Suunto is synonymous with technology and innovation. This is because this brand has been thrilling the world with numerous inventions. They have been making monumental scientific leaps since the company was launched 75 years ago. The brainchild of Tuomas Vohlonen, Suunto has been helping the world’s leading teams and individuals achieve the impossible.
From tiny computers to sports watches, Suunto really does do it all. You do not have to be a record-breaker, scientist, or Olympian to enjoy the fruits of this company’s labors, however. There are plenty of Suunto dive watches, Suunto fitness watches, Suunto GPS watches, Suunto watches for men, and Suunto watches women. The new Suunto watch models include the Suunto watch GPS and Suunto heart rate watch.
If you like diving to the hazy depths of the ocean or any body of water, you are going to need the appropriate equipment. Most importantly, you are going to require the right Suunto dive watch. This review consists of all of the Suunto watches that will be a perfect match for you. Read on to discover the right accessory:
Best Suunto Dive Watches
SUUNTO Zoop Novo Wrist Watch
- Operating modes: air, nitrox, gauge and freedom modes
- Programmable for 21% to 50% oxygen mixtures
- Imperial or metric programmable, decompression stop data, audible alarms
- Back Lite display, easy to read in low light & night conditions
- Maximum depth display: 330' (100 meters)
Suunto diving watches are typically considered to be for expert divers. This is what is so great about the Zoop dive computer – it is great for beginners. If you are looking for comprehensive information about a dive, this is the Suunto dive computer watch for you.
This Suunto diving watch allows you to choose from 5 diving modes – nitro mode, air mode, gauge mode, free dive mode, and off mode. This way, you will get to choose your settings depending on the type of diving that you are doing. This is great for someone who likes to mix up their diving strategies every now and then.
Another great feature of this dive watch Suunto is that you can modify the computer’s algorithm, depending on your preferences. For instance, if there are any particular environments that are harmful to you, you can change the settings accordingly.
If you are diving over 30 feet, the watch will display stop information. This information can be of two types – recommended or mandatory stop. Depending on the situation, the adequate details will be provided.
- Multiple diving modes
- Personal alterations
- Stop information
- Water resistance up to 80m
- Easy to use
- May be a little lacking for more experienced divers
- 80m can be shallow for some divers
If this is your first time trying out Suunto dive watches, then this is a great choice to start with. It is especially great if you are not familiar with dive computers. This easy to use dive watch will be a good entry-level watch to help you get started.
Suunto Eon Steel Black & Stainless
- Customize to match your evolving needs, Visually intuitive, consistent presentation
- Simple, easy interaction with menus and buttons, Bright, high contrast display for easy reading in any dive conditions
- Use with strap or bungee Flip display, Brushed stainless steel bezel, Highly durable and resistant Xensation glass
- Robust mechanical construction, Extensively tested and built to last, Guaranteed to 150 m depth
- Gauge/Air/Nitrox/Trimix/CCR (fixed point) - Suunto Fused RGBM for maximizing dive time, Monitor multiple tank pressures with the new Suunto Tank POD
A leader among Suunto diving watches, the Suunto EON Steel dive computer is certainly well equipped. Whatever your diving needs are, this Suunto diving watch is sure to answer them. If you want a well-rounded piece of technology, your search stops here.
If you like the latest in diving technology, prepare to be impressed. This Suunto watch comes equipped with a wireless tank transmitter. Simply fix the transmitter on to the tank and you will have access to an incredible amount of information. This includes pressure and battery readings along with the wearer’s breathing rate.
Maximum depth warnings and pressure limits are just some of the safety features on this diving computer. As long as you have this strapped to your wrist, you are not going to have to worry about your health. There is essentially an alarm for any issue that you may be concerned about, underwater.
All of these added features cannot possibly be seen on a typical clock face. This is why the design of the EON steel dive computer is rectangular-shaped. This way, all of the readings are clearly displayed on the watch face. This is particularly useful as this computer also doubles as a Suunto compass watch.
- Wireless transmission
- Excellent safety features
- Up to 150m water resistance
- This watch is certainly larger, heavier, and bulkier than other Suunto models
If you can withstand the added heft that comes with this diving computer, you are in for a treat. You will certainly not be able to complain about being left out of the loop on another dive again.
SUUNTO D4i Novo Scuba Diving Computer
- 4 modes incl. freediving
- Light weight
- Optional wireless air integration
- Suunto RGBM
One of the most notable features of the D4i Novo watch is its versatility. In addition to being a great dive watch, it can be worn as an everyday timepiece as well. Despite this flexibility, it is still very much a dive watch with all of the features that it entails. If you are looking for something that is fun yet precise, this is the watch for you.
Four Dive Modes
This Suunto sports watch has four different dive modes that you can choose from. These are Air, Freedive, Nitrox, and Gauge. Regardless of what your driving preference is, the D4i Novo will cater to it. Thus, it is great for professional and recreational divers.
If you are a fan of personal bests, this diving watch will make sure to accurately and precisely record all of your information. You will be able to record your real depth and store the details for a long time thanks to an 80-hour interval dive log. Simply glancing at the display is enough to easily see all of your current information as well.
It can be easy to lose track of your vitals and depth when you are diving. This is why the safety stop function on this diving watch is so helpful. Once you get past a particular depth, you will be informed of whether or not you should be performing a stop.
- Keeps excellent records
- Safety functions
- Multiple dive modes
- Reliable up to 100 m
- Although not the smallest Suunto watch, the display is a little crowded
If you want to add a little flair to all those computer algorithms, the D4i Novo lets you do that. You can choose from several fun colors for the look that you want. Apart from that, it is a good, dependable dive watch.
Suunto Vyper & USB Interface Dive Computer
- Suunto Vyper & USB Interface Dive Computer Ss019540000
This brand of watches Suunto is known for creating fully equipped watches. The Vyper Air is no exception to this rule. In fact, if you are looking for a dive watch that has it all, this is a great watch to start with. The functions, personalization settings, and safety features make it a must-have for any diver.
Easy to Use
This cannot always be said about all Suunto models but it is true of the Vyper Air. In addition to having a comprehensive menu, it is quite easy to navigate through the many options afforded by this dive watch. In addition to a pleasant user interface, it is also equipped with four operation controls.
This particular model offers three separate dive modes. These are Air mode, Gauge mode, and Nitrox mode. It can be used in a variety of situations, depending on your preferred style.
In addition to the many safety features such as maximum depth and cylinder pressure alarms, the settings can be customized as well. Depending on your susceptibilities, you are able to set a variety of conditions. This way, you can be sure not to overtax yourself.
As an added bonus, the Suunto watch compass features are enabled as well. The 3D compass means that you will never have to worry about navigating unfamiliar waters again.
- Easy interface
- Several dive modes
- Settings can be customized
- Easy navigation with digital compass
- The deep stop feature can be a little conservative for more experienced divers
There are many advantages involved with this dive watch that it is difficult to find fault. It is easy to use, helps divers be safer, and comes equipped with a compass.
SUUNTO D6i Novo with UBS Wrist Scuba Computer
- Air/Nitrox/Gauge & Free Modes
- Rated 150 m, tilt-compensated 3D compass
- Nitrox up to 99 % Oxygen (3 gases)
- Wireless air integration option
- Connectivity to Suunto DM5 with USB cable included
This dive computer embodies all of the benefits of a Suunto dive watch. This includes all of the high tech features that make this such a popular brand. It also fully encompasses all of the usual safety features.
This Suunto watch consists of four dive modes. These are Air, Gauge, Nitrox, and free diving. You are clearly not lacking for options with this particular model. Most notably, the freediving mode is a spot above the rest.
Current depth, ascent rate, water temperature, maximum depth reached, and dive time are just some of the options available to you on your screen. With just a push of a button, each of these details will be displayed on an easy to read screen.
There are many pre-set conditions that you can choose from. Thus, you can tailor your dive just how you want it. If you only want to go to a particular depth or want to be notified about your dive time, the settings can be arranged. It also makes it a handy safety device to have around.
- Four dive modes
- Lots of available information
- Digital compass
- Alarms can be set
- Battery cannot be easily replaced
All in all, this is a comprehensive dive computer watch to have around. It will certainly make your dives a lot more interesting as well as safe.
SUUNTO Traverse Graphite
- Upload routes to your watch, and you're ready to explore new terrains with the help of GPS and glonass Satellite navigation systems
- Follow your Progress with distance and altitude statistics, save points of interest and re trace your steps using the breadcrumb trail
- Barometric Trend helps predict weather changes, and storm alarm alerts you when it's time to find shelter
- Sunrise and sunset times keep you informed of the Available daylight hours. Up to 100 hours battery life
- Stay up to date with GPS timekeeping, incoming calls, texts and push notifications from your Smartphone to your watch. Silicone Strap
The Suunto Traverse is built and tested in Finland to ensure it can resist the extreme cold and snowy conditions. This watch comes with fantastic features for a seamless adventure both on the ground and underwater. It has a sturdy construction and can last you years to come with regular use.
As much as this watch matches expert divers and adventures, it can be a useful daily watch for just about everyone. It comes in a modern look and versatile functions for everyday experiences. With the GPS timekeeping and the automatic DST adjustment, you can keep time wherever you are. Also, you can track your activity levels with the step and calories count.
Save the experience
After your long day of snorkeling or ice skating, you can save the entire record from the watch. With the Suunto Movescount app, you can send all the data and access it from your smartphone. Also, the app allows you to share your experience with friends and family. That way, you can use the watch to advance in your activity; thanks to the shared experiences.
The Suunto Traverse watch is resistant to water up to 330 feet. You can take it with you for light diving activities such as snorkeling, swimming, spearfishing, etc. The composite case of this watch feels light on your wrist, and the stainless steel bezel protects the recessed screen from water damage.
- Excellent for outdoor activities
- Perfect for advanced divers
- Easy to set and control
- Comfortable on the wrist
- The app is difficult to figure out
The Suunto Traverse can be used for a variety of activities in the outdoors. With fantastic features and high-quality construction, the watch is worth a buy. It has proven to work well in different conditions and is recommended for its outstanding quality.
SUUNTO Core Regular Watch
1 used from $97.43
- An altimeter tracks your vertical movement, a barometer tells the Trend in air pressure, and a compass points the way
- Suunto core tracks both the weather and the sun for you
- A weather Trend graph and storm alarm along with preset sunrise/sunset times for over 400 locations help you stay safe and Plan your activities
- With stylish designs in more than a handful of variations, you are sure to find just the right Suunto core for your style
- Wrist-top computer watch with altimeter, barometer, compass, and depth meter for outdoor adventures
The Suunto Core Premium watch combines the modern design with the essential outdoor functions to give you a watch you can use for all activities. With the natural stainless steel and sapphire glass crystal, the watch matches up to any style making it an ideal daily watch.
It can be challenging to track the weather when you need to go out diving especially in a new environment. Luckily, with this watch, you can easily tell when it is most appropriate to go out on an adventure. This Suunto watch has a weather trend graph and a storm alarm with preset sun times for over 400 locations. This feature helps you to stay safe and plan your outdoor activities accordingly.
The watch is undoubtedly one of the most elegant designs you can find in a dive watch. It combines functionality with a simple design that makes it useful for day-to-day activities. Additionally, it comes in different color combinations and accents so you can find the most interesting one to suit your style.
This is not your usual type of watch you would find at your local store. It comes with an altimeter, barometer, compass and depth meter. These functions help you to figure out the outdoor conditions before you can take on an adventure. The watch functions include dual time, date, alarm, sports chronograph, and a countdown timer.
- Useful features
- Easy to set and use
- Comfortable wrist
- Elegant design
- High-quality construction
- The compass is inconsistent after a while
This Suunto watch is ideal for light diving, swimming, and other outdoor activities. As much as the compass is not as accurate as it should be, all the other features function as needed.
SUUNTO D6i Novo Zulu Scuba Diving Wrist Computer
- 5 modes including freediving
- Gas-switching between up to 3 gases
- 3D compass, optional wireless air integration
- Suunto RGBM
The Suunto D6i Novo Zulu is the ideal watch for advanced divers and those looking to take scuba diving as a serious sport. It comes in a simple design to ensure you have an easy time controlling it underwater. Also, the watch is designed with amazing features to enhance the overall experience underwater.
Five different modes
The Suunto D6i Novo Zulu has five dive modes. The air mode is designed for diving with standard air while the Nitrox mode works with one to three nitrox mixes. The Gauge mode is useful as a bottom timer while the free dive mode works well for breath-hold divers. In the Nitrox mode, you can accelerate decompression by switching to a gas mix that has high oxygen.
Ease of use
This Suunto watch is designed for easy use both underwater and on the ground. It is easy to sync with Movescount where you can log in and share dive data, images and videos with other people. The watch offers optional wireless air integration; thanks to the tilt-compensated 3D compass. It is accurate regardless of the direction of the wrist.
This watch comes with a toned-down style that works for everyone. It features a steel case that spices up the bold black look of the watch. Additionally, it has a sapphire crystal glass with an anti-reflective coating that lets you read regardless of the conditions. It is available in a black, blue and stealth color.
- Easy to use and read
- Ideal for advanced divers
- The transmitter reads accurate pressure
- Comfortable on the skin
- The strap is not long enough to wear with a dry suit sleeve
This watch model is specifically designed for adventurous scuba divers that need a reliable and functional watch all through. It is packed with amazing features and has a simple design for ease of use.
SUUNTO Vyper Novo Wrist Computer
- Optional wireless air integration
- Monitor tank pressure and air consumption
- True reading 3D compass
- Programmable for 21% to 99% oxygen mixtures
- Air, nitrox, gauge and free dive modes
This Suunto Vyper Novo Watch comes in a simple design that provides easy-to-read dive information on a durable interface. It is the perfect choice for divers that want to take it up a level in their skills. It has advanced features that come in handy in exploring the depths and enhancing your diving skills.
The Suunto Vyper Novo watch has five modes that include air, nitrox, gauge, free and off. It allows gas switching up to three gases for oxygen up to 99 percent. On this note, the watch features an innovative apnea timer for free diving along with a timer in the air and Nitrox modes.
The wrist dive computer in white comes with a protective rubber boot and a USB download cable. It includes the sought after advanced function of optional air integration which eliminates the need for additional SPG’s, therefore, streamlining your gear setup. For underwater navigation, the Vyper Novo watch is equipped with a built-in tilt-compensated 3D digital compass to help you explore the depths.
After your exploration underwater, you can share the dive info from the watch using the USB cable provided. Also, the watch is compatible with the Suunto Movesvount app which allows you to share files with other people on the same app. This feature comes in handy to learn and interact with other divers who can impact your diving skills.
- Easy to use and control
- Allows data sharing
- Works well for advanced divers
- Comfortable on the wrist
- Alert volume is low
The Suunto Vyper Dive Watch is an ideal choice for a diver that wants to grow the skill and still makes use of a simple watch. It is packed with necessary features to suit primary diving needs for a seamless experience.
SUUNTO Core Wrist-Top Computer Watch
- Wrist-top computer watch with altimeter, barometer, compass and depth meter for outdoor adventures
- Altimeter displays current elevation (up to 9000 meters), shows ascent or descent speed and records progress
- Intelligent storm alarm senses drops in air pressure and notifies you of approaching storms
- The Suunto Core provides current and maximum depth reached during your snorkeling dive; Maximum depth of the device is 10m
- Watch functions include time, dual time, date, alarm, sports chronograph, countdown timer and sunrise and sunset times for over 400 locations worldwide; 2 year warranty
This Suunto Core Wrist-top watch is a useful device that collects a range of data to help you maneuver your way in different conditions. It helps you to track your progress by showing essential parameters during activity. The watch is a must-have item for anyone that loves outdoor activities including swimming and snorkeling.
The watch comes with an altimeter, barometer, compass and a depth meter for outdoor adventures. These built-in accessories help you to track the general conditions, so you know when and where to take on your outdoor challenge. These are effective and make your overall experience worthwhile. Additionally, they are easy to set and ready for prompt action when you need to change the settings.
The watch has functions that include time, dual time, date alarm and sports chronograph. These come in handy in ensuring you keep track of the time and other parameters without having to change the settings. It also shows sunrise and sunset times for over 400 locations.
The watch comes with an 8-inch band that is fitted with a tang clasp. This is one of the simplest band styles that are easy to close and open for most people. It features a 49 mm case diameter and a case thickness of 14 mm. The watch has a round case design which is considered suitable for most people.
- Easy to use
- Beautiful light black design
- Includes helpful features
- Bezel scratches easily
- The light is low in the dark
The Suunto Core Wrist-Top watch is ideal for both daily use and outdoor activities. As much as it is fragile and not easily visible at night, it has shown high performance during the day with the right application.
SUUNTO Spartan Sport
- Battery life up to 12 hours in training mode
- Steel bezel, mineral Crystal Glass, and an outdoor grade color touch screen
- Strong and sleek design with100 meter water resistance
- GPS route navigation
- Sport specific training modes and support for over 80 sports with racing and interval use
As the name suggests, this Suunto model is specifically designed for sports lovers. It features crucial functions to track different activities and highlight essential parameters. It comes with 80 sports modes that are preinstalled to suit nearly all kinds of sports you would think of. On this note, it is water-resistant up to 330 feet allowing you to use it for water games as well.
Built for the outdoors
The watch comes with a state-of-the-art color touch screen that features a wide viewing angle that offers excellent visibility outdoors. As you take on an activity, you can operate the watch using the three buttons. This makes it easy to control underwater or during high-intensity exercise. It has sapphire glass and a stainless steel bezel to withstand use in different conditions.
The Spartan Sport is designed to accurately measure your pace, speed, distance, heart rate and calories. In swimming mode, the watch tracks the distance and the pace. Also, it shows automatic intervals as you swim to track your progress. It features the triathlon and multi-sport mode which you can easily switch depending on the activity. As a dive watch, this one will last you up to 12 hours in the training mode without the need to recharge.
- Useful for a variety of activities
- Tracks well underwater
- Easy to set and run
- Comfortable and adjustable band
- Does not allow modifying shortcuts
- Few accuracy issues with the step counter
This watch is ideal for the active individuals that are looking for a watch that can work for a variety of activities in different conditions.
These are the Suunto dive watches that have garnered the most amount of attention among divers. That being said, this brand has so much to offer, particularly with Suunto watches Amazon. You can buy Suunto watches that are men’s Suunto watches or a Suunto women’s watch. There are also ones that are powered by different sources, such as the Suunto solar watch. They also have diverse functions as in the case of Suunto fitness watch, Suunto tactical watch, and Suunto military GPS watch.
Of course, the Suunto tactical watches and Suunto watches GPS are more for adventured-based individuals. If you are looking for something simpler or sportier, you can opt for the Suunto HR watch, also known as the Suunto heart rate monitor watch.
If you are looking for highly evolved dive technology that will revolutionize your diving experience, Suunto is certainly the brand for you.
Best Suunto Dive Watch
Choosing the best watch is easy with our comprehensive reviews!
- Suunto Zoop Novo Wrist Unit Scuba Diving Computer
- Suunto Eon Steel Black & Stainless
- SUUNTO D4i Novo Scuba Diving Computer
- Suunto Vyper & USB Interface Dive Computer
- SUUNTO D6i Novo with UBS Wrist Scuba Computer
- SUUNTO Traverse Graphite
- SUUNTO Core Regular Watch
- SUUNTO D6i Novo Zulu Scuba Diving Wrist Computer
- SUUNTO Vyper Novo Wrist Computer
- SUUNTO Core Wrist-Top Computer Watch
- SUUNTO Spartan Sport