Terms of Service
By accessing the website at https://ramresearch.org, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on ramresearch’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on ramresearch’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Ramresearch at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on ramresearch’s website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. Ramresearch makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Ramresearch does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Ramresearch or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on ramresearch’s website, even if Ramresearch or a Ramresearch authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on ramresearch’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Ramresearch does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. Ramresearch may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However Ramresearch does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Ramresearch has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Ramresearch of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
Ramresearch may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of US and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
We have published this updated Privacy Notice to reflect changes in privacy laws. The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which is enforceable from 25 May 2018, provides new rights to individuals and requires organisations to provide information in a clear and transparent way. This statement aims to explain how we collect, store and use your personal data. When we refer to “we”, “us” or “our” in this Statement we mean ramresearch.org.
https://ramresearch.org is an online platform that displays information, advice and reviews of products related with the home&garden industry to help people make better purchase decisions.
This privacy notice applies to the collection and processing of your personal information in relation to:
- Your use of our website, provided under www.ramresearch.org
- Your use of our reviews and other commercial transaction done through our affiliate links with Amazon.com
This privacy notice also describes your data protection rights. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in Section 8 below.
2. What information do we collect?
We collect your personal data directly from you through our website when you freely decide to sign up for our newsletter, send a message through the contact form or when you interact with our site.
- Personal information: Full name.
- Contact information: email address, website.
- Log data and device information e.g., IP address, cookies (anonymised data)
- Tracking information e.g., cookies and similar technologies (anonymised data)
We do not collect any special categories of personal data, as defined under the GDPR. Our products and services are not aimed at children.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you send us a message through our contact form we will collect your name and your email. Without this information would be impossible to contact you back.
3. How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal data according to the purposes and limited to what is necessary for the following purposes:
- Where you give us consent:
- We will send you newsletters containing news, blog articles and buyer guides concerning our website and our products, services and special offers.
- We will send you direct marketing in relation to our relevant products and services, or other products and services provided by us, our affiliates and carefully selected partners.
- We will place cookies and use similar technologies in accordance with our Cookies Policy and the information provided to you when those technologies are used.
- For purposes which are required by law:
- In response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
|Purpose||Lawful basis for processing|
|To track your use of our website and interaction with our newsletters. For example, to understand which newsletter content is most popular with our email audience.||Our Legitimate Interests, which we have balanced with the interests of our clients, suppliers and business contacts.|
|To send email newsletters to you, if you have signed up via the ramresearch.org website.||Your consent|
4. Withdrawing consent or otherwise objecting to direct marketing
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your personal data for other purposes, such as those set out above.
You have an unconditional right to opt-out of direct marketing at any time. You can do this by following the instructions in the communications we send you, or by contacting us using the details set out in section 11.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
When you visit our websites, we may place cookies on your devices and use those cookies to collect personal data. You can find out more in our Cookie Notice.
6. Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
7. Display Ads
8.Sharing of your personal data.
We will not share your personal information with any third parties for them to use for their own marketing purposes. We may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law.
9. What rights do you have?
You have a number of rights under data protection law, which have been strengthened under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
- Access: You have the right to access the personal data we may hold about you and the purposes for which we are using it. We may ask for proof of your identity. On receipt of such a request we will endeavour to respond to you as soon as possible, at most within one calendar month.
- Rectification: You have the right to request that we amend any personal data which is incorrect or requires updating.
- Erasure: You have the right to request that we delete any personal information pertaining to you. We will assess any deletion request on a case by case basis. If you have authored any content on the GMA site and would like this to be deleted, please let us know.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please use the following contact details:
If you are concerned about the manner in which we have collected and used your personal data, please contact us using the contact details above – we will do our best to help. If you are unhappy with the manner in which we have handled your personal data you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You have the right to ask us for information about our data processing or for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required to keep by law or when we have compelling legitimate interests in retaining the data.
We will provide you with a copy of your personal data when you (or, in case of children under 16, your parents or representatives) request to do.
10. How long do we store your personal data for?
We will only retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes we are using it for. How long we retain data will vary depending on the purposes it is used for. We routinely update our email newsletter lists to ensure those who are not engaged are removed.
11. How do we keep your personal data secure?
We take appropriate steps to ensure your personal data is stored in a secure environment to prevent any unauthorised access. We may use external data service providers to process personal data on our behalf. When we do so we have appropriate agreements in place to protect the data.
11. How can you contact us if you have any questions?
You can contact us through our contact form here or in our email.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your personal data. If you have any concerns about how we process your personal data, or would like to opt out of direct marketing, you can also send your request to the same contact options above.