Stud finders are a handy tool to have around the home. If you want to hang a shelf or even picture frames it can be very important to ensure you nail it into the wall stud or wall anchor point.
Wall studs are the 2 x 4 wood framing that supports the house. So when it comes to doing anything to your walls it is very important to know where the studs are.
Say you want to hang a large mirror, bookcases, shelving or any type of heavy item then you must use a stud finder.
Best Stud Finder
CH Hanson 03040 Magnetic Stud Finder
$7.46 in stock
1 used from $22.00
- Small and compact, easily fits in pocket
- Powerful magnets allows hands free use
- 2 way level for ease of marking
- No batteries required. Scan Depth: 1 inch
- Soft grip for easy grabbing and gentle touch
The CH Hanson 03040 Magnetic Stud Finder is the cheapest stud finder to make the review and as a result, is one of the most popular.
If you are looking for a basic stud finder and you rarely use one then this is a good choice.
The stud finder uses magnetism to locate the wall stud which as I mentioned earlier isn’t the best.
The concern is for the other metallic objects that may be present and therefore not give an accurate reading of the wall stud location.
The CH Hanson 03040 Magnetic Stud Finder has a scan depth of 1inch and boasts an accuracy of +-0.5 inches. There is a bubble level as well.
It is small and compact and easily stored away or in the toolbox. Due to the magnetism, this stud finder is essentially hands-free when in use.
- Small and compact
- Easy to use
- Hands-free due to magnetism
- No batteries needed
- Comfortable to use
- Detects all types metals – not just nails and screws in the wall
For those who don’t use stud finders all that frequently the CH Hanson 03040 Magnetic Stud Finder is an inexpensive tool to have. The popularity of this stud finder and glowing reviews speaks volumes for the product.
ProSensor 710 Franklin Sensors ProSensor 710 Precision Stud Finder
- Uses Multi-Sense Technology to find studs more accurately through difficult surfaces.
- Instantly finds wood studs, metal studs and other hidden objects.
- One-step operation: Press button to turn on. LED lights instantly indicate the location of objects.
- Always-on deep scanning (up to 1.5").
- Can detect multiple objects simultaneously and identify object width.
The ProSensor 710 Franklin Sensors ProSensor 710 Precision Stud Finder is also very popular and used by homeowners to professionals in the industry. This stud finder is designed and assembled in the USA.
The stud sensing technology instantly finds studs without needing to slide the stud finder around. Through LED lights the detector senses the wall in 13 locations and then lights up where the elements in front of the stud.
Stud finder reads double and triple studs making it very effective and efficient at finding studs.
Fast and easy to use the ProSensor 710 Franklin Sensors ProSensor 710 Precision Stud Finder can be easily held and used in one hand and is available in yellow and blue.
- Efficient and very reliable
- Ergonomic handle
- Easy to use
- LED lights to show where the stud is
- Available in yellow or blue
If you want a high quality, highly accurate stud finder then the ProSensor 710 Franklin Sensors ProSensor 710 Precision Stud Finder is the stud finder for you!
Zircon StudSensor e50-FFP Edge Finding Stud Finder
- The Zircon SS e50 electronic stud scanner detects the edges of wood and metal studs and alerts you of live AC wires helping you easily find studs and avoid hazards while mounting a TV, hanging cabinets, installing garage shelving and more
- StudScan mode locates the edges of wood or metal studs up to 0.75 inches (19 mm) deep while DeepScan mode locates targets up to 1.5 inches (38 mm) deep
- WireWarning Detection indicates the presence of live, unshielded electrical AC wiring while scanning in StudScan and DeepScan modes.Operating Temperature:20° to 105°F (-7° to 41°C)
- Patented "Over the Stud" Indicator and SpotLite Pointing System ensure the e50 provides trustworthy results while the ergonomic grip design allows for comfortable use regardless of hand size
- One fully charged 9V battery, not included, is required for the stud scanner to run at optimal performance
The Zircon StudSensor e50-FFP Edge Finding Stud Finder is a budget-friendly yet still highly accurate stud finder.
Featuring electronic scanning the stud finder detects the edges of the wood and metal studs. It also alerts you of live AC wires which is extremely helpful when it comes to mounting a TV, cabinets etc.
The StudScan mode detects up to 0.75inches deep and there is also a DeepScan mode which locates targets up to 1.5inches deep.
The Zircon StudSensor e50-FFP Edge Finding Stud Finder requires one 9V battery which isn’t included with the purchase.
With an easy to read LCD display, there is also a SpotLite Pointer that shines an arrow-shaped light onto the wall which marks the target.
- Ergonomic, comfortable handle
- Easy to use
- Scans 0.75 to 1.5inches deep depending on mode
- Easy marking with the SpotLite Pointer
- Not too consistent with locating studs
The Zircon StudSensor e50-FFP Edge Finding Stud Finder has two different scanning modes giving it a deep reading from 0.75 to 1.5inches. Quite a popular stud finder but I think there are better ones on the market.
ProSensor T6 Professional Stud Finder
- Quick and Easy
- Instantly Finds Studs - No Calibration Required
- Displays Stud Center and Edges Simultaneously. Detects Wood and Metal
- Accurate and Deep Sensing
- 6 Precision Sensors, Always on Deep Scanning, Multi-Sense Technology
The ProSensor T6 Professional Stud Finder is the smaller more compact version of the Franklin ProSensor earlier in the review.
Comprising of 6 sensors this stud finder is accurate and can detect studs in a wider area. There is no calibration required and it is very easy to use.
The LED lights illuminate when the center and edge of the studs are located.
ProSensor T6 Professional Stud Finder is highly accurate and will get the job done efficiently and effectively.
- Accurate and easy to use
- 6 sensors
- LED lights to show the stud location
- Comfortable to use
- Not as reliable as the full version – ProSensor 710 Franklin Sensors ProSensor 710 Precision Stud Finder
Overall the ProSensor T6 Professional Stud Finder is a great stud finder that is compact yet effective.
Zircon MetalliScanner m40- FFP Handheld Electronic Metal Detector
- Zircon's MetalliScanner m40 metal detector locates ferrous (magnetic) metal and non-ferrous (non-magnetic) metal
- Quickly and easily detects metal in wood, drywall, paneling, tile, stucco, plaster, concrete and other non-metallic surfaces
- Works as a great stud finder for plaster walls, as well as finding rebar in concrete
- Easily finds plumbing, ductwork, rebar, nails and screws in your walls, floors and ceilings
- Now in easy open packaging, 9 volt battery included
The Zircon MetalliScanner m40- FFP Handheld Electronic Metal Detector is highly effective at detecting both magnetic metal and non-magnetic material.
Due to this it can detect very easily metal in wood, drywall, paneling, tile, stucco, plaster, concrete, and other non-metallic surfaces as well. This is a very versatile stud finder!
The Zircon MetalliScanner m40- FFP Handheld Electronic Metal Detector runs off a 9-volt battery which is included with the purchase.
It can detect metal behind walls up to 4 inches deep and for non- ferrous or non-magnetic up to 2 inches deep.
- 40 functions
- Easy to use
- Handle is easy to hold and grip
- LED lights to indicate signal strength
- Requires calibration
The Zircon MetalliScanner m40- FFP Handheld Electronic Metal Detector is very multi functional device that will find just about anything in your walls!
Precision Sensor ProFinder 6000+ Professional Stud Finder
$49.92 in stock
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 0853435004262|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 260; Length: 1472; Weight: 103; Width: 1098|
|Product Group||Home Improvement|
|Product Type Name||TOOLS|
|Title||Precision Sensor ProFinder 6000+ Professional Stud Finder|
|UPC List||UPC List Element: 853435004262|
The Precision Sensor ProFinder 6000+ Professional Stud Finder is the last stud finder to make the list! The updated or newer version of the 5000+ stud finder, this one is highly accurate and efficient.
Simple to use, just press and scan and the device does the rest for you. There is also a built-in bubble level, integrated ruler and convenient pencil caddy.
There are a total of 13 sensors on this device that can detect up to 1.7inches deep. It can detect both wood and metal.
The Precision Sensor ProFinder 6000+ Professional Stud Finder needs 2 AA batteries to operated and they are included with the purchase.
Stud Finder Sensor Wall Scanner
$29.99 in stock
- The Most Accurate Wall Scanner- Tavool specializes in stud finder for years and adopts the most Advance Sensors Technology for accurately & quickly locating studs wood metal AC wires! In all modes, this wall scanner always detect and indicate the Live AC Wire. Whether you are a professional, homeowner or a DIY enthusiast, you can find great use in this electronic stud scanner
- 4 IN 1 Multiplication Plus Deep Detection - This digital wall scanner includes four different scanning modes for woods, beam, joist, metals, AC wires and deeply embedded objects behind floor, ceiling, wall. Stud mode detects wooden beams and joists in drywall up to 1.2 inches. Metal mode detects pipe , rebar, aluminum and copper up to 1.57 inches.Deep mode detects wood and metal parts located up to 1.77 inches while 85~240 volt AC current for voltage and live electrical lines up to 2.36 inches
- Upgrade Design of LCD Screen - Displaying the Desired Stud Material As Well As the Precise Position of the Stud - The Tavool digital stud scanner features large LCD display together with the big sound to detect the accurate location of stud metal Ac wires. When find the material, the LCD display will indicate the direction and the intensity of sound tells whether you are more close to the target. The fast detection saves users time and efforts, making the task completion EASIER
- Automatic Calibration and Ergonomic Grip for Comfortable Use - Turning on the stud finder and Completing Calibration. The automatic calibration before using provides users with maximum reliability and accuracy. Then put it on the wall. The wood beam finder will flash once it has picked up the edge of a stud.The ergonomic design of this wall stud finder makes it comfortable to hold from any angle
- Professional Design with Top Quality - Tavool has been dedicated to Research and develop stud finders for many years, and we have a professional team and mature productions process. This stud joist finder wall detector can quickly locate the metal wood AC wire that are hidden in the walls, floors and ceilings of your house, help you find the exact stud while installing TVs, cabinets, garage shelves etc.
If you are looking for a stud finder that works efficiently and provides quality results, then consider Tavool. It is popular for its accuracy, and this makes it one of the best you can find on the market.
The stud finder utilizes an advanced sensor technology which brings about accurate and quick results. It effectively locates studs, wood, metals, AC wires, etc. For improved safety, the stud finder detects and indicates live wires in the wall. Depending on what you want you to use a stud finder for, this one will give you quality results.
This digital wall scanner includes four different scanning modes. That is for woods, beams, joists, metals, AC wires and other deeply embedded objects in walls, ceilings or floors. The stud mode detects wooden beams and joists up to 1.2 inches. The metal mode locates pipe, rebar, aluminum, and copper up to 1.57 inches. The deep mode can find metal parts and wood up to 1.77 inches deep. The AC mode comes in handy to locate live wires up to 2.36 inches deep.
It features a large LCD which indicates the direction and intensity of beeping. This tells you how far or close you are to the target object. The quick detection saves on time making your task much easier to complete. Additionally, the stud finder has a comfortable grip for easy use, and with the automatic calibration, you can read results easily.
- Accurate and reliable
- Easy to use
- Comfortable to hold
- Easy-to-read display
- Multiple uses
When the Tavool stud finder is on, you could complete the calibration until the beep sound, and screen shows disappear. The calibration provides you with readability and more accuracy. The wood beam finer flashes and beeps once it finds the edge of the stud. It is indeed a handy tool for DIYs and other house projects.
Stud Finder Wall Scanner
- 【Safety always comes first】 VIVREAL devotes to developing a reliable stud finder and helping you to detect the hazard. No more worries about the annoying little things during decoration with the help of this stud finder. QUICKLY LOCATE the edges and center of the objects, saving users time and effort, making the task completion EASIER. This wall scanner can detect the Live AC Wire in all modes. Our advanced technology enables accuracy detection to protect you from danger.
- 【FOUR SCANNING MODES】The stud finder provides four scanning modes in total for detection. Depending on the tasks you have, you can switch to the desired mode. The STUD SCAN is used for finding and locating the center and edges of wood or metal studs up to 3/4 in (19mm) deep; DEEP MODE for scanning walls for 1 1/(2 ) in (38mm) deep; METAL SCAN for locating and detecting metal (such as 1/2 inch rebar) up to 2 1/(4 )in (60mm) deep; and AC SCAN for locating live AC wires up to 2 in (51mm) deep.
- 【GRAPHICAL LCD DISPLAY】The multi Function wall scanner detector has a GRAPHICAL LCD DISPLAY, which indicates many cues in detection, such as detection mode, signal strength, automatic calibration, battery indication with maximum readability. And the Low Battery Indicator icon displays when the battery level is getting low, reminding you to replace a brand new 9-volt battery in time.
- 【SOUND WARNING】The multi-function stud finder offers the BEEP SIGNAL ALERT. When you have detected an object with the wall scanner, it will beep continually. The big sound warning together with the LCD screen helps detect the accurate location of the objects. Then a peck shape will display on the graphical screen. You can use the pencil to point to the location of the object. The audible and visible cues reliably keep users informed when an object, such as metal, studs, AC live wiring gets found
- 【SIMPLE AND FAST】The stud finder wall scanner can QUICKLY LOCATE the edges and center of metal studs, pipes, rebar, joists behind walls, floors, and ceilings as well as the live AC wires. Fast detection saves users time and efforts, making the task completion EASIER. One button on the middle of the body is used for selecting from four scanning modes. The other button is on the left side of the device, which helps you easily read the information on LCD screen and quickly detect the objects behind
Stud finders that can locate a variety of objects on hidden surfaces come in handy for different projects. This one from Vivreal is an excellent example of one that works effectively to find various objects on different surfaces.
The stud finder operates on four different modes. The stud scan works to find and locate the center and edges of wood or metal studs up to ¾ inches. The metal scan finds metal such as ½ rebar up to 2 ¼ inches deep. The deep mode can scan and locate walls for 1 ½ inch deep. The forth AC scan can find live wires up to 2 inches deep.
It has a graphic LCD which shows many parameters in detection. These are the mode, signal strength, battery indication, automatic calibration, etc. the low battery indicator icon displays when the battery is running low to remind you to replace before it exhausts.
This multi-function stud finder has a sound warning feature. It has a beep sound which acts when it detects an object. When you are scanning, the stud finder beeps continually and increases the sound intensity once it finds the exact location of the object, depending on the mode you choose.
- Easy to use
- Accurate results
- Easy display
- Comfortable grip
- Does not detect all metals, e.g. copper
The Vivreal stud finder will automatically calibrate itself when turned on. The calibration occurs when you place the device on the wall where there is no object. It is accurate and precise which makes it a handy tool for simple tasks. It is easy to use, and you can rely on it to find any object in walls, ceilings or floors.
Veken Stud Finder
- 【➤4-In-1 wall Detector】Veken stud finder offers 4 detection modes to meet all the needs of home wall DIY projects. The stud mode is for finding and locating the center and edges of wood, metal studs, and AC wire.
- 【➤More Accurate & Quicker】 The automatic calibration design ensures you get the most accurate result. And the LCD display will indicate the position and the beeping intensity signals when you are closer to the desired target.
- 【➤Easy to use】Two button operation. Firstly, simply press the “scan” button to begin automatic calibration and after scan horizontally across the object’s surface. Then, determine results based on the LCD display and warning sounds.
- 【➤Simple design and wide application】 The stud finder sensor feature an excellent circuit design comprised of high quality components that is lightweight, long-lasting, easy to use and convenient to have around the home, office, workshop, etc.
- 【➤Veken Guarantee 】 With over 2500 positive reviews received, we are confident that our product will not only meet but exceed your expectation. Additionally, we offer a 2 year guarantee and a lifetime service on all of our products.
When using a stud finder, accuracy is an essential feature that it has to meet. The Veken Stud Finder is designed to provide accurate and precise results in simple steps.
The stud finder has four modes for you to get the most out of it. It is a handy tool for DIYs and simple home projects. The deep mode scans walls for 1.5 inches deep. The metal mode locates metal up to 2.36 inches. The stud mode works to find and establish the center and edges of wood up to ¾ inches. The AC mode locates live AC wires up to 2 inches deep.
The stud finder has an automatic calibration technique. You need to hold the button until complete calibration by placing the stud finder on the wall when the screen shows and beep sound disappears. The automatic calibration helps with readability and accuracy which reduces errors and invalid results.
This stud finder is easy to use and provides you results in no time. It works by using only two buttons where one selects the mode, and the other is the scan button. This design makes it easy to figure out without the need for multiple processes to run the stud finder. It has a warning sound to alert you when an object is detected.
- Great value
- Easy to use
- Simple design
- Different modes
- Quick results
- Easy-to-read display
- Does not work well on textured surfaces
The Veken Stud Finder stud finder has an excellent circuit design and high-quality components to get you reliable results with minimal effort. It works efficiently to locate different objects in the wall, ceilings, and floors which makes it a must-have for various house projects. It is lightweight and has an excellent grip to enhance user experience.
Studpop Magnetic Stud Finder
1 used from $8.23
- Unlike other stud finders, its indicator moves and clicks when a metal fastener is found.
- Powerful magnets will detect metal fasteners up to 0.5” deep
- Works with most construction types: plaster, wood lath, sheetrock, and metal studs
- The most accurate stud finder. Easy to use, no batteries or calibration required.
- AMAZON CHOOSES COLOR
The ideal stud finder should work on different surfaces to find various objects. This magnetic stud finder from Studpop is worth considering for a variety of projects that require object detection within surfaces.
One of the challenges of using a magnetic stud finder is that sometimes you have to feel the magnet tagging on the object once it detects it. But, with this one, it automatically holds on to the area without the need for you to find the exact area where the object is. Compared to other magnetic stud finders, this one is quite accurate and quick.
It works on plaster, lath, sheetrock, and tile. It locates stud edges and centers quickly in any ceiling or wall. The best thing about this stud finder is that it works pretty well on textured walls. It digs deep to detect objects as deep as 9 inches into the surfaces.
The stud finder has advanced features and design to provide you with the best experience. The unique popper indicates when it finds the hidden metal stud fasteners that are lodged into the wall or any other surface. It is made using premium ABS plastic which is designed to withstand regular use.
- Works efficiently
- Easy to use
- Indicates easily
- Works on different surfaces
- Reliable results
- Only locates up to ½ inch deep in walls
Another great thing is that the stud finder does not require the use of batteries to work efficiently. Also, it does not need calibration to get you the desired results. You can favorite frame, mirror or picture is more comfortable with the magnetic stud finder. You only need to side to slide it along the wall, and the indicator will show when the magnet finds a metal fastener in the wall.
Stud Finder Wall Scanner
- Backlit LCD display: features a built-in backlit digital LCD screen, which indicates many cues in detection, such as detection mode, signal strength, automatic calibration and battery power Indication.
- Smart Beep Function: With an audible beep to remind you of the stud's location and position to find the stud center quickly.
- Wide application: multi-functional stud finder for wood, metal, deep, AC current. Quickly locates edges and center of the wood, wall Studs, metal pipes, wooden Joist, rebar behind walls, floors, and ceilings, also indicates the presence of live AC Wire.
- Four Scanning Modes: The SMA19 stud finder provides 4 scanning modes in total for detection. Depending on the tasks you have, you can switch to the desired mode. Stud scan mode, DEEP mode, Metal scan mode and AC scan. Before using, please check the manual and you can get the scan depth of different modes.
- Easy to use: one button on the middle of the body is used for selecting from four scanning modes. The other button is on the left side of the device, which helps you easily read the information on LCD screen and quickly detect the objects behind walls. Rubber paint is sprayed on the surface of the SMA19, the hand feels very comfortable and firm grip.
This SainSmart Stud Finder is an excellent choice for small home projects as well as large professional construction works. It is designed to provide quick results in an easy scan process.
The stud finder has a backlit LCD display which shows different cues such as signal strength, detection mode, automatic calibration, and battery power indication. It comes in handy to read and show what the finder detects without having to make any guesses. It has a smart beep function that reminds you of the stud’s location and position to find the center quickly.
There are four different modes including the deep mode, metal scan, stud scan mode, and AC scan. Depending on the kind of tasks you have, you can use any of the modes to find a specific object. But, you need to go through the manual to scan the depth of the various modes. Each has a different thickness and will detect in minutes of setting up the stud finder.
- Easy to use
- Has four different scanning modes
- Comfortable grip
- Has a beeping sound for easy detection
- LCD display
- Reliable and accurate results
- Couldn’t find any
It is pretty easy to use the SainSmart Stud Finder. It comes with a single button in the middle of the device for selecting the different modes. The other button that is provided is on the left side which is designed to help you read the display easily. This, in turn, helps to quickly detect the objects found behind the walls or other surfaces. The stud finder has a rubber spray on the surface which gives it a comfortable grip for easy use.
$19.40 in stock
1 used from $17.42
- Stud Sensor Scanner Depth: Detects stud up to 0.71 inches (18mm) , metal up to 3 inches (76mm) , deep scanning up to 1.25 inches (32mm), presence of live wire up to 3 inches (76mm) .
- 3 in 1 : Multi-scanner stud finder for Wood, Metal, Deep, AC Current. Quickly locates edges and center of wood ,wall studs, metal pipes,wooden joist ,rebar behind walls, floors and ceilings, also indicates the presence of live AC wire .
- Easy to Read : LCD with digital display and continuous sound warning indicating you the location of the edges of the studs.
- Easy to Use : Only three buttons, first press ON/OFF button, then select the probe type ,after that just press and hold the “Scan button”(at the left side of the device) and scan horizontally across the object surface. Auto power off without any operation after 60 seconds .
- Compact design is easy to hold and use. Low battery indication. Battery :1x9V battery（included）.
One of the qualities of a functional stud finder is the compact size. You want one that you can easily hold and move around without feeling any strain on your wrist. The Kuled Stud Finder is one of these and comes with a comfortable grip for easy use.
The stud sensor detects studs up to 1.71 inches and metal up to 3 inches. It also scans deep up to 1.25 inches and can identify live wires up to 3 inches deep into walls, ceiling or floors. It is a 3 in 1 scanner for wood, metal, deep and AC. This feature makes it a suitable choice for small house projects.
It quickly locates the edges and center of the wood, wall studs, metal pipes, and wooden joist. It can also be used to detect rebar behind walls, floors, and ceilings. If you need to locate where your AC lines pass, this stud finder can be a useful tool. You can get so much out of this small yet functional piece with few steps for quality results.
The stud finder is easy to use and only features three buttons. The first is the on and off button. The second step involves the probe type to determine the scan mode you wish to use. The last step is to press scan and hold horizontally across the object surface. The best part is that after 60 seconds the stud finder automatically switches off to save of batteries.
- 3-in-1 stud finder
- Easy to use
- Compact size
- Readable LCD display
- Auto-power feature
- Comes with a battery
- It is not accurate on textured walls
One of the features you will love with the Kuled Stud Finder is the easy to read LCD display. It shows the different parameters during the scan to show the progress. The sound warming helps to show the edges of the studs for quick results.
Types of Stud Finders
Electronic Stud Finders
These are the most popular stud finders and work by measuring the relative density of the wall area.
If a higher density is detected it will light up which shows there is a stud there.
Magnetic Stud Finders
The cheaper version of electronic stud finders. As the name suggests it uses magnetism to identify if there are any nails or screws in the studs.
They aren’t as accurate or as quick to find studs as electronic ones but still work. The other issue with magnetic stud finders is they will pick up any product in the wall that is magnetic.
This includes any piping or metal conduits so make sure you keep that in mind.
When it comes to buying a stud finder there are many to choose from. The key thing to consider is the accuracy of the device. There are two methods of detection – electronic which measures the density or magnetic which detects metal in the walls. When it comes to the best stud finder trust our detailed reviews for making an educated and informed decision!
Best Stud Finders
If you are remodelling your home or even just hanging a picture a stud finder is a very helpful tool to use! Find the studs in your wall instantly, making your projects hassle free.
- CH Hanson 03040 Magnetic Stud Finder
- ProSensor 710 Franklin Sensors ProSensor 710 Precision Stud Finder
- Zircon StudSensor e50-FFP Edge Finding Stud Finder
- ProSensor T6 Professional Stud Finder
- Zircon MetalliScanner m40- FFP Handheld Electronic Metal Detector
- Precision Sensor ProFinder 6000+ Professional Stud Finder
- Stud Finder Sensor Wall Scanner
- Stud Finder Wall Scanner
- Veken Stud Finder
- Studpop Magnetic Stud Finder
- Stud Finder Wall Scanner
- Stud Finder