage
- Compatible with ceramic, electric, gas, halogen, induction and radiant stovetops
In addition to the pressure indicator safety feature and lock lid when in use, there is a safety window that will let you know when the pressure cooker has reached maximum capacity.
This is not only helpful to avoid repeat glitches but also helps to maintain your pressure cooker longer.
As with other stovetop cookers, there is a heavy-duty encapsulated base to ensure even heat distribution.
- Limited one-year warranty to the original purchaser
- Warranty does not honor drops or extreme temperatures
As with this stovetop pressure cooker and others, test various temperatures (start low and work your way up) to make sure you can learn which foods match which temperatures. This also helps with learning whether this is the best stovetop pressure cooker for you before the warranty is up.
Now that you’ve perused these 12 options for a stovetop pressure cooker, keep these tips in mind. Unlike rice cookers and slow cookers, the best stovetop pressure cookers can make pot roast, chili, stew, steamed fish, vegetables, soups and soup stock, hard-boiled eggs, porridge, rice, quinoa, and even rice. However, for rice, in particular, you may find that your favorite meal in a pressure cooker works best with a rice cooker.
Additionally, if you’re not one to shy away from your favorite products until they completely tap out, a stovetop pressure cooker can last for decades and be passed down to the next generation. If you don’t use it as a storing device (it’s meant to cook but not repeatedly hold and heat up) and are clear on which foods are compatible with which device, stovetop cookers will usually have a long shelf life.
Electric pressure cookers tend to only last for several years. To make any of these 12 stovetop pressure cookers above (or others) last, make sure to properly clean your new appliance and get familiar with settings to make sure you get the best cooking results.
Best Stovetop Pressure Cooker
We have simplified your choice when it comes to finding the best stovetop pressure cooker. Read through these reviews before making your final choice!
- IMUSA Stovetop Aluminum Pressure Cooker
- Culina One-Touch Pressure Cooker
- Ninja Multi-Cooker
- Tramontina Pressure Cooker
- Presto Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
- Ninja 3-in-1 Cooking System
- T-fal Pressure Cooker
- T-fal Pressure Cooker
- Cook Prep Eat 9 quart Pressure Cooker
- Charcoal Companion Stovetop Smoker
- Berghoff Vita Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
- ExcelSteel Professional Pressure Cooker