When it comes to running your engine optimally, synthetic oil is the best choice. The following post will examine why synthetic oil is best followed by what I consider the best synthetic oil that is available today.
Why Synthetic Oil?
Synthetic oil is not only refined, it is distilled, purified and then further broken down into basic molecules.
By doing this any impurities that are present in the crude oil are removed and it also allows the basic molecules to be changed to suit engine needs.
Synthetic oil will:
- Keep your engine cleaner
- Better protect engine wear
- Flows better in low temperatures
- Protects the engine in high temperatures
- Protects turbocharger engine parts
Best Synthetic Oils
Mobil 1 (120766) Extended Performance 5W-30 Motor Oil is one of the best synthetic oils you can get for this price.
Mobil are industry leaders and this full synthetic formula is one of their better products. Enabling a long engine life and excellent overall lubrication this oil can handle many operating conditions.
- This oil helps prevent deposits and sludge build-up.
- Enables a long engine life
- Wear protection performance
- Helps with engine protection; outstanding thermal and oxidation stability
- Compatible with engine seals; excellent low-temperature capabilities; quick cold-weather starting for fast protection and extended engine life
Mobil 1 (120766) Extended Performance 5W-30 Motor Oil is designed to protect critical engine parts for 15,000 miles between oil changes.
This synthetic oil can be used in all types of modern vehicles, this includes supercharged, turbocharged and multi-valve fuel engines in SUVs, trucks, cars and vans.
Mobil 1 (120766) Extended Performance 5W-30 Motor Oil is a SAE 5W-30 Motor oil. This means the oil viscosity in cold temperatures is 5 and 30 when at a normal temperature. Make sure you read your car manual to double check this is the right weight rating for your car.
Liqui Moly 2041 Premium 5W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil is another well priced synthetic oil that is rated highly by Amazon customers.
- Long service life for the engine
- High level of protection against wear
- Rapid oil delivery at low temperatures
- High lubrication reliability at all temperatures
- Outstanding engine cleanliness
The Liqui Moly 2041 Premium 5W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil is a fully synthetic, energy conserving motor oil for extending the life and perfomance of your engine.
This oil can be used for both gas and diesel including multi-valve arrangements, variable cam and timing configurations, turbocharged, supercharged and intercooling.
By using Liqui Moly 2041 Premium 5W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil you will save fuel and thanks to the instant lubrication your engine will start easily in cold weather.
Royal Purple 36520-6PK HPS 5W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil is arguably one of the most renowned brands when it comes to synthetic oil.
- Maximum Wear Protection
- Increase Horsepower and Torque
- Advanced Protection for Performance and Modified Engines
- Exceptional Oxidation Stability
- Fortified with Zinc/Phosphorus Anti-Wear Additive
Royal Purple 36520-6PK HPS 5W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil has been specifically formulated to maximize engine performance. This oil is great for high performance vehicles and modified engines that need that extra quality.
Royal Purple manufacturers recommend this oil for vehicles which are no longer under manufacturer warranty and are looking for higher performance from their car. Suitable for both gas and diesel engines.
The high performance Royal Purple 36520-6PK HPS 5W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil responds incredibly well to increased pressure with increased viscosity. Horsepower and torque has been maximized by improved sealing between the piston ring and cylinder.
Pennzoil 550038332 Platinum 5W-20 Full Synthetic Motor Oil offers complete protection without the high price tag.
- Superior Active Cleansing Agents
- Handles severe driving conditions well
- Keeps the engine clean and has excellent wear protection
- Exceeds the most stringent car manufacturer requirements for cleanliness and protection
Pennzoil 550038332 Platinum 5W-20 Full Synthetic Motor Oil use PurePlus Technology which works to ensure your oil works optimally.
Developed to ensure a consistent viscosity of the oil even at very low temperatures.
This oil works well to keep vital engine parts clean and running optimally. Pennzoil state that Pennzoil 550038332 Platinum 5W-20 Full Synthetic Motor Oil will keep your enginer up to 40% cleaner than current industry standards.
Castrol 03087 EDGE Extended Performance 5W-30 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil performs exceptionally well but does come with a high price tag.
- Up to 15,000 miles between oil changes
- Viscosity stability under the high force of your enginer
- Proprietary titanium additive which provides unbeatable wear protection
- Meets GM dexos1 performance requirements
- Exceeds ILSAC GF-5, API SN, ACEA A1/A5, ACEA B1/B5
Castrol 03087 EDGE Extended Performance 5W-30 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil showcases the latest of Castrol technology. This oil offers unbeatable engine protection for critical engine parts keeping your car performing at its best.
Castrol are an incredibly reliable, reputable and quality company when it comes to automobiles so you can rest assured purchasing this product.
Performs really well in both cold and high temperatures too.
Shell ROTELLA T6 5W-40 Full Synthetic Diesel Engine Oil presents great value for money. This synthetic oil is relatively inexpensive yet performs well.
- 5W-40 full synthetic diesel oil provides 1.5% improved fuel economy performance compared to SAE 15W-40 oils
- Triple Protection Plus formula for excellent equipment protection and long engine life
- Heavy duty engine oil formulated to protect against the effects of soot, dirt and other contaminants
- Engineered with shear stability to resist viscosity loss and maintain optimal engine oil pressure
- Suitable for diesel-powered vehicles from tractors/trailers to classic cars and heavy-duty diesel pickups that allow an SAE 5W-40
Shell ROTELLA T6 5W-40 Full Synthetic Diesel Engine Oil boasts triple protection plus technology protecting your engine against anything that may come it’s way.
At low temperatures this synthetic oil handles the flow well and has an increased fuel economy performance too.
In addition to this the Shell ROTELLA T6 5W-40 Full Synthetic Diesel Engine Oil has improved wear performance, improved deposit control, improved heat resistance and exceptional shear stability.
When it comes to choosing oil for your car synthetic is best. Be sure to check your car engine is compatible with the synthetic oil you are looking at buying. There are many advantages of using synthetic oil and I hope you found my reviews helpful in choosing the best synthetic oil for you! Personally I always use Castrol 03087 EDGE Extended Performance 5W-30 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil but it changes with your needs for your car. Royal Purple 36520-6PK HPS 5W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil is also a very popular choice amongst customers.
Best Synthetic Oil
Synthetic oil is the only type of oil you should use in your car. It is miles ahead of other types so try one of the oils listed and reviewed for your next oil change!
- Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5W-30 Motor Oil
- Liqui Moly 2041 Premium 5W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil
- Royal Purple 36520-6PK HPS 5W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil
- Pennzoil 550038332 Platinum 5W-20 Full Synthetic Motor Oil
- Castrol 03087 EDGE Extended Performance Full Synthetic Motor Oil
- Shell ROTELLA T6 5W-40 Full Synthetic Diesel Engine Oil, 1 Gallon