Comfort height toilets are designed at the optimal height for adults to use with ease. If you suffer from joint pains or find you are too tall for a toilet then the comfort height toilet is your answer.
Picking the best comfort height toilet can be a difficult task however, there are many things to look for and consider when choosing so let’s dive into it a little more!
What Exactly is a Comfort Height Toilet?
Comfort height toilets are made to be a bit taller than the regular or standard toilets. They are the same height as a chair that you would sit on.
This makes it significantly easier for handicapped or disabled people to use along with tall and elderly people.
A standard toilet is measured on average at 15 inches heigh from the floor to the toilet seat.
A comfort height seat is 16 inches to 19 inches so they are just a little bit higher but it makes a big difference.
ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) are toilets that have a comfort height seat which make it much easier for a disabled person to use.
Public or commercial toilets must be of comfort seat height.
Best Comfort Height Toilet
TOTO Drake 2-Piece Toilet with Elongated Bowl
- High-profile two-piece elongated bowl and tank set
- G-Max 1.6 GPF flushing system, creates a powerful flush
- Cefiontect glaze gives the bowl a lubricious quality that helps prevent particles from adhering
- Seat not included, Must be purchased separately
- 3 inch wide flush valve with extra-large siphon jet and a large trapway
TOTO CST744SG#01 Drake 2-Piece Toilet is a stylish, two piece toilet with an elongated bowl. This toilet uses a G-max flushing system providing a powerful and cleansing flush each time.
- 28.5″ H x 19.5″ W x 28″ L
- Single flush 1.6gpf toilet
- High profile design
- Toilet seat not included
This is a highly efficient toilet that is a single flush, 1.6gpf low water consumption toilet. The chrome lever adds to the stylish design.
The G-Max flushing system is quiet, powerful and suitable for commercial grade flushing.
This toilet has a SanaGloss coating which works to prevent and debris or mold from adhering to the surface of your toilet.
Please note the TOTO CST744SG#01 Drake 2-Piece Toilet is not ADA compliant but it is a high profile design. It does meet the following certifications:
- ASME A112.19.2/CSA B45.1
- IAPMO(cUPC), State of Massachusetts , City of Los Angeles, and others
American Standard Champion-4 Right Height
- American Standard
- Elongated One Piece Toilets
- 30.7″ L x 32.5″ H x 18.25″ W.
- Two piece toilet
- Elongated Bowl
- Comfort seat height
- 1.6 gallons per flush
- EverClean surface
- 10 year warranty
This toilet has been 100% factory flush tested featuring a 4 inch non adjustable piston action accelerator flush valve.
This provides a powerful flush with every use and this coupled with the siphon action jetted bowl will move your waste quickly and efficiently.
The American Standard Champion 4 features an elongated bowl and is available in two different colors including Linen and White.
The seat is not included with this purchase so bear in mind you will need to buy these items separately. Have you considering installing this toilet with a bidet toilet seat?
The American Standard Champion 4 comes with a 10 year warranty and meets the following compliance certifications:
- ASME A112.19.2M for Vitreous China Fixtures
- Los Angeles Department of Water and Power Supplementary Purchase Specification for Non-Adjustability – July, 2003 revision
- ADA compliant
In addition the American Standard Champion 4 meets the Americans with disabilities act guidelines and ANSI A117.1 requirements.
American Standard Concealed Trapway Cadet 3
- Meets EPA WaterSense criteria
- Combination bowl and tank, with seat
- EverClean Surface
- Elongated siphon action jetted bowl with smooth-sided, concealed trapway
- PowerWash rim scrubs bowl with each flush
The American Standard Cadet 3 is a two piece, single flush elongated toilet that has a skirted bowl.
Using siphon action jets this toilet provides a powerful flush every time. For our detailed review of this toilet refer to the American Standard Cadet 3 post.
- 30.25″ L x 30.75″ H x 15.75″ W
- Two piece toilet
- Comfort seat height
- 1.28 gallons per flush
- 5 year warranty
- Toilet seat included
The American Standard Cadet 3 uses a power wash, siphon action jetted bowl which keeps your toilet looking clean after every use.
This is a single flush toilet that uses 1.28 gallons of water per flush. This is a very low consumption toilet and comes with the EPA water sense certification.
Included with the purchase is the top mounting, chrome lever, plastic slow-close seat and cover which has an easy to remove attachment for cleaning purposes.
This is an elongated bowl that is only available in white.
The American Standard Cadet 3 comes with the following compliance certifications:
- ASME A112.19.2/CSA B45.1-08 for Vitreous China Fixtures
- US EPA WaterSense® Specification for HET’s
KOHLER Cimarron Comfort Height Elongated
- Two-piece toilet.
- Elongated bowl offers added room and comfort.
- Comfort Height(R) feature offers chair-height seating that makes sitting down and standing up easier for most adults.
- Seat and supply line not included.
- Combination consists of the K-4309 bowl and the K-4421 tank.
The Kohler Cimarron is made from vitreous china and comprises of two pieces.
This toilet is a popular choice amongst many so if you are considering buying one read on for our detailed Kohler Cimarron review here.
- 29.5″ L x 30.75″ H x 17.6″ W
- 1.28 gpf
- Seat is comfort height
- Toilet seat is not included
The Kohler Cimarron features an elongated bowl type and is available in four different colors. The seat and supply line are not included in this purchase.
The Kohler Cimarron uses single flush gravity along with a specifically engineered bowl and trapway which work together to create a very strong siphon.
This gives the toilet a very powerful flush and along with the Aqua Piston canister the water can flow into the bowl from all angles (360 degrees).
The Kohler Cimarron is compliant with the following standards:
- ASME A112.19.2/CSA B45.1
- DOE – Energy Policy Act 1992
- EPA WaterSense®
- ICC/ANSI A117.1
- CSA B651
When it comes to installing a toilet that is for use in a public or commercial space you must have a comfort height toilet. This means the toilet is at the height of a chair making it easy for adults including the elderly and disabled to use the toilet with ease.
Comfort Height Toilets
Comfort height toilets are the solution for tall people as well as those who suffer for joint pain. These toilets are at a height that is equivalent to chair making it easier to get on and off.
- TOTO Drake 2-Piece Toilet with Elongated Bowl
- American Standard Champion-4 Right Height
- American Standard Concealed Trapway Cadet 3
- KOHLER Cimarron Comfort Height Elongated