Science has stated that about two-thirds of our planet is covered with water.
However, most of the major camera models will certainly not thank you for bringing them into the water. The great news is that these days, there are a lot of top waterproof cameras to capture wonderful sub aquatic scenes.
If you are fond of water activities or are always out and exposed to dusty trails, extreme temperatures, and sandy beaches, having the best underwater camera is a smart idea. It is particularly handy if you are preparing to head to pools beaches, and even under the sea to photograph and explore the exotic creatures beneath the waves.
The Top 14 Waterproof Cameras
If you are like me, you love to have a tool handy for capturing the beautiful world under water. Not only would you want to take amazing pictures and make sure those pictures are amazing but you will want to pick the best waterproof camera for the job. Here is a quick comparison below;
With the advent of tough and rugged waterproof cameras, you can easily shoot photos as well as videos without water seeping into your camera. Moreover, if you are just starting out with underwater exploration, or you want to get a new camera for shooting photos underwater, this is the review for you.
While there are underwater housings that you can purchase for many top cameras, there are certain models which offer protection against aspects all on their own. These amphibious, self-contained cameras are very easy to carry and can also take wonderful photos in different types of environment.
The fun does not really stop there, since these underwater cameras come with several features such as Wi-Fi connectivity, GPS location tagging, as well as action-oriented extras such as an altimeter or compass. Choose the right camera, as well as the image quality which will provide you a wonderful time underwater with these best underwater camera options.
I have come up with some of the best cameras for snapping and making videos underwater.
This list features those cameras that you can use underwater for taking pictures and videos with the feeling like those you would have when on land. I have carefully selected those that have been praised by customers as well as those units that have been rated highly on retailer websites like Amazon.com.
Before you decide on which camera to go for, make sure you read and understand the features of each model thoroughly. You should also consider the pricing of each and the benefits of each one. Taking these crucial steps will enable you to make the right choice concerning your purchase.
If you have ever wondered what it would feel like taking clear photos underwater or have been considering how to take pictures underwater with as much clarity as you would on land? With my waterproof camera reviews, you can do these and more and I’ve come up with some of the best underwater cameras to make this adventure easier for you.
AKASO EK7000 Pro 4K Action Camera
$64.99 in stock
- UPGRADE SERIES OF AKASO EK7000: AKASO EK7000 Pro action camera delivers 4K/30fps, 1080P/60fps videos and 20MP photos that capture every moment in crisp detail and unparalleled clarity.
- INTUITIVE UI DESIGN: Ultra 2 inch IPS touch screen shows everything crystal clearly and brightly, easy to change settings, switch shooting modes, preview and playback footage.
- ELECTRONIC IMAGE STABILIZATION: Built-in Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) delivers steady and smooth videos. AKASO EK7000 Pro sports camera ensures excellent experience in shooting fast-moving objects.
- WATERPROOF CAMERA UP TO 131FT: Equipped with the upgraded waterproof case, this underwater camera can deep dive up to 131 feet, ready to capture all details of your adventures. Ideal for water sports such as swimming, surfing, diving, snorkeling, etc.
- ADJUSTABLE VIEW ANGLE: You can set the view angle of this action camera depending on your needs between super wide, wide, medium and narrow. It's easier to hit someone with low angle. With high angle you can see more.
This model of Akaso waterproof cameras is designed for high performance in different conditions including harsh water environments. The camera delivers 16MP photos and captures every moment with every detail for clear pictures. The camera comes in a simple design making it suitable for anyone regardless of the skill level.
It has an intuitive UI design which features a 2-inch IPS touch screen. This screen shows everything in crystal clear quality and a bright resolution. The camera is easy to change settings and switch modes when needed. You can preview easily or playback footage just by the press of a button.
One of the design features that contribute to high performance is the electronic image stabilization. This design feature delivers steady and smooth videos with every detail as it happens. This makes it an ideal camera for shooting fast-moving objects both underwater and out of the water.
It is waterproof up to 131 feet underwater. The camera comes with an upgraded waterproof case to ensure it can withstand use in water. On this note, it is a suitable camera for water sports such as swimming, surfing, diving, snorkeling, etc.
It can be challenging to manipulate the settings that come with cameras. This particular one has an adjustable view angle which allows you to change it according to your needs. You can select the super wide, wide, medium and narrow for better clarity and convenience. With a high angle, you can see more in a clear resolution.
- Easy to change settings
- Small size for convenience
- Clear images and videos
- Perfect for underwater photography
- Great value for money
- Battery requires constant charging
- Does not support an external microphone
The Akasa camera is ideal for regular users that wish to take random underwater photos and videos. As much as you would want to charge it after every use, it delivers high-quality images.
VanTop Moment 4 4K Sports Action Camera
$59.99 out of stock
- Sony sensor records 4K video: VanTop moment 4 Sport camera is equipped with 20 MP true depth camera by Sony. Featuring 4K/24Fps video recording and 20 MP image capturing, VanTop moment 4 sports camera has faster sensors ensuring zero shutter lag with more lighting and shadow details.
- Intuitive touch screen&user-friendly UI: ultra-responsive touch screen by IPS, VanTop moment 4 action camera soothes your setting, previewing, and shooting experience.
- Electronic image stabilization: electronic image stabilization (EIS) Reduces tremors and stabilizes your frame with a gyroscope when taking picture/video. The EIS technology is ideal for sports shooting like surfing, skateboarding, skiing, etc., producing sharp images even in poor lighting environment.
- Wireless & Remote control: camking is Downloadable in app Store, with which you can control your camera in a wireless way. Alternatively, remotely control the camera with a VanTop 2.4GHz remote. Transfer your work to mobile via camking in minutes, and share your wonderful moments instantly.
- Multi-function: this Action camera features multiple functions including video, photo, motion detection, Car mode, video lapse, slow motion, photo lapse, burst mode, etc. Compatible with GoPro, 3-way grip, arm, tripod to enjoy more features.
The Vantop Camera is equipped with a 20MP true depth camera by Sony. It features 4K/24Fps video recording and 20 MP images capturing for a smooth shooting experience. It has active sensors which ensure zero shutter lag with advanced lighting and shadow details.
The camera has an intuitive touch screen by IPS. The screen is super responsive to allow easy changing of modes and other settings. It is easy to set and allows easy preview of the shoot giving you a seamless experience working with it regularly.
The electronic image stabilization of this camera reduces tremors and stabilizes the frame when you take a picture or video. This feature makes it easy to use for sports where keeping the balance when taking a photo can be a challenge. On this note, you can use the camera during sports such as surfing, skiing, and skateboarding.
You can control the camera in a wireless design by downloading the Camking app. This allows you to monitor and change settings using your mobile device. Also, you can transfer the footage and pictures to your mobile device via the app. Alternatively, you can control the camera remotely using the Van top 2.4GHs remote.
The camera has multiple functions that include video, photo, motion detection, and car mode. Also, you can use it on video lapse mode, slow motion, photo lapse, and burst mode. It is compatible with GoPro, 3-way tripod for better functionality.
- High value for money
- Excellent picture quality
- Clear videos
- Easy to set and control
- Perfect for taking moving pictures
- Long-lasting battery
- The app takes time to connect to the camera
This VanTop camera is an excellent choice for shooting underwater images and videos. With proper synching of the camera and the app, you can easily control and transfer the footage. At this price point, it proves to work well than most other types.
APEMAN Action Camera 4K
- 【Ultra HD 4K / 60FPS & 8×Zoom Lens】 APEMAN A87 Action Cam had been updated into 4K/ 60FPS, with this faster frame, offer your motion appear less blurred, while at the same time giving more options for slow motion editing. With 8×Zoom Len(for photo mode), which can freely bring you more closer to capture the item you like, allowing greater creativity.
- 【Touch Screen and Preset Scenes】 APEMAN A87 action camera integrates two modes: automatic and professional.For example, record in Continuous Loop, Slow Motion, Time Lapse, etc. 6 professional modes to adapt to different environmental conditions. The excellent sensitivity of the 2-inch touch display allows you to scroll much more easily between the various modes and is perfect for quickly shooting, previewing, and playing footage.
- 【Gyro Stabilization and Distortion Correction】 APEMAN A87 features both electronic stabilization and gyro stabilization which allows for extremely stable shooting. In fact, the two technologies allow to detect and neutralize involuntary movements. In addition, Lens Distortion Correction (LDC) allows you to automatically correct the fisheye effect, keeping your recordings more faithful to reality.
- 【Integrated Wifi and HDMI Output】 By installing the "Apeman" application on your smartphone or tablet, you can have full control of the camera in real time. The integrated Wifi allows you to easily download and share videos or photos on social media such as Facebook and Instagram. Also available are HDMI, USB and AV video outputs for connection to computers, TVs and projectors.
- 【40m Waterproof and Accessory Bag】 APEMAN A87 comes with an improved set of accessories and the waterproof case protects the camera, in water, up to 40 meters deep. The remote control makes it more convenient to use during outdoor activities, such as motorcycling. The uniquely designed carrying bag keep all the accessories, like two 1050mAh batteries and bike and helmet mounting kits, lightweight and portable for any outdoor sport.
The quality of the images you take underwater depend on the overall quality of the camera. This Apeman waterproof camera takes 20MP photos and ultra-HD video with the profession 2-inch LCD screen. It features professional wide lens which gives you a broad perspective when taking pictures.
It comes with a waterproof case which allows you to take it underwater up to 40m. It captures clear images even in cloudy water giving you a smooth underwater photography session. More to this, it has a built-in gyroscope for anti-shaking and image stabilization for smooth videos. That makes it ideal for water sports such as swimming, surfing, diving, snorkeling, etc.
With the built-in Wi-Fi and HDMI output feature, you can share and edit videos smoothly. You only need to download the app on your smartphone to control the camera quickly. Also, you can choose HDMI, USB or AV video outputs for computers and TV. It comes with the necessary accessories and a portable bag to carry the camera.
If you need a camera that works in a variety of modes, then this is your best bet. It supports loop recording, car mode, and diving mode. This feature makes it a suitable choice for day-to-day use regardless of the environment. Also, you can shoot on the time-lapse mode to capture beautiful moments.
- High-quality images and videos
- Easy to control and set
- It has various modes
- Ideal for underwater photography
- Not suitable for shooting long clips
The Apeman camera is an excellent addition to any diver’s gear. It has proven to work well for short clips and images as well as time-lapse footage underwater. The quality is outstanding, and for the price, you get great value for your money.
GoPro HERO 7 Digital Action Camera
- This Brand New Top Value GoPro Accessories Kit includes: GoPro HERO7 Silver
- Sandisk Extreme 32GB Memory Card - Medium Hard Case - Head Strap - Chest Strap - Flexible Tripod
- Handheld Monopod extends to 43'' for SLR Camera with Gopro mount - Wrist Strap - Floating Handle - Clip Jaw Clamp
- Hi-Speed SD USB Card Reader - J-Hook Buckle Mount - GoPro Tripod Mount
- Record 4K30, 1440p60, and 1080p60 Video - Capture 10MP Photos at up to 15 fps - Built-In Video Stabilization - Vertical Portrait Mode for Social Media - 33' Waterproof without a Housing - Touch Zoom Framing via Intuitive 2" LCD - Voice Control, Time-Lapse Capture - Photo Timer for Individual/Group Selfies - GPS Performance Stickers & More
For advanced divers and other sports lovers that want to upgrade their photography skill, there is the need to get a high-quality and high-performance camera. The GoPro Hero 7 is a great choice and a guarantee of smooth shooting experiences resulting in clear footage of your favorite moments.
This camera comes with a Sandisk Extreme 32GB memory card to allow adequate storage space of all your day’s footage. It has a medium hard case which is designed for durability but at the same time soft to the hands. The head strap and chest strap come in handy to secure the camera when taking random images.
More to the accessories, this camera features a flexible tripod that can come in handy when you want to set it on a surface for hands-free shooting. Also, it has a handheld monopod that extends to 43 inches to give you more room to work with. The wrist strap and floating handle ensure the camera is secure as you take pictures.
The camera records 4K30, 1440p60 AND 1080p60 videos. It captures 10MP photos at up to 15fps. Additionally, it has a built-in video stabilization feature to ensure you get clear footage when shooting in motion. It has a vertical portrait mode for social media. This camera can withstand up to 33 feet underwater making it suitable for swimming and other water sports.
- High-quality construction
- Comes with useful accessories
- Perfect for daily photography
- Plenty of memory
- Battery requires constant charging
The GoPro Hero 7 is an ideal waterproof camera for regular photography in different conditions. It works well for swimmers as well as day-to-day shooting; thanks to the variety of accessories that come with it.
Victure 4K Action Camera
- Ultra HD 4K Video 20MP Photos - Equipped with a new generation of NT96660 chips, the Victure AC800 action camera can record 4K high-quality video and 20MP photos. This underwater camera has a 2-inch LCD screen, so you can capture and enjoy outstanding visual videos and images.
- Built-in WiFi and HDMI - With the feature of built-in WiFi and HDMI, you can transfer photos and videos to your phone or TV by WiFi easily. Editing your recording videos and share them with friends and families on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram will be really time-saving.
- 170° Wide-Angle Lens Time-Lapse - The 170°wide-angle lens offers a wide field of view and catch more amazing moments of your surroundings. Creating a Time-Lapse movie in HD will be amazingly easy with this magic camera.
- 131 Feets 40Meter Waterproof - Equipped with the latest designed waterproof case, the action cam housing allows taking photos and videos while diving shooting up to 40 meters, ideal for water sports such as surfing, diving, snorkeling, swimming, sailing, etc.
- 2 IN 1 CHARGER - Equipped with an original charger, the Victure AC800 sports camera enables you to save time by charging 2×1050mAh batteries at the same time. It has 2 rechargeable batteries of 1050mAh capable of recording up to 180 minutes, which will allow you to keep capture wonderful scenes all the time.
The Victure camera comes with a new generation of NT96660 chips that can record 4K video and 20 MP photos. This underwater camera features a 2-inch LCD screen which is bright enough to capture outstanding images and videos. It is, therefore, suitable for different water sports including swimming, surfing, snorkeling, etc.
The camera has built-in Wi-Fi and HDMI that lets you transfer photos and videos to your smartphone or TV. The feature makes it easy for you to edit your recordings in a few minutes without having to change memory cards. That makes it a suitable day-to-day camera for regular activities you would love to share with friends or family.
The camera has a 170 degrees wide angle lens. This provides a broad field of view where you can capture quick images at sight. With this camera, you can be sure not to miss an exciting moment in your surroundings. The settings are easy to switch for quick and steady capturing of videos and images. With the time-lapse function, you can create short full HD movies with the camera.
For use underwater, the camera can withstand up to 131 feet. It comes with a waterproof case which prevents possible damage from water. The housing allows you to take photos and videos while diving deep making it a perfect camera for surfing, diving, snorkeling, and swimming. The 2-in-1 charger will enable you to charge two batteries at a go, so you have enough power to last up to 180 minutes of recording.
- Quality images and videos
- Easy to use, set and control
- Works well underwater
- Great value for money
- Handy charger
- Only supports SD cards up to 32 GB
The Victure camera is excellent for regular underwater recording. As much as it does not allow massive SD card storage, you can transfer footage to your phone to create more space.
Nikon 1 AW1 Waterproof Camera
- The world's first waterproof, shockproof, interchangeable lens camera.
- Features a 1-inch 14.2 megapixel CMOS image sensor for superior image quality even in low light situations
- High-speed continuous shooting at 15 fps with full autofocus and up to 60 fps fixed focus
- Full 1080p HD video with simultaneous image capture capability
- Compatible with all Nikon 1 lenses and two waterproof and shockproof lenses
This digital camera is a part of the Nikon 1 series, and boasts of its 14 MP mirror less model. It is waterproof up to 49 feet for 60 minutes. This is typical of more than what is necessary and exceeds the current requirements of several snorkelers.
- Full manual, aperture and shutter priority modes
- Automatic controls
- Creative modes (shooting at 400fps and 1200fps at slow-motion playback)
- Fast – max 15 fps continuous shooting speed
- Built-in GPS
- Built-in flashes are not powerful enough underwater
- Cannot be angled
- Sometimes produces backscatter
At long last, capturing stunning images from your camera is no longer a rare thing to do. From mountain climbing to kayaking, as well as other water-related activities, the Nikon 1 AW1 camera is a great digital accessory to keep your side. It does not require bulky, protective housing; you can easily bring it while swimming, rafting or snorkeling. It is also freeze-proof up to 14 degrees F and shockproof up to 6.6 feet, making it ideal for rugged activities.
Olympus TG-4 Waterproof Digital Camera
- 4X wide-angle optical zoom with fast f2.0 high speed lens
- Waterproof to depths of 50 feet, Freeze proof to 14 degrees F, Shockproof to 7 feet, Crushproof to 220 lb.
- RAW capture, Live Composite, Underwater modes with Underwater HDR
- Wi-Fi / GPS / e. Compass
- 1080P HD video
This model is the fourth generation of the manufacturer’s shockproof and waterproof compact camera. It is waterproof at depths up to 15 meters (about 50 feet), easily making it one of the best deep diving options available on the market. It comes with a fast and bright aperture of f/2.0, which helps in capturing light from underwater scenes that are considered darker. In my opinion, this is best underwater compact camera.
- Compatible with different accessories (cases, float straps, underwater housing)
- Video recording capabilities
- Shockproof up to 7 feet (and crushproof to 220 lb.)
- Macro photography capabilities
- Five-mode flash strobe
- Smudged JPEGs
- Limited aperture control
- Movie mode is not that great
With its waterproof and shockproof capabilities, this camera is great for water related activities, such as snorkeling. It’s also robustly constructed, and is crushproof and shockproof at the same time. Since it is also freeze proof, you do not have to worry about frigid conditions up to 14 degrees F/-10 degrees C. From coral reefs to snowy slopes, no doubt this is the camera that you can count on.
Canon PowerShot D30 Waterproof Digital Camera
$265.00 in stock
- 12MP 1/2.3" BSI-CMOS sensor
- 28-140mm F3.9-4.8 equivalent lens with optical image stabilization (5x optical zoom)
- ISO 100-3200
- 3" fixed LCD with 461,000 dots
- 1080/24p HD video plus super slow motion video at 640x480 (H.264)
This model is considered the newest digital camera in the underwater cameras line-up by Canon. It is waterproof up to 25m and equipped with drop resistance up to 2m. It also has a built-in GPS system which can help you with several activities. In addition, it comes with a 12.1 MP CMOS sensor, HS system and FullHD video which is best used in full light photography.
- Ease of use.
- Impressive waterproof depth distance.
- Rounded off edges – new design.
- Rubber lining prevents water invasion.
- GPS tagging.
- Does not use built-in chargers.
- Not so good dynamic range.
These days, there are a lot of cameras that have tough styles, with each manufacturer bringing the best to the table. As compared to its predecessor, there is no doubt that the Canon PowerShot D30 is better. Its impressive waterproof capabilities, among other things make it certainly worth every penny spent.
HD 1080P Waterproof Sports Action Camera
- This product is a high definition digital motion video recording device tailored to market demand. It has a variety of industry-leading features including digital video recording, photo-shooting, video display, which makes it perfect for vehicle data recording, photo-shooting, outdoor sports, home security, deep-water probing, allowing you to film at anywhere.
- Package Contents: 1 x Sports Camera, 1 x Waterproof Case, 1 x Handle Bar, 1 x Clip, 4 x Bandage, 1 x USB Cable, 3 x Installation Accessories, 1 x English Manual
- 1080P MJPEG;IP68 30m waterproof;1.3MP camera;2 inch LCD;Support micro SD card (not included);Built-in 900mAh battery;Input / output: Micro USB
- Super wide angle lens: 140 degrees;Multi language support
- About 4 hours charging time;Video Resolution: 1080P (1920 x 1080) 15fps,720P (1280 x 720) 30fps
With a relatively cheap camera, you can easily secure yourself the HD 1080P Waterproof video camera, which has water resistance up to 30 meters. It is one of the highly rated video cameras on the market. This unit is suitable for outdoor sports as well as extreme sports. You can connect it to WIFI and it is compatible with both Android and iOS operating systems. The packaging comes with a digital recording, photo shooting, HDMI TV out as well as PC camera. This is best underwater video camera for snorkeling.
- This model comes with a waterproof case for easy storage.
- It comes with a cleaning cloth for easy cleaning.
- It has different color variants for different groups of people.
- The customer service of the manufacturer is excellent.
- Since this unit is waterproof up to 400 ft., it would be a nice tool for scuba diving.
- All the mounting equipment you will need are included in the packaging
- The wide screen lens on this unit is capable of capturing everything your eyes see
- It is lightweight, compact and portable for easy manoeuvrability.
- Some of the customers complained that it is not very big.
- This unit does not include an SD card. You may have to get that for yourself.
Sony DSC-TX30/B Digital Camera
- Capture breathtaking images
- Image stabilization reduces blur
This is another product from Sony – it has many exciting features for those who want to take the best pics under water. Not only is it cheap, it is also competing with most other models on the market that are much more expensive than this model. Nevertheless, before the price attracts you, let’s see whether you will like the features or not. It is not only waterproof, but also shock, freeze, and dust proof. It features a steady shot optical image stabilization feature for steadying your photos. This feature helps you get the high quality shots.
- This unit shoots nice underwater pictures.
- It has excellent image stabilization feature.
- It is better than most smartphone cameras.
- It has many extensive options for tech savvy people.
- It is built from high quality materials.
- It is easy to assemble.
- It makes object zooming easy and fun under water.
- The image processing features on this model are competitive.
- Some people are complaining that the battery that accompanies this model does not last quite as long as they would want it to.
This unit is compact and rugged for easy storage and durability. It weighs only 0.8 pounds. It is a bit heavier than the HD 1080P that is 0.2 pounds. It is available in different color variants and is definitely worth every penny.
Olympus TG-3 Waterproof Digital Camera
- 16 MP 1/2.3" BSI-CMOS sensor with sensor-shift image stabilization
- 25–100 mm equivalent F2.0 - F4.9 lens
- 5 FPS at 12M, up to 60 FPS at 3MP
- ISO 100-6400
- 1080 30p HD video (.MOV/H.264)
A lot of rugged cameras sound really tough by theory, but only a few can typically match this model’s exceptional build quality as well as confidence-inspiring feel. It can actually survive from 2.1m as well as a -10 degrees freeze, 15-m deep underwater adventure, as well as a 100kg crushing force. Even though this might not be the deepest waterproof rating, but it will survive tough conditions.
- Chunky and ergonomic design
- Well-designed controls
- Pleasurable to use in any weather
- Packed with useful features
- Not articulated view screen
- No manual focus
- No raw image available
If you are searching for a tough camera that can provide you waterproof capabilities, this model is the best option. It comes with amazing features which include GPS connectivity and high image quality. It may look like your regular waterproof and shockproof camera, but the built-in features are just great for a price that is well worth it.
SVP Aqua 5500 Waterproof Digital Camera
- Dual color screens; 2.7" LCD display in the back and a 1.8" TFT color display in the front
- The battery provided with the unit is solely for testing purposes. We recommend using high capacity AAA batteries to get best results.
- 18 Megapixels with 4x digital zoom,Waterproof digital camera with video
- Compatible with Win XP / Vista / Win 7 and Mac OS x 10.6.8 or above. Compatible with Micro SD card ONLY ; supports up to 32GB external memory card
- Due to the small screen, images may appear out of focus when they actually are. We recommend viewing the images on a computer for best results.
The SVP Aqua 5500 18MP Dual Screen Waterproof Digital Camera is available with two color screens. It has a front display that is 1.8 inches of TFT while the LCD color display is 2.7 inches. This unit has a digital zoom with an 18 Megapixel. This unit is waterproof and it possesses video capacity. It is available in different colors so that you can easily select your favorite color combination.
It can be used with an SD card. The SD card could be as much as a 32GB capacity. It is suitable for use with Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP. It is also available for the Mac OS This unit weighs around 8.8 ounces.
- It shoots very clear and sharp pictures.
- It is capable of shooting underwater photos.
- It can be reused.
- It is good for taking pics in and out of water.
- It is light in weight – It doesn’t tire out your arm when you use it for a long time.
- This unit is inexpensive compared with other models out there.
- It is an ideal tool for snorkeling.
- It is easy to operate.
- It is compact in size – it needs little space for storage.
- The batteries on this unit run down quickly since they are AAA batteries.
- One customer complained that the pictures taken with this model is somehow fuzzy.
- The screen size and display may not be up to what you are expecting.
Nikon COOLPIX AW100 CMOS Waterproof Digital Camera
- Water-proof, Shock-proof, Freeze-proof: ruggedly built for reliable and comfortable outdoor operation. Water-proof to a depth of 33 feet;3 inch LCD display
- 16 effective megapixel CMOS sensor ideal for low light shooting and fast operation,Zoom: Optical: 5x, Digital: 4x
- Full HD (1080p) movie with stereo sound and movie-record button that enables one-touch recording (HDMI mini connector equipped)
- Aperture: f/3.9 to f/4.8,Lens Focal Length : 5.0-25.0mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 28-140mm lens in 35mm (135) format)
- Points of Interest (locations, landmarks, etc.) and location information (latitude and longitude) can be added to your photos
This model is available for you in different color variants so that you can select your favorite color from the list, plus it is waterproof and shockproof. This unit is solidly built to allow for long term usage. It is water resistant up to 33 ft. and has a 3” LCD color display. It can shoot HD (1080P) movies. You can also use this unit with stereo sound as well as movie recording button built with it. A 16MP video camera weighs only 0.15 pounds.
- This is a durable video camera for taking underwater shots.
- Full HD 1080p Video can take splendid images and amazing videos.
- GPS features that enable you to tag your pictures with the name of where you took them.
- The auto focus feature on this model is very effective.
- It can be used by tech savvy people as well as beginners.
- Some people complained that water seeps into it underwater which may spoil the LCD display so it does not work underwater
- the battery life is not that great
- Someone that has used this model before complained that the buttons on it are a bit sensitive and may at times serve a purpose that is not needed.
- Some other people also complained that water seeps into this unit underwater. This may actually spoil the LCD display. And we think this should not be used under water to avoid this pitfall.
- The battery life of this model is not that good.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Tough Digital Camera
- 16.1 MP 1/2.33" CMOS sensor
- 28-128mm equivalent f/3.3-5.9 lens (4.6x optical zoom)
- 5-axis optical image stabilizer
- Up to 10 FPS continuous shooting (7 images max./full resolution) plus 40 FPS high-speed burst
- ISO 100-3200 (expandable to 6400)
This unit is a 16.1 Megapixel digital camera. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5A 16.1 MP Tough Digital Camera is available in different color variants and is built with a CMOS sensor. It has an optical image stabilizer that is 5-axis in width. It also includes a GPS feature for tagging your location – this is very handy when you take pictures on a tour. It is water resistant up to 13 meters, shockproof, and waterproof.
- This unit is very easy to use.
- It has many exciting features for a stress free underwater video footage.
- The WIFI on this model allows you to do photo transfer to people in your network and it serves as remote control while doing this transfer.
- It has performed well in the ISO performance test.
- It gives very brilliant LCD
- The Wi-Fi on this model allows you to do remote control and photo between family and friends.
- It is durable and versatile.
- This model has slow lens, which delays pics.
- It also has a weak flash making it unsuitable for taking great pics at night.
- The WIFI feature on this unit is not very easy to set up as most users have opined. Another related problem is that it the WIFI does not have very strong signal reception.
Setting off on a snorkeling or diving adventure is exhilarating. If you are looking to capture this underwater haven to share with family and friends then you’ll need to invest in the best underwater camera. We have pieced together the top 14 best underwater cameras to help make the decision easier for you! That way you can focus on what’s more important – having a good time!
Best Underwater Cameras
Choosing the best camera whether it's an action camera for video or a digital camera for some epic under water shots we have you covered!
- AKASO EK7000 Pro 4K Action Camera
- VanTop Moment 4 4K Sports Action Camera
- APEMAN Action Camera 4K
- GoPro HERO 7 Digital Action Camera
- Victure 4K Action Camera
- Nikon 1 AW1 Waterproof Camera
- Olympus TG-4 Waterproof Digital Camera
- Canon PowerShot D30 Waterproof Digital Camera
- HD 1080P Waterproof Sports Action Camera
- Sony DSC-TX30/B Digital Camera
- Olympus TG-3 Waterproof Digital Camera
- SVP Aqua 5500 Waterproof Digital Camera
- Nikon COOLPIX AW100 CMOS Waterproof Digital Camera
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Tough Digital Camera