Buying a traditional alarm clock to travel with may seem dated, considering alarm clocks are already built into smartphones. In 2016, the worldwide number of smartphone users was approximately 2.1 billion. By 2020, the worldwide number is expected to pass the 5 billion mark.
However, even with its popularity, there’s always that tricky situation on flights when reception is nonexistent, smartphones must be turned to airplane mode and smartphone users forget to turn their phones back on when the plane lands. Having the best travel alarm clock in your carry-on bag already programmed and ready to alert you as needed makes planning easier.
Who wants to travel across town to oversleep before a big meeting? And busy smartphone users who want to get some sleep may want to take advantage of portable alarm clocks too. It’s extremely difficult to get a good night’s rest if your phone is constantly blaring notification alerts.
This is one of the reasons smartphones have silent timers on them. Instead of reprogramming the silent timer each time you travel, investing in portable alarm clocks eliminates the extra step.
Best Travel Alarm Clock
Marathon Atomic Travel Alarm Clock
1 used from $18.95
- SELF SETTING: Multifunction display is self-setting and self-adjusting
- MULTIPLE TIME ZONES: You can easily switch between 6 time zones (Pacific, Mountain, Central, Eastern, Atlantic & Newfoundland)
- MULTIPLE LANGUAGES: Choose from 5 languages (English, French, German, Italian & Spanish)
- AUTOMATIC BACKLIGHT: Uses a built in light sensor to detect if the clock has been placed in a dark environment, the backlight can also be manually operated; DISPLAY: Acrylic display is durable for cleaning
- COMPACT SIZE: Measuring in at 3.25" x 0.5" x 2.75", our atomic clock is great for travel
One common concern for a business traveler maybe “What happens when I travel to another time zone?” Just as you can oversleep after forgetting to turn a smartphone back on, there’s always the chance that you can forget to reset a travel alarm clock to the new time zone. However, not with the Marathon Atomic alarm clock.
- Six-time zone switching options
- Multiple languages
- Automatic backlight
- Available in black, blue or white
This atomic clock (3.25 inches x 0.5 inches x 2.75 inches) has an option to switch between six time zones (Pacific, Mountain, Central, Eastern, Atlantic, and Newfoundland) in 12- or 24-hour formats.
For international travelers, there is also an option to switch between five languages (English, French, Italian, Spanish and German). And this Marathon can adjust days, dates and times as needed due to radio frequencies broadcast from the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s Colorado Atomic Clock.
The Marathon clock also includes features such as a one-touch glow display, an indoor temperature display, and an extra loud alarm sound.
- No display cover included
If the automatic backlight of the Marathon Atomic alarm clock bothers you in a dark area, and you’re one of those people who needs complete darkness to sleep, there is a manual option to turn it off as needed.
AcuRite 13027A Intelli-Time Digital Alarm Clock
- Intelli-Time digital clock technology means it remembers the time and alarm settings after power outages or unplugging
- Auto-adjusts for Daylight Saving Time (DST)
- Loud audible alarm ensures you wake up on time
- Oversized snooze button for ease of use
- Select from the following time zone settings: HST, AKST, PST, MST, CST, EST and AST
Fiddling around with your smartphone to set your alarm clock can become a bit of a hindrance. It’s not just constantly fiddling around in the dark to type in your PIN. There may also be that uncomfortable moment when your travel partner loses his phone or doesn’t have a smartphone at all.
Either you’ll make the decision to share your smartphone pin or use a digital alarm clock to avoid an awkward rejection. This travel alarm clock is simple and easy to use for both parties.
- Time and alarm settings are saved even after power outages or unplugging
- Auto-adjustment for Daylight Saving Time
- Oversized snooze button
With a clock like this, you avoid having to remember someone else’s smartphone pin or even the time on the clock. It does the job for you.
In addition to a loud alarm notification to make sure you wake up in a timely manner, there are also several time zone settings, including AKST, AST, CST, EST, HST, MST, and PST.
- Limited one-year warranty so must travel pretty quickly to get used to it
The AcuRite has an easy-to-read LED clock display, with adjustable brightness, which is pretty straightforward. Just set, sleep and wake up all over again.
ShakeAwake Vibrating Alarm Clock
$17.99 in stock
- Pocket size travel alarm clock
- Selectable vibrating alarm or beep sound alarm
- Bright back-light for viewing at night
- Requires a AAA battery (battery not included)
This pocket-sized travel alarm clock is easy to use, with either a simple beeping sound or a vibrating alarm for those who can’t handle all that racket. For people who are hearing impaired, the latter option is especially significant.
- Backlight for night viewing
- Built-in fold-out stand
- White with orange accents
While some travel alarm clocks may be able to do the job of waking you up, they can sometimes be awkward to balance. In addition to the stand keeping the clock in place, it can also double as a cover for the buttons, something that can become a nuisance should the alarm clock need to be placed in a bag or a pocket.
With an LCD display and .5-inch bold, black numbers, this clock is easily viewable at night by clicking the “Snooze” button.
- AAA battery not included
If you need a little longer to sleep, the “Snooze” option is in four-minute increments. It’s highly advised to use the ShakeAwake clock as soon as possible to make sure it’s suitable for you before the six-month manufacturer’s limited warranty expires.
DreamSky Auto Time Set Alarm Clock
- Elegant alarm clock with dimmer : 4.3 Inches large LCD screen display with eye easy catch blue digit , time and content are easy to read at a glance . Adjustable dimmer enable you to set the brightness of display to high, low or off with one button touch .
- Advance autoset time : The clock will sets itself to the correct time once plug in, hassle free to set time . Cell button battery included as backup battery , which will store the time, date and alarm setting during main power outage, however it will not support the time display nor trigger the alarm.
- Auto DST and selectable time zone : Automatically adjusts to Daylight Savings Time while set the DST on . Four USA time zone selectable per your location (EST/ CST/ MST/ PST) .
- Ascending soft beeping alarm with snooze: Ascending alarm sound wake you up naturally . Additional snooze to counter oversleeping, simply press the snooze button once and go back to sleep. 8 minutes later the alarm will ring again .
- USB ports: one USB port connect the DC adapter (included ) power on the clock. Let the other port charging your smart device like cellphone, tablet and mp3 players etc . Convenient and organized.
Yet another reason to purchase a travel alarm clock is if you travel with someone who needs to get up at a different time. If you’re concerned that your travel buddy won’t hear or acknowledge his/her smartphone and you don’t know the pin to turn it off, maybe use the travel alarm clock for your buddy and your own phone for you. Fortunately, this travel alarm clock has a dual USB port that can be used as a charging station for both.
- 3-inch large LCD screen display
- Easy-to-read blue digits for time and content
- The adjustable one-button dimmer can be set to high, low or off
With this clock, you won’t have to worry about looking around for a clock to compare it to. Once plugged in, the clock will auto-set itself.
The cell button battery can act as a back-up battery to confirm the date, time and alarm setting in the event of a power outage.
This travel alarm clock also automatically adjusts to Daylight Saving Time. If you’re a snoozer, the alarm will give you an eight-minute break before the ascending sound revs up again.
- Warranty is only 90 days for a money-back guarantee
However, after the 90 days expires, there is a 365-day free replacement option. Use the travel alarm clock for its intended alarm purposes, as well as an option to charge your mp3 players, cell phones, tablets and more.
Peakeep Digital Alarm Clock
$12.99 in stock
- Large Numbers Digital Alarm Clock: 5" unit, 4.7" screen, bold large digits display time (12 Hr/24 Hr), temperature (℉/℃), date, day of week, alarm time in a with clear and comfortable sense in an visual angle of 0-45 degrees. Day of week automatically match with the date.
- Smart Nightlight Clock: Light Sensor at the back can be optional to be turned ON or OFF. To ON, clock automatically gives off soft blue light at night. To OFF, clock glows brighter light for 5 seconds only when you press LIGHT button.
- Alarms for Weekday Mode: Dual alarms can to be selected wake you only from Monday to Friday, as well as can be optionally wake you from “MON-SAT” or “MON-SUN”.
- Battery Operated Alarm Clock: Improved version clocks extend battery life, without thinking about power goes out and wires, it can be placed whatever room you need, perfect travel alarm clock. (3*AAA 1.5V batteries are required, not provided.)
- Ascending Alarm and Snooze Function: Alarm goes off with a gradual crescendo beep for 60 seconds, then turns itself off. Press SNOOZE, alarm temporarily suspends and will sound again 9 minutes later.
If you’re one of those travelers who has a completely different schedule on weekdays as you do on weekends, a handy Monday-Friday/Saturday/Sunday feature on this Peakeep clock may do the trick.
- Bold, large time display digits with 12/24-hour options
- Battery-operated alarm clock
- Ascending alarm and snooze function
This travel alarm clock has it all: time, temperature, date, day of the week and alarm time. And somehow all of this on the display doesn’t look too busy on such a small clock (4.7-inch screen, 5-inch unit).
If you’re worried about draining your battery, the on/off switch gives you the option of automatically switching from a soft, blue light at night to a brighter light for five seconds when pressing the “Light” button.
- Three AAA batteries not included
The Peakeep clock is best for someone who has a handle on their “Snooze” options. Because the gradual crescendo will only sound for one minute and turn itself off, which gives you nine minutes to nap. For some, that may be a wee bit too risky to get up when needed. Serial snoozers may want to set their clocks a little earlier than usual to allow for these nine-minute breaks.
Warmhoming Wooden Digital Alarm Clock
- 【SOUND CONTROL】: Under POWER-SAVE mode, the display will turn off after 15s, any tap or sound over 60 dB with close distance will wake up the smart led alarm clock. You can turn off this function if you don't want it.
- 【ADJUSTABLE BRIGHTNESS】: Gradual change 7 levels brightness can be manual selected for this electric digital clock. It suitable use at night, the soft lighting doesn't hurt your eyes.
- 【DUAL POWER SUPPLY】: This desk alarm clock come with USB power cable or it can be powered by 4 AA batteries(Not Included) using as a wireless alarm clock. It is so humane and you will not worry about the sudden power outage.
- 【PREMIUM WOOD FINISH】: Our day date alarm clock comes in an elegant & classy wooden texture, is made up of durable MDF+PVC, and looks aesthetically appealing while uplifting the charm of any modern space - ideal digital alarm clock thermometer for home & office!
- 【GIFT WITH GUARANTEE】: Makes for an ideal gift for friends, family, and colleagues. Moreover, with our 100% RISK-FREE SATISFACTION GUARANTEE, you have nothing to lose. The easy to access switch for turning off the alarm saves a lot of frustration when you are groggy in the morning.
If you and your significant other, roommate or friend sleeping over need to wake up at two different times, this sleek, wooden travel alarm clock will do the trick. And it has a smart alarm system to make the waking-up process even easier.
- Seven levels of brightness available by manual selection
- Soft lighting
- Powered from USB power cable or batteries for wireless use
In power-save mode, this travel alarm clock will be turned off after 15 seconds. To turn it off, a tap or a sound louder than 60 dB must be heard within a close distance.
With this feature, there’s no scrambling around in the dark trying to slap or turn off a loud alarm clock. A simple clap of the hands may do the trick.
The usual display for the wood alarm clock is the date, month, week and temperature. And you have the option of setting two separate alarm clock times for various days from Monday to Friday/Saturday/Sunday.
- Four AA batteries not included
While this wooden alarm clock is not only eco-friendly and clap-friendly, it’s also aesthetically pleasing. The digital alarm clock is a conversation piece at home or in your office.
La Crosse Alarm Clock
- Bright, dynamic color LCD
- Dual crescendo alarms with 2 minute duration
- 1 amp USB charge port
- Indoor temperature (F/C) and humidity (percent RH)
- Adjustable backlight (hi/lo/off)
If seasonal allergies or extreme weather can get you into a bit of a huff, then the humidity feature on this travel alarm clock can help to let you know when a humidifier may be needed. (And yes, there are travel humidifiers.)
- Dual alarm with a 2-minute duration
- USB charge port
- Indoor temperature (Fahrenheit and Celsius) and Humidity (percent RH)
In a colorful array of white, orange, green and blue, this dual alarm clock is easy to read. While there is a backlight for visibility, it’s dim enough that it won’t disturb your sleeping patterns.
- Only powers smartphones when the clock is powered into a wall outlet
- Does not automatically adjust for Daylight Saving Time
If that loud beeping sound bothers you when setting the clock, no worries. This alarm clock makes a simple clicking sound that is less disturbing when it needs to be reset.
|EAN List||0639247043152; 0639247920408|
|Item Dimensions||Height: 350; Length: 800; Weight: 130; Width: 200|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 520; Length: 1570; Weight: 220; Width: 720|
|Product Type Name||HOME|
|Size||8 x 2 x 3.5 in|
|Title||iLuv TimeShaker Wow - Vibrating Alarm Clock for Heavy Sleepers, Bed Shaker,1.4" LED Jumbo Display Dual Alarm, Panic Loud Alarm Clock Sound, LED Alert Light, USB Charging Port, DST and AC Power Source|
|UPC List||639247043152; 639247920408|
Ask 10 people what their preferred alarm clock features are, and you may get 10 different answers. This is why travel alarm clocks often have so many more options than a traditional alarm clock. In this case, there’s a normal, strong and super earthquake shaking. Play around with volume and vibration options to see how successful this alarm clock can be at waking you up without waking up your partner.
- Five-dimmer level display
- Six-foot wire shaker
- Three different vibration levels
- Built-in USB port
In addition to a built-in, adjustable alarm tone, this travel alarm clock also has a “Snooze” button, Daylight Saving Time option and a 12/24 hour display.
When the alarm goes off, you also have the option of seeing three ultrasonic alert lights flashing.
This may be pretty handy for heavy sleepers, seniors or the hearing impaired, who need a little extra help to know when their alarms are going off.
- Several complaints from travel alarm clock reviews regarding the difficulty of setting the alarm
- Mixed opinions in travel alarm clock reviews of whether vibrating option works
While the strong-wired bed shaker is supposed to only wake up one person, light sleepers may say differently. However, this shaker option certainly beats the travel alarm clock’s louder option—120 decibels (its maximum) is as loud as jet airplanes or a hammer drill.
Ambient Weather Radio Controlled Projection Alarm Clock
$19.99 in stock
- The colorful RC-8465 projection alarm clock featuring Ambient backlighting and projection time and indoor temperature is easy to read from any distance. The backlight color changes with the temperature.
- The high contrast reverse PMVA display changes color with the indoor temperature, and features bright, vibrant colors against a true, black background.
- The elegant display features date and time, day of week, and indoor temperature.
- The Ambient Color changing backlighting can be manually set to any of 256 colors, or automatically change colors based on the indoor temperature.
- Project the time and indoor temperature on the ceiling or wall. The ClearView Projection Clock includes a focus adjustment dial for a crystal clear projection. In addition, the projection can be reversed 180 degrees for optimal viewing throughout the room.
With glasses on or off, you should be able to see the time and temperature on your wall the minute you roll over. The view from the Ambient Weather alarm clock has a wall projection that can be reversed at up to 180 degrees with a focus adjustment for crystal clear viewing.
- Time set automatically by radio (in sync with U.S. atomic clock)
- Adjusts for Daylight Saving Time
- Backlight color changes with temperature
This alarm clock display includes the time, indoor temperature, date and day of the week. And if you get tired of looking at one backlight color, you can manually set it to 256 colors total.
If you prefer the auto-color change based on the indoor temperature, just enjoy the spontaneity of it all.
Anytime a clock is automated, try to test it out before the warranty expires. Get familiar with what areas of the room seem to work best with reception.
What you don’t want to do is end up with a clock that changes time overnight, without you knowing it, and scrambles your alarm time in the process.
- AC power must be plugged in to see the colorful backlight changes
- Wall projection cannot be turned off
- Location of the clock may affect automatic time setting
- No wireless temperature display or recognition
Due to various travel alarm clock reviews mentioning this as a potential issue, this Ambient clock will need to be tested immediately.
AcuRite Alarm Clock
$37.99 in stock
1 used from $19.93
- Projects time or temperature (indoor or outdoor) on your ceiling or wall
- Intelli-Time Clock automatically updates for Daylight Saving Time
- Programmable alarm with snooze for daily, weekday, or weekend use
- USB power port charges your cell phone while you sleep. Time Zones : HAST, AKST, EST, PST, MST, CST, EST, AST
- AC adapter-powered with battery backup in case of power loss. Note : Refer to the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for User Manual and Troubleshooting Steps.
If you need to know the time or temperature in a flash, this projection alarm clock has you covered. Look up and your answer will be right there—indoor or outdoor—in either red or amber print.
- Automatically updates for Daylight Saving Time
- Alarm program options for weekdays and weekend use
- USB port charger
With a display that can either be in English or French, this alarm clock has the day of the week, calendar month and date, and even the moon phase (ex. waning gibbous, full moon, 1st and 3rd quarter, etc.).
Wireless, easy to install and works in temperatures as low as below-40 degrees, this alarm clock also can give you a read on the surrounding areas.
- Three AA batteries (or lithium) not included
- No automatic rotation on wall projector to show time or indoor/outdoor temperature (choose one)
In addition to the beaming time and temperature, and handy clock for various days, there’s also an AC adapter with a backup battery in case of a power outage. With a one-year limited warranty, you’ll have time to decide if this alarm clock is compatible for your travel and sleeping habits.
INLIFE Alarm Clock
- Sunrise simulation & Snooze function: 30 minutes before alarm time, the warm white light gradually brightens from 10% to 100% to gently wake you up naturally and comfortably. Press Snooze button when alarm sound playing to get an extra 5 minutes of sleep
- FM radio & Multiple alarm sounds: explore FM radio to listen to radio station. Wake up with 7 different alarm sounds, 6 sounds such as pure music, birds, waves, beeping and so on, which let you feel the beauty of nature, and the 7 sound is FM radio
- 7 Color light & 10 Light brightness: colorful mood light including warm white, green, red, blue, purple, orange and indigo to create a romantic atmosphere in your room. 10 selectable brightness settings can be used as beside lamp to protect your eyes at night
- Sunset simulation: sunset sleep light can be selected 15/30/60 minutes period, it will automatically dim till turn off, guiding you to natural and restful sleep. When you turn on the FM radio, the volume of radio will be gradually fade out untill shuts off at sunset time
- Powered by micro usb cable or adaptor. CR2032 button cell only for time setting backup. Touch key is easy to press when you setting the time. LED time display in 12 or 24 hours clock format depends on your like. 3 brightness levels of time display can be selected, such as Bright, Dim, Off
If you’re still trying to get into meditation, this is the travel alarm clock (12 or 24-hour clock format) for you. Who needs that loud beeping noise when you can choose birds, pure music or waves instead?
- FM radio station
- Seven different alarm sounds, including radio
- Seven color lights (warm white, green, blue, purple, red, orange, indigo)
Some people need a little extra help getting out of bed. It could be sound or it could be light. In the case of this alarm clock, the Sunrise Simulation Alarm Clock’s warm, white light display will gradually brighten from 10 percent to 100 percent until the alarm needs to go off.
You can choose the sunset sleep light option from 15 to 30 to 60-minute increments. Powered by a micro USB cable or adapter, the CR 2032 button can be used as a time-setting backup.
- Sunrise color cannot be changed from its intended warm white color
Between the peaceful sounds and the 10 selectable brightness settings, this alarm clock may be worthy of making you ditch your bedroom lamp. Choose bright, dim or off, and enjoy the snooze.
In addition to being a world time travel alarm clock (with a circular world-time changer ranging everywhere from Chicago to India), this flashlight gadget has three bright LEDs for emergency purposes.
- Lightweight, pocket-sized flashlight
- World time clock with 18 time zones
- Blue backlight display
This 12/24-hour alarm clock, with 16 wake-up melodies, can also be used for scheduling. It includes a calendar with a full-month view, a calendar date display and a countdown timer function.
There’s also a weather option in Celsius and Fahrenheit. Available in white with black trim (and vice versa), this travel alarm clock is operated by battery.
- Two AAA batteries not included
- Buttons are sensitive to touch (in suitcases/bags)
- Removing batteries and re-inserting requires resetting clocks again
One handy travel alarm clock review suggested using a toilet paper tube to avoid the buttons rubbing against other items in a bag. This may be able to resolve button-related issues. With all the other handy perks, it’s up to you to decide whether you’re OK with potentially resetting this clock more often than other travel alarm clocks may require.
Whether your goal is to get the right kind of vibration, a sound just loud enough to wake you without terrifying you, or you’re looking for the extra goodies such as temperature and calendar months, these clocks above have options for all. What’s great about travel alarm clocks is that there are so many to choose from because, just like sleeping preferences, everyone is different. When shopping for the clock that works for you, keep your top priorities in mind. If you’re warm weather to cold weather traveler, knowing the weather may be a far bigger priority for you when choosing a clock. If smartphones just don’t do the trick and you need something more powerful, take advantage of travel alarm clocks with higher sound voltages. And if you need a clock that can help you in a jam (ex. flashlights, dead smartphone battery), don’t overlook these extra features while shopping around.
Best Travel Alarm Clocks
Vacation with peace of mind knowing every is under control with your travel alarm clock!
- Marathon Atomic Travel Alarm Clock
- AcuRite 13027A Intelli-Time Digital Alarm Clock
- ShakeAwake Vibrating Alarm Clock
- DreamSky Auto Time Set Alarm Clock
- Peakeep Digital Alarm Clock
- Warmhoming Wooden Digital Alarm Clock
- La Crosse Alarm Clock
- iLuv TimeShaker
- Ambient Weather Radio Controlled Projection Alarm Clock
- AcuRite Alarm Clock
- INLIFE Alarm Clock