When your cute little bundle of joy finally arrives, the most reasonable step after settling in at home is taking newborn photos to announce the birth of your baby. Family and friends are probably itching to see the newest addition to the family, and the best way to ensure your loved ones share in your joy is by sending them adorable photos.
Are you curious about when to take newborn photos and how to take the best newborn pictures? You’re definitely in the right place. Keep reading to find out the perfect time for a newborn photoshoot session, as well as tips that will make the pictures come out great.
When to Take Newborn Photos
The parents should fix a time between 5-12 days after the baby’s arrival to capture beautiful and effortless poses. It is best to take the pictures before two weeks for the best sleepy and curly newborn poses.
Regarding setting a date, it is better to contact the photographer before the baby arrives to ensure proper planning and preparation for the session.
Typically, parents can book a photography session for a week after the expected due date.
Though this may change, it will give your photographer an idea of when the session will hold, considering that newborns’ classic photos curled up to have a concise time frame. If the photographer happens to be a popular one, you may have to make bookings 2-3 months before your due date.
Parents should not take newborn photos earlier than five days after birth because they are still adjusting to the environment and feeding times. If the baby is on a consistent feeding schedule, they will be less fidgety and a lot calmer. It will be easier to adjust newborn poses and capture great newborn photo ideas when the baby is sleepy or fast asleep.
Can You Still Take Newborn Photos After Two Weeks?
Parents can still take newborn photos after two weeks. However, you will have to settle for different concepts and poses. Most likely, your baby will be awake during the session, so photo ideas for wide-awake babies or babies with clothes on will be the most suitable.
Newborn photos taken after two weeks can still come out great. However, curled-up and sleepy poses may not be readily achievable after two weeks, which is why parents of a newborn are encouraged to try out other ideas and be creative with poses.
The parents can even hold the baby for intimate newborn photos. Parents can explore other beautiful angles and positions to achieve great images for their newborns.
Newborn Photo Tips
Considering how chaotic newborn photo sessions can get, we have put together some tips to prepare you for the entire period. These tips will be beneficial in keeping the baby calm and happy during the session.
- Feed your newborn properly before the photo session. Feeding the newborn will help the baby stay calm and less fidgety.
- Avoid dressing up your newborn in loose-fitting clothes. They usually don’t have clothes on during their photo session, but if you’d like to dress your baby up, make sure to find clothes that fit perfectly.
- A knit beanie or baby bonnet will add some warmth and beauty to the photos.
- Ensure the room is warm so your newborn doesn’t get a cold during the photo session.
- Parents should include a pacifier in the items they are taking along to the shoot.
- If any props will be used, such as buckets and baskets, take precaution and use weights at the bottom so it doesn’t harm the baby.
- Let the baby and the photographer have a bonding moment. Bonding with the photographer will help make your baby comfortable and calm.
- If you will feature in any of the photos, ensure to carry extra clothing along in case things get messy during the photo session.
The perfect time for a newborn photo shoot is a few days after birth to get the most charming and natural sleepy, curly poses and angles.
However, parents can still organize the photo session after two weeks, but different poses and positioning, and angles will be employed for this. Hopefully, these tips come in handy when you are preparing a photo session for your new bundle of joy.