To ensure you have a positive and enjoyable first snorkelling experience it’s important to have the right gear. If you are a complete beginner or introducing friends or family to snorkelling then a full face mask will be a good option.
They are also a good idea for people who are uncomfortable with the idea of snorkelling and breathing through a snorkel.
There are a few full face snorkels on the market but todays post will focus on the Seaview 180° Full Face Snorkel Mask.
Seaview 180 Degree Full Face Mask
$59.99 in stock
- 180° FULL FACE DESIGN- Our snorkel mask makes it easier than ever to breathe comfortably through your mouth or nose while you are snorkeling. Our mask and snorkel provides a 180° viewing area- the biggest of any snorkel mask on the market today guaranteeing that you will see more fish and sea creatures than ever before. With our integrated GoPro Mount you can easily attach your GoPro camera to capture and share your adventure with friends and family.
- DRY SNORKEL TECHNOLOGY stops salt water from getting into your mouth and prevents gagging. Spend less time worrying about water in your mask and more time snorkeling!
- FOG RESISTANT DESIGN- There is nothing worse than dealing with a mask that is constantly fogging up. Our innovative design features a separate breathing chamber that creates an airflow away from your main viewing visor that helps eliminates fogging and will keep you snorkeling longer.
- EASY TO USE- So you spend less time fussing with equipment and more time enjoying your snorkeling experience. Simpler than a traditional snorkel set.
- PROPER USE- Full face snorkel masks are designed for leisure surface snorkeling. Serious freediving is not recommended. Strenuous swimming while wearing any type of snorkel, including full face designs, is not recommended. Be sure to take regular breaks while snorkeling. Also follow the buddy rule: never snorkel alone.
The Seaview 180° Snorkel Mask is manufactured by Wildhorn Outfitters. A reputable brand who have been producing quality products for decades. The 180° snorkelling mask is one of their most popular products and it’s not hard to see why.
Seaview 180° Full Face Design
As the name suggests the mask features a 180degree viewing area which is the largest out of the full face snorkels available. This means you’ll see many more underwater creatures than you would with a traditional snorkel.
Another cool feature is that there is a GoPro mount on the top making it very easy to attach and record your snorkelling adventures.
Is there anyone else who gets a sore jaw from a traditional snorkel? I certainly do if I snorkel for long periods of time. The full face design has completely overridden this issue and my jaw can rest easy no matter how long I snorkel for.
It is also great for those who have a gag reflex and struggle to use a snorkel.
The whole mask has been designed to make it easier to breath naturally. This mask has been designed to allow the user to breath through the mouth or nose. While traditional snorkel masks only allow for users to breath through the mouth, many enjoy using the Seaview thanks to this.
Fog Resistant Design
unique to full face masks, the breathing chamber is separate to the makes which creates an airflow away from the lens and stops fogging. While some users have complained of the mask fogging my advice would be to ensure it is properly fitted to your head.
In addition there are many techniques one can use to eliminate fog in the mask if it is a problem. I personally use a reef safe defogger with my masks but before that I would use toothpaste without problems. If I forget my anti fog then nothing quite compares with your own spit. Some people are grossed out by this but let me tell you it works.
As a result of the mask having a silicone insert there is basically an ultra comfortable yet water tight seal. If water does somehow enter the mask then there is a chin valve which will drain the water out if you tilt your head back.
Quality and Design
The silicone mask is extremely comfortable and is easily adjusted to fit. There are wide straps which means you won’t be struggling with it getting caught in your hair.
The SeaView 180° Full Face Snorkel Mask has been designed using dry snorkel technology. This means that salt water cannot enter your mouth which makes for a much more pleasant diving experience.
I must note that this is for surface snorkeling, not free diving. The Seaview 180° is available in a range of colors too.
Choosing The Right Size
Although Wildhorn offer free returns on their masks it’s much easier to measure yourself and buy the most suitable size.
The Seaview 180° snorkel mask is designed for adults and children as is available in two sizes.
Measure from the bridge of your nose to your chin. If this measurement is below 4.7inches (12cm) then the S/M size will fit. If it is above 4.7inches (12cm) then the L/XL will be the right fit.
For first time snorkelers or people who don’t like to use the traditional masks then the SeaView 180° Full Face Snorkel Mask is perfect. The ability to breath easily and naturally appeals to many users of this product. With thousands of happy customers on Amazon you really can’t go wrong with this mask.
This is a great option for a full face mask. Be sure to read our detailed review before making your purchase.
Ease of Use