Security video doorbells are rapidly growing in popularity with homeowners seeing the many benefits they offer.
Zmodo, a reputable brand within home security systems developed their own, very popular Zmodo Greet Video Doorbell.
The following will review will examine the pros and cons of the Zmodo Greet as well as the key functions, features and installation.
If you are unsure about which doorbell, check out our comprehensive review of the best video doorbells on the market.
Who are Zmodo?
Zmodo was established in China in 2009 and has been producing high-quality surveillance, video products ever since.
Having sold over 8 million products, Zmodo is known globally for not only great products but also great customer service. Zmodo is one of the few companies.
Zmodo has research and development facilities as well as a laboratory in California. Unlike many other security companies, they have overseas the complete process from development to user experience.
Zmodo Greet Wireless Video Doorbell
- Easy setup - use existing wiring and connect to WiFi using the free Zmodo app. Use Beam to easily set up Greet. With Beam Connect, setup is as simple as telling the app how many devices are powered on and ready to pair." Beam connects to your existing WiFi network and extends it to reduce dead spots and increase coverage
- Answer the door wherever you are - see and speak to visitors directly from your smartphone. Personalized voice message - a recorded message will play when you can't answer the door.
- Smart motion detection - receive an alert and a recorded video clip whenever motion is detected. Have access to 720p HD live video at any time from your smartphone or the web. IR Night Vision-Equipped with infrared lights and IR cut, the camera can automatically switch to black and white night vision view when in the dark to ensure you a crystal view.
- Zmodo Cloud Service - Motion alert clips are saved in the cloud for 12 hours for free. All users are also eligible for a 30-day free trial of our 7 day cloud recording plan. Paid cloud recording plans for storing 24/7 footage are available in 7 and 30 day plans. With the plan, you can review, save, and share footage at any time, and reduce false alerts with cloud intelligence.
The Zmodo Greet Video Doorbell allows the user to remotely connect to your home or office via Wi-Fi. This gives the user the ability to check-in at any time via a mobile device.
- 720p HD video
- Wide viewing Angle
- Motion-activated video recording
- Two-way audio capability
- 256 bit SSL security
- Local storage available
- Option to record a personalized voice message
- Night vision range limited
There are many great features of the Zmodo Greet. Being able to speak through your smartphone remotely to greet a visitor, or for a package delivery, you will never miss a visitor again.
Being able to answer the doorbell is a fantastic burglar deterrent, they are unable to tell that you are not inside the house.
With HD video monitoring, motion detection and alerts sent directly to your device this is a great security doorbell camera.
1 x Zmodo Greet Wi-Fi Video Doorbell
1 x Zmodo Beam Wi-Fi extender and Smart Hub
1 x Noise Correcter
1 x Quick Guide
Zmodo Greet Cloud Service
For continual video recording Zmodo offer a free 30 day trial of the cloud service. Any motion clips are recorded and stored for 36hours free of charge.
Any footage can be shared, downloaded and customized as you please.
Personalized Voice Message
Another great feature – the user has the ability to record a voice message for times when they are unable to answer the doorbell or don’t want to.
To set up the Zmodo Greet you need the Zmodo app as well as a password-protected 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network that has WPA/WPA2 encryption.
You will need to ensure the wirings are connected through a mechanical doorbell chime as well as a low voltage transformer.
Please be aware that the doorbell is not to be directly attached to the primary power source.
If you currently don’t have a mechanical doorbell chime set up then a resistor (20ohm/10watt) must be used.
A resistor is not included in the packaging so please beware that you will need to purchase one.
Zmodo Beam Wi-Fi Extender and Smart Hub
The Zmodo Beam is a total combination Wi-Fi range extender that plugs into a wall socket.
It is very easy to set up using the Zmodo app and extends the Wi-Fi range up to 656feet (200m) and 300Mbps. Essentially covering the whole home.
If you use other Zmodo accessories they can also be connected and alerts can be received when a sensor is triggered.
We feel that the Zmodo Greet has been designed well. At 9.3 x 6.5 x 4.5 inches the video doorbell is a great balance of video and audio.
While it is only available in the one color if you prefer other options be sure to head over to the best doorbell reviews post.
A unique feature of the Zmodo Greet is the multiple user ability meaning the video can be accessed simultaneously through the Zmodo app.
Another fantastic feature and security enhancement is that the motions sensor automatically records for 30seconds if a person is detected at the door even if the bell hasn’t been pressed.
The Zmodo Greet is easy to install on your own. It has been designed with this in mind and can be ready for use within 20minutes.
For added security and peace of mind a security video doorbell is a fantastic buy. The Zmodo Greet is a very popular doorbell and is quite affordable. The ability to remotely check-in and answer your door at any time and from anywhere makes it an ideal choice.